Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Port Vale (A) Sunday May 8th, 12.30pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
chunkster
Site Addict

Re: Port Vale (A) Sunday May 8th, 12.30pm

Fri May 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Noggin wrote:
belgiansaddler wrote:I hear tickets are going well. Anyone who loves Walsall needs to go to this. Obviously some people can't due to family or work commitments but if you can go and don't shame on you. I assume exile will say it's too far, peasant :D only people I don't want to go are idiots who will slag Sawyers off for being lazy etc etc

We still have a chance and even if we don't do it this team deserve a massive turnout to show our appreciation for a season that has surpassed all of our expectations.

2 of our Norwegian supporting saddlers are flying in just for the match.

This could be epic. If it's not, and despite reservations about missed chances in certain matches, the staff and players of Walsall FC deserve massive credit for giving us an exciting season beyond our expectations. Believe

UTS

This is me... Again...

I'm stuck down south... In all the years I've been a Walsall fan I've never seen us get promoted. Obviously, we have been promoted, but I've always managed to miss the actually game when we won promotion.

Have I worded that correctly?
ye it looks ok :wink: but we don't get promoted that often :lol:
Last edited by chunkster on Fri May 06, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri May 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Noggin wrote:
belgiansaddler wrote:I hear tickets are going well. Anyone who loves Walsall needs to go to this. Obviously some people can't due to family or work commitments but if you can go and don't shame on you. I assume exile will say it's too far, peasant :D only people I don't want to go are idiots who will slag Sawyers off for being lazy etc etc

We still have a chance and even if we don't do it this team deserve a massive turnout to show our appreciation for a season that has surpassed all of our expectations.

This could be epic. If it's not, and despite reservations about missed chances in certain matches, the staff and players of Walsall FC deserve massive credit for giving us an exciting season beyond our expectations. Believe

UTS

This is me... Again...

I'm stuck down south... In all the years I've been a Walsall fan I've never seen us get promoted. Obviously, we have been promoted, but I've always managed to miss the actually game when we won promotion.

No offence or anything, but I hope you miss another one :lol:

Noggin
UTS Veteran

Fri May 06, 2016 8:07 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:
belgiansaddler wrote:
I hear tickets are going well. Anyone who loves Walsall needs to go to this. Obviously some people can't due to family or work commitments but if you can go and don't shame on you. I assume exile will say it's too far, peasant :D only people I don't want to go are idiots who will slag Sawyers off for being lazy etc etc

UTS

It reminds me of when we got relegated at Ipswich, as in we had the smallest of chances of pulling it off that day, but there was that little chance that we could do it, and you just wouldn't want to miss it if we did. We didn't obviously that day, and despite everything going wrong that could, the mini bus breaking down, sold out of beer in the ground, never really being in the game etc etc, was in my top ten away days of all time. We cheered the team on, we gave them a standing ovation for very nearly pulling off a miracle that season, none more so than Sir Ray. We drank beer and sang Walsall songs well in to the early hours for the love of Walsall F.C. One of the things I miss the most about my Dad, he could turn the most painful of Walsall games in to a day to remember.

Same on Sunday for me, sing, shout and hope, and if all else fails, have a beer with the many great people who I have made friends with through Walsall F.C and be proud that I am from Walsall, and follow the team from the town where I was born.

The Walsall.

This is me... Again.

Relegation... Now I've seen us get relegated a few times... Maybe I should just stop going... :D

I remember that Ipswich game. We had to win by 200 clear goals while everyone else had to lose and we also needed snookers...

I have a vivid memory of that pub (Drum O'Monkey?) and that back room where for some reason, we started to build a massive pyramid of glasses on the table. The last thing I remember is a MASSIVE crashing sound, the police rushing in and most of us rushing of in the other direction. Great times... :mrgreen: :oops:

I think that's what I love about being a Walsall fan, we knew we were down, but we still went in force to Ipswich and lets be honest, if we could fly there instead of drive we all would, could it be any further away... It is so easy to go to Wembley( :mrgreen: I can say that now) but it is not easy to go to Ipswich knowing full well that your team is going down and to go their in full voice, full humour, to look everyone in the eye and say WE ARE WALSALL, this us, this is who we are...

Noggin
UTS Veteran

Fri May 06, 2016 8:09 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:
Noggin wrote:

UTS

This is me... Again...

No offence or anything, but I hope you miss another one :lol:

THANKS!!!

:roll: :mrgreen:

Fish
UTS Veteran

Sat May 07, 2016 9:44 pm

One hope that I have for tomorrow is that the t***ers who were sat behind us in the stand at Swindon back in 2007, are not there tomorrow. These were the ones who thought it hilarious to tell us goals had gone in elsewhere, when they hadn't and started phoney celebrations, laughing their socks of as the lie quickly spread amongst the rest of us. (We did celebrate in the end though).

Funny (not).

UTS Legend

Sun May 08, 2016 1:23 am

Let's hope we're more like Bristol Rovers than Accrington Stanley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-oCZWPibWE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Titch

Sun May 08, 2016 7:26 am

Fish wrote:One hope that I have for tomorrow is that the t***ers who were sat behind us in the stand at Swindon back in 2007, are not there tomorrow. These were the ones who thought it hilarious to tell us goals had gone in elsewhere, when they hadn't and started phoney celebrations, laughing their socks of as the lie quickly spread amongst the rest of us. (We did celebrate in the end though).

Funny (not).

Didn't that happen against Rotherham in 2004 too when there was a rumour Stoke had scored against Gillingham?
Concentrate on our own game first!

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sun May 08, 2016 7:41 am

It's going to be warm today. Not the ideal weather (especially with a 1230 k.o.) for playing football at 90 mph.

Substitutions and the timings will play a big part today along with the need for patience.

Catch you later folks.

P.S. Hope Donny can do a job for us at the other end.

Fish
UTS Veteran

Sun May 08, 2016 7:58 am

Titch wrote:
Fish wrote:One hope that I have for tomorrow is that the t***ers who were sat behind us in the stand at Swindon back in 2007, are not there tomorrow. These were the ones who thought it hilarious to tell us goals had gone in elsewhere, when they hadn't and started phoney celebrations, laughing their socks of as the lie quickly spread amongst the rest of us. (We did celebrate in the end though).

Funny (not).

Didn't that happen against Rotherham in 2004 too when there was a rumour Stoke had scored against Gillingham?
Concentrate on our own game first!

Yes, but Pulis was never going to relegate his old club. Our fate was sealed when Colon Lee went and made a series of cretinous decisions for the Gillingham game a few weeks earlier and gave a team on it's backside, one that was going down, the momentum to overtake us.

Never mind. Lets put that right today.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 am

KEY TRAVEL INFO - M6 is fudge north between 12 and 13, 3 lanes down

PT
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 am

Leatherman wrote:It's going to be warm today. Not the ideal weather (especially with a 1230 k.o.) for playing football at 90 mphd.

I think it is ideal mate.

We keep the ball and often have 55-60% possession. The game is so much more hard work when you don't have the ball, especially when it is hot. Remember how we did Blackpool on a similar day at the start of the season?

A similar performance and result today would be beautiful.

Just setting off now. Little Chef at J16 then onto Burslem.

Come on!!!

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sun May 08, 2016 8:37 am

PT wrote:
Leatherman wrote:It's going to be warm today. Not the ideal weather (especially with a 1230 k.o.) for playing football at 90 mphd.

I think it is ideal mate.

We keep the ball and often have 55-60% possession. The game is so much more hard work when you don't have the ball, especially when it is hot. Remember how we did Blackpool on a similar day at the start of the season?

A similar performance and result today would be beautiful.

Just setting off now. Little Chef at J16 then onto Burslem.

Come on!!!

I did think about Blackpool earlier this morning and how it felt the same.

But, it's. The end of the season with a lot more at stake - there'll be a lot of nervous tension out their too.

I hardly slept last night and if the truth be known am shitting my self. :(

Setting off at 1000.

Same result as at Blackpool would be nice whatever happens at. Donny.

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 am

Listening to it on the radio again today, stuck at work.

However:

Utterley confident that things will go our way (If nothing more than i am on Holiday if we get to Wembley).

We'll score early , settling our nerves and Burton will bottle it and we will go on to win convincingly.

By three o'clock our Championshoip status will be confirmed.

No big longwinded predictions , just statement of fact , lots of Saddlers on the pitch at the end celebrating.

BELIEVE!!

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 10:54 am

Unchanged.

Osbourne on the bench!! :lol: :shock:

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Sun May 08, 2016 10:57 am

Isiah Osbourne. The fairytale about to unfold writes itself.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 08, 2016 11:08 am

Best of luck to the lads today, and hope that Doncaster have some pride for their last match in L1...

coop63
Glitterati

Sun May 08, 2016 11:13 am

It's 07.00 am here in the SW of the states and I'm packing to fly back to Blighty later tonight whilst keeping an eye on this site and multiple what's apps from lads on way/at the game.... Very nervous but also very confident...

Cmon u Saddlers - I Believe.....

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 11:31 am

Walsall and Burton Albion given the same odds for their respective matches - both are 1.85 to 1 favourites.

Burton Albion have their 2nd corner, 5 minutes gone...

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 11:41 am

Not much to interest us elsewhere today, but you might as well have Wigan Athletic 1 Barnsley 0 (9 min) - Will Grigg, obviously!!

Temporarily, that puts Scunthorpe into the play-offs......

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 11:54 am

Vale well on top.

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sun May 08, 2016 11:56 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

We've just had our 2nd corner..... and hit the woodwork !!!!!! :twisted: AND SCORED FROM THE AFTER-EFFECTS!!!!!!!!!

Port Vale 0 Walsall 1

Come on Doncaster........

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

0-1, scapegoat Downing. :)

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 11:59 am

0-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!! -------- some bloke called Bradshaw....... :D :D :D :D :D

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sun May 08, 2016 12:00 pm

SUPER TOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4king get in !!!

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Donny holding their own at the moment but a game of few chances so far. Burton look dangerous from corners but home side up for it.

Doncaster fans singing "Walsall are going to get you"

Pheasey_Saddler
UTS Regular

Sun May 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Donny fans singing 'Walsall gonna get ya'! Love it!

Burton fans have gone quiet and their players looking a lot more nervous now

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun May 08, 2016 12:10 pm

0-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ObiWan7
UTS Regular

Sun May 08, 2016 12:10 pm

3-0

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D