Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Port Vale (A) Sunday May 8th, 12.30pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
UTS Legend

Re: Port Vale (A) Sunday May 8th, 12.30pm

Mon May 09, 2016 6:50 am

The Filmon one should work, but it takes some time to load. (It's 431.5 MB.) The highlights have been blocked by the Football League, who were kind enough not to block my Accrington/ Bristol highlights. The two shorter videos above have not yet been blocked as far as I am aware.

Titch

Mon May 09, 2016 7:41 am

Reading the Vale comments, apparently our first goal was two yards offside :shock:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon May 09, 2016 8:19 am

Guest wrote:The Filmon one should work, but it takes some time to load. (It's 431.5 MB.) The highlights have been blocked by the Football League, who were kind enough not to block my Accrington/ Bristol highlights. The two shorter videos above have not yet been blocked as far as I am aware.

All I saw in that one were random adverts? Will try again.

UTS Legend

Mon May 09, 2016 8:20 am

UTS Legend

Mon May 09, 2016 8:33 am

Exile wrote:
Guest wrote:The Filmon one should work, but it takes some time to load. (It's 431.5 MB.) The highlights have been blocked by the Football League, who were kind enough not to block my Accrington/ Bristol highlights. The two shorter videos above have not yet been blocked as far as I am aware.

All I saw in that one were random adverts? Will try again.

The programme doesn't actually start until 9 minutes in. When I record using Filmon there are usually a few minutes recorded either side. In this case they probably started late. I have no control over the recording on the Filmon site.

UTS Legend

Mon May 09, 2016 8:44 am

Some fabulous strikes. Another day I would be drooling over that...

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon May 09, 2016 8:53 am

Appears that the mathematical problems from Monday continued through to yesterday :lol:

Some great long range shooting from us, and noticable how many men we had racing forward when we countered. More of the same Saturday please.

saddler79
UTS Regular

Mon May 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Its amazing what happens when you shoot! The quality of the ball striking and free flow attacking in numbers was just a joy to watch yesterday. Between Demetriou, Sawyers, Morris, Forde and Mantom we have seen an education on how to cleanly strike a football recently. More of the same Saturday please. Whitney obviously knows this and will be telling them shoot on every opportunity on Saturday. Strange to consider really we have had a lot of side to side on the 18 yard line games this season when you see how effective we can be in an attacking sense.

Still smarting a bit that we didn't go up automatically but no point dwelling on it now and the players certainly cant dwell on it! If you had asked me after the Bradford game I would have given us a 0% chance in the playoffs. The way we have bounced back since has been a revelation and makes me feel guilty for doubting this team (and a lot of the media and other Walsall fans!). Time after time this team have shown serious backbone after disappointment this season. I'm traveling to Barnsley full of confidence and if we show the same composure and attacking intent there is no reason we cant win there.

............actually thinking about it, yesterday was a blessing.........we get to see this superb team 3 more times now. :D

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon May 09, 2016 12:42 pm

What a day. I never really expected Burton to lose to Doncaster, but it was satisfying to see a Walsall side so fired up and ruthless. To take a 2-0 lead fairly early on was great, but what was most pleasing was how we didn't stop there. Vale might have been the epitome of a team already being on the beach, but we never looked like a side put off by the fact that we needed to win by at least two.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but to go into them playing such good football has to be a good thing. Whitney's managed to find a line-up with is about as free-flowing going forward as any I've seen in 20-odd years at Walsall, so the tough bit is sussing out how offensive to be in the first leg. Whatever happens at Oakwell, the last two games have proved we can go for the jugular and stick the ball in the net when we really need to.

UTS Legend

Mon May 09, 2016 1:32 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:

Appears that the mathematical problems from Monday continued through to yesterday :lol:

Some great long range shooting from us, and noticable how many men we had racing forward when we countered. More of the same Saturday please.

Indeed. My favourite was: "And they've made up the three-goal swing as well!!"

UTS Legend

Mon May 09, 2016 1:44 pm

:? (For some reason I posted twice.)

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Mon May 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Titch wrote:Reading the Vale comments, apparently our first goal was two yards offside :shock:

It wasn't offside the linesman said so :D

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon May 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Bradshaw's goal is my favourite out of the five, his pure desire to get on the end of that loose ball is superb. No one else had a chance of winning it with him flying through the air like that :D

Walsall_fan1992
UTS Regular

Mon May 09, 2016 8:09 pm

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 am

Thanks for the highlights. I'm really glad they were interspersed with some of the Burton game because it clearly showed who the better footballing side is!

Our first two were both the result of numbers supporting well into the box. Great to see. Loved the long range efforts, Forde's in particular a thing of beauty.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue May 10, 2016 6:32 am

Exile wrote:Thanks for the highlights. I'm really glad they were interspersed with some of the Burton game because it clearly showed who the better footballing side is!

Our first two were both the result of numbers supporting well into the box. Great to see. Loved the long range efforts, Forde's in particular a thing of beauty.

The Mantom one looked better (to me) at the game, although it was at our end, but what you don't see on the highlights is how it moved in the air, twisted and turned like a twisty turny thing.

Totally agree about the numbers supporting in the box, if we continue to do this in the play offs, we have a great chance.

UTS Legend

Tue May 10, 2016 8:40 am

Exile wrote:Thanks for the highlights. I'm really glad they were interspersed with some of the Burton game because it clearly showed who the better footballing side is!

I did edit out Burton's other chance. :D

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Thu May 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Titch wrote:Reading the Vale comments, apparently, our first goal was two yards offside :shock:

They have very short yards in Burslem! :mrgreen:

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 am

Pedagogue wrote:
Titch wrote:Reading the Vale comments, apparently, our first goal was two yards offside :shock:

They have very short yards in Burslem! :mrgreen:

The're mostly scrap yards from what I've seen.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season