Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bradford City (A) April 23rd, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Re: Bradford City (A) April 23rd, 3pm

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
SoccerHQ wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:I clapped them off because even though we were dire, we are still in 4th place. They deserve a little bit of respect even after that horror show of a performance. It doesn't send the best message if we only clap them off when things are going well and then abandon them when it isn't.

Pretty much, wasn't AM slaughtering the fans after the Crewe away game? :lol:

Yes, I did, but at Crewe we did at least put in some effort, we just could not score against the Divisions worst, first relegated team! We did at least attack non stop, but with all the venom and finishing ability of 9 year olds! :oops:
Saturday was just cack, total and utter shite, the players should hold their heads in shame when such a great season suddenly comes to a grinding halt, cus the majority were 'already on the beach' and let Bradford humiliate us.
It's to be hoped that a vast number of changes are made to the team for Tuesday, and that we go at Shrewsbury from the off, if the lack of cohesion continues like it did at Bradford, it will be yet another 0-0 at 88 minutes and heart attack time!
:(

Bradford are a million miles better than Crewe so it's all relative.

Only thing I would say is there is usually a response after a bad defeat, I remember after losing at Reading 4-0 the team went up to Donny 3 days later and won.

As remote as auto promotion looks currently, win the last 3 and you never know, Burton could draw twice, it's not impossible for them to do that.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:26 am

Sorry HQ the phrase 'clutching at straws' comes to mind........we cuda, shuda, wuda, miracles don't happen, (except to 5,000/1 Leicester)

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:16 am

We all know this team can be bulied. It's been happening to us for years, the JPT final for example.

If we get promoted and we retain most of the same squad we will get absolutely slaughtered week in week out. We just aren't tough enough and all good teams are tough. Great teams are tough and can play.

Having said that playing Taylor and Downing in defence was asking for trouble. Preston and Henry should have played. Anyway onwards. Fingers crossed for tonight, two quick home wins so that we have something to play for on the last day please.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season