Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chesterfield (A) League One Mar 12, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Re: Chesterfield (A) League One Mar 12, 3pm

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Loved it.

We've got our Walsall back!

Lost my voice a week ago and only just got it back a few days ago... after todays game I think am now losing it again :lol:

Felix

Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Seen goals and heard atmosphere.v jealous as don't have the opportunity to travel these days, looking forward to Col U at home.
Not bad considering that according to SOD the rest of the division had sussed us out plus we played that carthorse Rico Henry!!

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Great result, sorry I had to miss the game due to holiday but hey ho I did manage to get a wedge on a Walsall win which will more than pay for my big fat steak tonight and a few glasses of wine ( including Mrs Cully's proposed menu choice of 'something that tastes nice' - :roll: )
Huzzah!

UTS Legend

Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:48 am

Thanks for the goals link Pete. Good to see 4 away day specials, and a bizarre scrap!

Great result, pleased for the lads.

UTS Legend

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:33 am

Yes, thought I was watching the rugby for a moment.

chriss5471
UTS Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:07 am

Is it just me or as our players run over to celebrate, yes admittedly they may be close or even bump the Chesterfield lad, but he deliberately puts both arms out as if to stop our players going past him on either side and in doing that gets dragged into it. What a tool their lad is for throwing a punch, but credit to Jason I believe it is in not reacting and staying calm. If that was me I'd have responded UFC style in a takedown and ground and pound.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:03 am

A magnificent reaction to last week's events. Well done to the 'new' management team and the lads :)

UTS

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:25 am

Nice assist from Jordi for the 4th
An assist and a goal from him it's unbelievable that he didn't start last week when we need goals
What's happened to mantom in a week gone from seemingly disinterested to frank lampard
Hopefully these pair will divert defenders away from Bradshaw and sawyers

It's now got very interesting

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:42 am

Cowshed wrote:Nice assist from Jordi for the 4th
An assist and a goal from him it's unbelievable that he didn't start last week when we need goals
What's happened to mantom in a week gone from seemingly disinterested to frank lampard
Hopefully these pair will divert defenders away from Bradshaw and sawyers

It's now got very interesting

Nice move from Sawyers as well, last week he`d have shy`d out of that instead he kept his feet and got the ball to Jordy. all 100 mph attacking football instead of dilly dallying with the ball, just like Barcelona.

Gripper
Glitterati

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:08 pm

On the photo's and that video the away end looks quite sparse but rest assured that you couldn't move up the top.

3 Great goals. Tom deserved one, his link up play, first touch and ball distribution was a different gravy.

Sam Mantom was great, if you watch the full highlights there was a move in the first half that Sam finished by slightly putting it wide.

Some great football, unreal atmosphere at times. Sheff United and Oldham (both Saturday's and easily reachable)...regardless of what happens between now and then....Be there!

The Bosted Slab
UTS Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:17 pm

SaddlerCrewe wrote:Highlights from Sky - can't make my mind up about the sending off.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -4-walsall

If you ever wanted to see the impact and additional dynamic that Demetriou has brought to the team this season, you only have to look at these brief clips. He is at the heart of so much of the good stuff that we do.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Enjoyed a few beers in the Derby Tup and was going to try the other pub around the corner but ran out of time.

We started really well and they didn't get near the ball for what seemed like ages - Hurrah!

O'Conners own goal was a bit of a downer and looking at the tv highlights he may have been pushed in the back, but it didn't really matter as it all turned out right in the end.

A few nerves here and there but that wasn't too much of a surprise either as high expectations were now on the players with no O'Driscoll to blame and to a man were pretty much at the races.

Nice to see that mythical creature Bryn Morris on the pitch even though the five minutes he had just increased he laundry mans work load.

P.S. They'll have to get that fudge church fixed; it'll have someone's eye out if the're not careful.

One time faithful

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:08 pm

What an amazing game it was, fully backed by a great and unusual support. I don't think I can remember being at a game with pretty much no negativity. Even the small mistakes which are usually moaned and groaned at were supported. Even a short (tongue in cheek) chorus in support of bonser was heard.

All in a great day out here's to hoping the season finishes strong

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season