Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

England v Russia

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:03 pm

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Sheff talks complete and utter Joey Deacon about the whole thing - Check

Made me loff.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:10 am

Exile wrote:
Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Sheff talks complete and utter Joey Deacon about the whole thing - Check

Made me loff.

I agree :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:41 am

King Crimson wrote:
Exile wrote:

Made me loff.

Im glad i made the sexy one loff and you agreed

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:04 am

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Exile wrote:

Made me loff.

Missed yow.
:cry:
x

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:14 am

King Crimson wrote:
Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Exile wrote:

Made me loff.

Missed yow.
:cry:
x

Im needed like Obi wan Kenobi is needed to sort out the rapscallion youth of today

Sheff talks too much pooscat on here and i should sort him out. Its what the Neviller would do

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:19 am

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Im needed like Obi wan Kenobi is needed to sort out the rapscallion youth of today

Sheff talks too much pooscat on here and i should sort him out. Its what the Neviller would do

You're needed here, Gary.

We had you first. :!:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:21 am

King Crimson wrote:
Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Im needed like Obi wan Kenobi is needed to sort out the rapscallion youth of today

You're needed here, Gary.

We had you first. :!:

I know who had me first! She was in the pub after we got back from the Hereford game :wink:

Can I verbally abuse Sheff because hes talking utter nadgers?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:23 am

Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Can I verbally abuse Sheff because hes talking utter nadgers?

Yeah. Shout about it as loudly as you like. Doubt he'll hear you though, unless you're in the scutty part of Yorkshire.

Just dow type it on here.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:28 am

King Crimson wrote:
Gary Ellison Saddler wrote:Can I verbally abuse Sheff because hes talking utter nadgers?

Yeah. Shout about it as loudly as you like. Doubt he'll hear you though, unless you're in the scutty part of Yorkshire.

Just dow type it on here.

where is the fun in that?

South Yorkshire Simon

Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:50 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:You have to laugh at some of the comments above.
I will tell you something for nothing, if Super Frank put in the dire performances Gerrard did over the last few games, people would have gone beserk.
I mean look at this from kshammer above "The whole Chelsea team is set up for Frank, people sit deep to cover him", now forgive me for being totally stupid, but dont most top sides have some attacking midfield player being helped and covered by a defensive midfield player. A bit like Gerrard and Barry in the last 2 matches perhaps? A bit like say Scholes and Hargreaves at Man United etc etc? That kshammer is just a silly statement to make and really makes me wonder if you follow football.
Lets face it, in the last 2 games, SWP has justified he should start in front of the vastly over rated, living on past performances Beckham.
Barry has proved he should start in front of the useless Carrick and put in a good effort to start in front of Hargreaves, but personally I think not, I would have Hargreaves back in all honesty.
As for the up front, who on earth is honestly going to play Heskey in front of Rooney? Personally if we play like we did on many occasions, i.e direct which suited our last 2 opponents, then yes I would. But in all honesty, when we are going to play decent teams, Heskey will not get no where near as much an easier game. Hence why we need to adopt a more passing to feet approach if (well when) Rooney is back.
So its got to be Cole, Lampard, Hargreaves/Barry and SWP.
With Rooney and Owen up front.
Thanks Heskey for doing what you did, and coming back into the England team when your country needed you, unlike a certain Liverpool player did to help is country in times of need. Stand up Mr Carragher.

Spot on.

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:37 pm

South Yorkshire Simon wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:You have to laugh at some of the comments above.
I will tell you something for nothing, if Super Frank put in the dire performances Gerrard did over the last few games, people would have gone beserk.
I mean look at this from kshammer above "The whole Chelsea team is set up for Frank, people sit deep to cover him", now forgive me for being totally stupid, but dont most top sides have some attacking midfield player being helped and covered by a defensive midfield player. A bit like Gerrard and Barry in the last 2 matches perhaps? A bit like say Scholes and Hargreaves at Man United etc etc? That kshammer is just a silly statement to make and really makes me wonder if you follow football.
Lets face it, in the last 2 games, SWP has justified he should start in front of the vastly over rated, living on past performances Beckham.
Barry has proved he should start in front of the useless Carrick and put in a good effort to start in front of Hargreaves, but personally I think not, I would have Hargreaves back in all honesty.
As for the up front, who on earth is honestly going to play Heskey in front of Rooney? Personally if we play like we did on many occasions, i.e direct which suited our last 2 opponents, then yes I would. But in all honesty, when we are going to play decent teams, Heskey will not get no where near as much an easier game. Hence why we need to adopt a more passing to feet approach if (well when) Rooney is back.
So its got to be Cole, Lampard, Hargreaves/Barry and SWP.
With Rooney and Owen up front.
Thanks Heskey for doing what you did, and coming back into the England team when your country needed you, unlike a certain Liverpool player did to help is country in times of need. Stand up Mr Carragher.

Spot on.

:lol: :lol:

South Yorkshire Simon

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:03 pm

KJC wrote: :lol: :lol:

What? :roll:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:05 pm

South Yorkshire Simon wrote:
KJC wrote: :lol: :lol:

What? :roll: