Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Southend United (H) April 16th, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Re: Southend United (H) April 16th, 3pm

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Super Gabor wrote:Think everyone played well yesterday but Forde deserves a special mention. Goes under the radar somewhat but he worked tirelessly throughout the whole match. Very solid performance.

In Lalkovic, Forde & Morris, I think we've got a great blend of pace, skill, the ability to beat a fullback, score from long range, and even cover defensively when the fullbacks get forward. The difficulty is knowing which two to pick every week.

I think Morris has been really unlucky not to have played more games this season - particularly when Lalkovic, as we saw yesterday, struggles to play well in back-to-back games.

We have a good squad and whoever gets chosen to play you will always feel sorry for those left on the bench. This is good news.

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:33 pm

I was pleased Witney went for it and swapped a midfielder mantom for another forward late on
But I would rather he found a way to have kept Milan on than find a Place for cook Milan was not too happy about coming off and I agree with him he should have stayed on.

Also I thought Henry answered the concerns shown about him marking big players I didn't see him lose an aerial challenge this lad is pure quality

nottmsaddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 am

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:For Phil Brown to say the linesmans decision was affected by a tiny pitch invasion on the opposite side of the pitch, mid way through the celebrations, is one of the most ludicrous claims I've heard all year.

Never had that much of a problem with Phil Brown to be honest but to say 'dropping like a stone' when his team have gone from 7th to 13th and we're third with a game in hand seems pretty daft and makes him look an idiot.

Wonder if he's just got the hump because he was supposed to be nailed on for Bolton and now they're looking at Chris Wilder instead?

saddlerphil
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:31 pm

A snippet of Mr Browns after match mini rant...

“I think the linesman has been sucked in by the great atmosphere and, with the little pitch invasion there was when they scored, he probably felt quite good about himself when he gave it."

Thank you Mr B.

Hopefully the fiver brigade will cause another three points Tuesday!!!

lolololol

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Leatherman wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
Super Gabor wrote:Think everyone played well yesterday but Forde deserves a special mention. Goes under the radar somewhat but he worked tirelessly throughout the whole match. Very solid performance.

In Lalkovic, Forde & Morris, I think we've got a great blend of pace, skill, the ability to beat a fullback, score from long range, and even cover defensively when the fullbacks get forward. The difficulty is knowing which two to pick every week.

I think Morris has been really unlucky not to have played more games this season - particularly when Lalkovic, as we saw yesterday, struggles to play well in back-to-back games.

We have a good squad and whoever gets chosen to play you will always feel sorry for those left on the bench. This is good news.

I agree. In response to a couple of others who said he played well, I guess it depends what you want Lalkovic to do. In a game where we created a bucketload of chances, I can't remember a single one created by Lalkovic. He had the first shot within that flurry in the first half, but other than that I don't think he got the better of his marker.

Don't get me wrong, I rate Lalkovic. Going back to my original point though, I do think he struggles to make an impact in successive games - which is why he's playing for Walsall, of course.

WFC Steve

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Thought the defence were excellent, as well as Taylor has been playing, Rico and JD gives the team a better shape. It was good to see Rico 'out muscle' the right midfielder in the second half :mrgreen: - he did look a plum rolling around and not getting a free kick :oops:

I think Rico is better running from deep- when he was getting the ball when playing left midfield he was virtually ata standstill, making it harder for him to beat a man - wheras when he runs from the back hes already got momentum and movement that makes it more difficult to defend

Paulus68
UTS Regular

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:01 pm

saddlerphil wrote:A snippet of Mr Browns after match mini rant...

“I think the linesman has been sucked in by the great atmosphere and, with the little pitch invasion there was when they scored, he probably felt quite good about himself when he gave it."

Thank you Mr B.

lolololol

Didnt the Posh chairman also comment on the great atmosphere at Bescot?

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:31 am

Paulus68 wrote:
saddlerphil wrote:A snippet of Mr Browns after match mini rant...

Thank you Mr B.

lolololol

Didnt the Posh chairman also comment on the great atmosphere at Bescot?

To be fair to the 'Shaded one' he did refer to the atmosphere during the match in his radio interview for BBC Every Way is Essex. Something along the lines of ' if you want to hear that we in week out, then you'll need to perform better than that'.

Enniskillen
UTS Veteran

Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:57 pm

If there was ever any doubt about the ball crossing the line, then look at the Southend defenders reaction.
They didn't protest - they knew it was over the line.

https://youtu.be/cvn132Cqmh8

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Enniskillen wrote:If there was ever any doubt about the ball crossing the line, then look at the Southend defenders reaction.
They didn't protest - they knew it was over the line.

https://youtu.be/cvn132Cqmh8
bloody hell that was quite good. i didn't know that we put a camera at the back of the net :shock: :D

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season