Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Fleetwood Town (H) Monday 2nd May, 12.15pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Fleetwood Town (H) Monday 2nd May, 12.15pm

Sun May 01, 2016 10:37 am

A win is absolutely necessary, a big win is highly desirable.

In reality, we need a minimum of a 3 goal margin, but 2 would be better than nothing.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun May 01, 2016 12:23 pm

cumbria-saddler wrote:3-1 Saddlers, Morris, Bradshaw and O'Connor.

6965 there, with 245 away fans.

Anyone know what time the Saddlers Club will be open?

10am.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun May 01, 2016 1:53 pm

tinned wrote:

10am.

2 hours later, nobody has got past the gorillas on the door, the pumps seize up from under-use, takings......nil.
The rest of us are supping quietly and cumfy in the Tile Choice bar, where you are actually welcome!! :mrgreen:

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun May 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
tinned wrote:

10am.

2 hours later, nobody has got past the gorillas on the door, the pumps seize up from under-use, takings......nil.
The rest of us are supping quietly and cumfy in the Tile Choice bar, where you are actually welcome!! :mrgreen:
or you could make yourself a member, thereby negating the need to try to bypass the gorillas :wink: and you get served quicker in the members bar without the need to have to drink out of those orrid plastic glasses :wink:

windowman
UTS Legend

Sun May 01, 2016 4:33 pm

chunkster wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
tinned wrote:

10am.

or you could make yourself a member, thereby negating the need to try to bypass the gorillas :wink: and you get served quicker in the members bar without the need to have to drink out of those orrid plastic glasses :wink:

This

tinned
Site Addict

Sun May 01, 2016 4:40 pm

windowman wrote:
chunkster wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
tinned wrote:

10am.

This

This x 2.

Drink in the Tile Choice bar???? I won't be in there long enough to defrost the Banks's Mild lollipops they continue to serve.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 pm

i was just thinking about tomorrows game. and my biggest worry is the fact that if we are not 2 or 3 goals up after about 60-70 mins, we will start to get frustrated and it will carry across to the players, and in turn make them nervy etc etc :|

Cully
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 6:40 am

chunkster wrote:i was just thinking about tomorrows game. and my biggest worry is the fact that if we are not 2 or 3 goals up after about 60-70 mins, we will start to get frustrated and it will carry across to the players, and in turn make them nervy etc etc :|

There is absolutely nothing to worry about as I'm sure Whitney's now legendary motivational team talk which consists of repeating the word Believe and enjoy ad nauseam will stir the team to a level never previously achieved.
Sarcasm apart, if anybody has tuned into those YouTube videos you might find something missing, namely talk or instruction about tactics, the opposition, what players should be doing in the game. Strangely enough - nothing, I find that odd. The players are hardly captivated by his every word and body language denotes a lack of authority.
Hope I'm wrong but it's Operation Fail Miserably in the play offs - I don't believe but please prove me wrong Jon. :shock:

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Mon May 02, 2016 7:27 am

Cully wrote:
chunkster wrote:i was just thinking about tomorrows game. and my biggest worry is the fact that if we are not 2 or 3 goals up after about 60-70 mins, we will start to get frustrated and it will carry across to the players, and in turn make them nervy etc etc :|

There is absolutely nothing to worry about as I'm sure Whitney's now legendary motivational team talk which consists of repeating the word Believe and enjoy ad nauseam will stir the team to a level never previously achieved.
Sarcasm apart, if anybody has tuned into those YouTube videos you might find something missing, namely talk or instruction about tactics, the opposition, what players should be doing in the game. Strangely enough - nothing, I find that odd. The players are hardly captivated by his every word and body language denotes a lack of authority.
Hope I'm wrong but it's Operation Fail Miserably in the play offs - I don't believe but please prove me wrong Jon. :shock:

Oh look. More manager knocking from Cully. What a surprise :roll:

Bonser could get Mourinho in and this geezer still wouldn't be happy.

CULLY :arrow: THICK :D

saddla
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 7:33 am

It's Matchday

and while some have given up the ghost and claimed it's impossible It's not.
There is still a chance. It may be a small chance but it's a chance.
So get yourselves down to the Banks's and shout for the lads.

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Mon May 02, 2016 7:41 am

I'll be in Upper Block 4, preparing my vocal chords now.

Lets go and batter a team again - Blackpool style.

4-0, 7250.

Cully
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 8:01 am

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
Cully wrote:

It's called an opinion based on observation, first hand witness of events and basic psychology just like my opinion of you is based on your one dimensional posts, inability to read and understand English and a rather child like view of the world coupled with emotional tear based posts. I imagine you'll be stamping your feet and burying your face in the pillow but don't worry, that's just my fertile imagination.

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 am

Cully wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
Cully wrote:

It's called an opinion based on observation, first hand witness of events and basic psychology just like my opinion of you is based on your one dimensional posts, inability to read and understand English and a rather child like view of the world coupled with emotional tear based posts. I imagine you'll be stamping your feet and burying your face in the pillow but don't worry, that's just my fertile imagination.

Do you glean any enjoyment at all from life? Spending money to go to the football so you can moan at whoever is in charge. You can spend money on things to make you happy you know?

My posts maybe one dimensional but at least my personality isn't :lol:

Anyway, lets not turn the match thread into the tiresome Cully show :arrow: BORING

sid swifty
Glitterati

Mon May 02, 2016 9:02 am

2-1 to Fleetwood I'm afraid,I think the fight went out of Walsall when they lost 4-0 at Bradford,that was a must win game and they failed big time.And I honestly can't see them competing with Bradford in the play-off's.

chunkster
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 9:43 am

well i'm going for a win, i think it will be an open game, and whether it's a nervy 1-0 or an emphatic 4-0 it will be another few points on the board. going in the lower FTG today for the first time in yonks :D give the old vocal cords a workout :lol:

seventies_saddler
UTS Veteran

Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 am

Me too chunkster

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 10:07 am

This is Walsall, so we it will be an emphatic 4-0 home win, giving us loads of hope for next Sunday, where we lose dismally to Vale 3-0.

wednesburysaddler
Glitterati

Mon May 02, 2016 10:11 am

this match to me is a free hit.

we should relax and enjoy today whatever happens.
yes would be nice to take out a few frustrations on Fleetwood but we have a comfort blanket off an extra 2 maybe 3 matches.

the players shouldn't be put under any pressure from the fans today don't forget as bad as fleetwoods league position they could keep themselves up and relegate blackpool today with a gritty 0-0 and that's motivation enough for them to sit back and defend for their lives so expect a 10 man defence from these today.

if we still have any chance going into sundays game then fantastic but looking at the play off zone I think finishing 3rd would be good for confidence and possibly avoiding free scoring Bradford and millwall all plus points.

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Mon May 02, 2016 10:13 am

I just want Whitney to tell them to shoot ( not you, Milan ) when they get a decent sight of goal, not routinely pass it sideways and shirk responsibility.
Morris needs to start and I hope Tom actually manages more than one half-chance today.
I still believe....a lot more than I did in the 92nd minute on Saturday anyway.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 10:22 am

Same 18 as Tuesday I think.

SuperDon

Mon May 02, 2016 11:34 am

Cracking first 17 mins.

MILO5
UTS Veteran

Mon May 02, 2016 11:46 am

Great start - a win with a 3 goal margin is all we can ask for .

Then a win against Vale by any margin is enough IF somehow Doncaster beat Burton .

The last bit may require bribery .

People on about getting 4/5 etc - not necessary and last thing we need is to go gung ho and conceding

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 12:08 pm

Been excellent. Every attack threatening

It ain't over yet but it's the hope that kills ya !!

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Mon May 02, 2016 12:18 pm

We've been by far the better team.
More goals please!

SuperDon

Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Oh yes. Three lovely goals.
Last edited by SuperDon on Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Oh yes! Lovely move, lovely strike,precision.

SuperDon

Mon May 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Would feel less nervous with four. I can see fleetwood sneaking one.

SuperDon

Mon May 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Just like that :(

MILO5
UTS Veteran

Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Geez sounds like we should have had 5 before that

SuperDon

Mon May 02, 2016 1:12 pm

Great performance and almost the perfect result. If we play like that at vale we can get the two goals.

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season