Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chesterfield (A) League One Mar 12, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
sallian
Glitterati

Re: Chesterfield (A) League One Mar 12, 3pm

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:08 pm

saddlertd wrote:Great result for the lads. It's amazing what a bit of positive thinking can do - I'm glad we've got rid of that miserable SOD. Let's hope we can carry this on. BTW, why the massive downer on Salian? He makes me loff....and he's entitled to his opinion. Just seen England beat Wales - it's a major jizzfest tonight!

Positive thinking can indeed do a lot but only when tied to technique, knowledge...and even better with experience and wisdom.

We had Mr Motivator Whitney at the club anyway.... O'Driscoll gave us what we didn't have.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:16 pm

sallian wrote:
saddlertd wrote:Great result for the lads. It's amazing what a bit of positive thinking can do - I'm glad we've got rid of that miserable SOD. Let's hope we can carry this on. BTW, why the massive downer on Salian? He makes me loff....and he's entitled to his opinion. Just seen England beat Wales - it's a major jizzfest tonight!

Positive thinking can indeed do a lot but only when tied to technique, knowledge...and even better with experience and wisdom.

We had Mr Motivator Whitney at the club anyway.... O'Driscoll gave us what we didn't have.

Message to sallian.............You have made 23 posts in this match thread and caused several respected members of UTS to call for you to be banned. If you really want some kind of martyrdom then carry on as before, because the majority decision will prevail.

Your opinion on Sean O'Dismal is now well-known to everyone, and what is equally well-known is that you are the only one with that opinion. Heed the gypsy's warning and give it a rest, because you are single-handedly spoiling everyone else's day.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
saddlertd wrote:Great result for the lads. It's amazing what a bit of positive thinking can do - I'm glad we've got rid of that miserable SOD. Let's hope we can carry this on. BTW, why the massive downer on Sallian? He makes me loff....and he's entitled to his opinion. Just seen England beat Wales - it's a major jizzfest tonight!

Message to sallian.............You have made 23 posts in this match thread and caused several respected members of UTS to call for you to be banned. If you really want some kind of martyrdom then carry on as before, because the majority decision will prevail.

Your opinion on Sean O'Dismal is now well-known to everyone, and what is equally well-known is that you are the only one with that opinion. Heed the gypsy's warning and give it a rest, because you are single-handedly spoiling everyone else's day.

Message to all UTSers:- Surely we can all see that Sallian is just a persistent troll? All trolls feed on responses - so stop responding to him - and, furthermore, stop quoting him in your posts because people who have, understandably, blocked him as a foe, are forced to read his deliberately irritating and provocative posts. It's simple, really.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
sallian wrote:

Ban the turd, he's ruining the thread for everyone.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:26 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:I'm starting to think Guest is Sallian.

Cannot believe people are seriously still replying to the troll after this week. It's not a Walsall fan, its a troll that ruins every match thread by trying to wind people up and its getting beyond a joke now. Come on here to read match reports of fans not pages of utter bollocks of someone sat in front of a computer every Saturday, all afternoon and evening trying to deliberately wind people up. Whoever it is behind it just get a fudge life!

Don't reply and cut off the one thing it craves. Its not funny any more. Add a foe if you feel at all compelled to respond.

Anyway, felt we were awesome today. If SOD was in charge it would have been a 1-1, everyone has had a visible lift - you could see it during the warm up. Didn't hear any negativity anywhere even when we went 1-0 down!

POSITIVE...not even a sad internet twerp can ruin my buzz this evening.

Agree Funk. I tend not to revert to personal abuse but I'll make an exception with Sallian as he's not a genuine fan. Sallian, please fudge off you annoying Scunthorpe.

An artificial fan or 'troll' as you people like to parrot off of each other.....would spend his time on A Waslall f.c. forum wouldn't he....rather than spending his time on any other forum of much greater viewing figures...or any other more populist social media....and speak on much more popular topics and mention much more contentious opinions.

Please one of you sheep at least exercise some brain cells...or go sit down with an adult to make you see some common sense.

Maybe my Walsall roots go back a lot further than many of yours.

I have a personally signed action photograph of Stuart Rimmer, a signed football from players of the Marsh era... (caught it when the guy a few rows in front deflected it my way), have a signed Notts County prog. (Walsall home) from David Kelly....he gave it to me on the fellows park pitch.

Have spoken personally to a few Walsall players.

And Walsall players in my family.

On top of that I would have been a better player than any of the Walsall players of the last 10 years in all likelihood.... but I do more important things in the real world. My biggest frustration in watching Walsall matches is thinking "Even at my age now I can still do better, with a bit of weight loss and cardio"
Last edited by sallian on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:33 pm

I am thinking this is the forum for the mental hospital section of Walsall supporters, you are all nuts it seems.

"Spoiling everyone's day" You lot have lost the plot.

Maybe that was what SOD was sacked for "Spoiling everyone's day for not being a happy clapper" Didn't smile enough so supporters had to go into pharma-dependency followed by rehab.

SaddlerCrewe
Glitterati

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Highlights from Sky - can't make my mind up about the sending off.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -4-walsall

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:44 pm

SaddlerCrewe wrote:Highlights from Sky - can't make my mind up about the sending off.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -4-walsall

The sending off was a clear punch , the highlights don't show it.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Some of the link up play was like the sexy beast stuff from earlier in the season.

If the players want it, we've a real chance this season.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Good beer; good fish and chips; good result; good beer; good beer; good beer.

That is all for now.

Time for bed.

P.S. Sending off was for a punch thrown.

Andy_Petterson
Glitterati

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:06 pm

The fracas after the second Walsall goal was hilarious. I hope to see more "set plays" that result in two yellow cards and a red for the opposition in the future.

Nice to see Rico Henry has recovered from his ankle injury too.

Great day out. Top 2 spot definitely achievable

UTS

TWM1962
UTS Regular

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Just got back from watching a rejuvenated Saddlers. Awesome and now a curry. Looking forward to going to Fleetwood for a battered cod on Tuesday!!

caldy
UTS Regular

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Best match I've seen for ages. When JW was announced interim manager I said straight away that he would not be my choice. A physio in my eyes until today. Top bloke as we all know but if we play half as well with half as much fight and motivation in the rest of the matches this season then I will be a happy man. If that's a taster of what is to come sign him up now!!! I admit I was wrong. Jordy was mom for me. He is what has been missing for us i think. Great banter and chants from the fans today, never thought I'd hear Bonsers name being sung though :lol:

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:20 pm

great result I was worried before kick off about damage to confidence to team by SOD and if it would take a while to get it back. Going behind and with an OG I feared the worst but the belief is back thanks to Whitney.
Once we got level there was only going to be one winner the team spirit was back. Yes we were helped by sending off but sometimes that makes it harder and for once we took full advantage.
Tremendous backing for team today lets keep it going till end of season.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
sallian wrote:

Agreed, he is just spoiling what has been a fabulous 'recovery' day for us all after the O'Dysmal regime.
Hope he receives the 'just' ban.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:30 pm

i think the players wanted to prove today that what had gone on with sod was wrong. and it wasn't their fault. looking forward to tuesday now. if we win 0-9 we will go second :lol:

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Was worried I was going to miss that when my train sat outside Meadowhall for nearly an hour but thanks to taxi from station made it with 3 minutes to spare.
Thought we were dominant until the own goal (be interested to know what was said about that) and then it was far more even. Second half we were excellent and after the 2nd goal & sending off we were in complete control. A really positive experience. We seemed to be playing with spirit again ... long may it continue!

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:33 pm

I don't think I have seen,certainly in recent years,such an attacking line up...the downside of that is the opposition get a lot of space to play however its virtue is the attacking scope it gives us. Mantom who gets a lot of criticism on here(some of it justified,some of it not) revelled in a more forward role and deserved his goals and his assist!
We are in for an exciting end to the season folks...enjoy the ride. Well done Jon and the team. The second half was very good and once again our football was a delight...dare I say it "well above Division1 level".

caldy
UTS Regular

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:39 pm

hullsaddler wrote:Was worried I was going to miss that when my train sat outside Meadowhall for nearly an hour but thanks to taxi from station made it with 3 minutes to spare.
Thought we were dominant until the own goal (be interested to know what was said about that) and then it was far more even. Second half we were excellent and after the 2nd goal & sending off we were in complete control. A really positive experience. We seemed to be playing with spirit again ... long may it continue!

Etheridge tweeted that he had shouted but Novak shouted keepers resulting in the mix up and own goal. Clever play or cheating bar steward you decide

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:10 pm

caldy wrote:
hullsaddler wrote:Was worried I was going to miss that when my train sat outside Meadowhall for nearly an hour but thanks to taxi from station made it with 3 minutes to spare.

Etheridge tweeted that he had shouted but Novak shouted keepers resulting in the mix up and own goal. Clever play or cheating bar steward you decide
he is a cheat and we should bombard his twitter account. just a thought but if he did shout. then the ref should have picked up on it?
Last edited by chunkster on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bosted Slab
UTS Veteran

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Great result and good performance.

Chesterfield looked quite dangerous at times in the first half and perhaps could have scored more, but did virtually nothing in the second half.

First half we played quite nicely, but second half were completely dominant.

Once Chesterfield were reduced to ten men, the dismissal was absolutely correct for a thrown punch seen by the linesman, we were totally professional in denying them the ball by moving it around comfortably between us.

The ease of scoring four goals left Chesterfield looking demoralised and dispirited.

I think we could and should have scored more goals to improve the goal difference, but it looked like we were more intent on securing the victory and not letting them back into it, which is understandable.

Our fourth goal was a gem.

Bradshaw was very good today and I don't think he failed to hold the ball up, or lay it off to a teammate at any point.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Top day out top performance up the Walsall

firreblade

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:09 pm

Hope that Sallian gets banned, iv blocked him now because he can't be a real Walsall Fan.

A great performance from the lads, Chesterfield down to ten men but they was well beaten before that, we were 2-1 up and I believe we would of scored a couple of goals anyway after that; our performance was that good.

There is no way we would of won that game with SOD in charge applying his negative defensive formation. I can just imagine his match report; SOD ' They are a team who have been unbeaten for five games and are progressing well and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play-off's Oh! also Rico still got his ankle problem. We should be glad we are 5th now and still in the play-off's, B Morris has also got a ankle injury now blar blar blar blar ..... Funking glad SOD has gone otherwise this is the cack we would be hearing on this lovely Saturday evening.

Same again on Tuesday

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:15 pm

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: at last WE get a decision :lol:

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:24 pm

It basically reads as "wah, wah, wah.... me cwying.... wah, wah...."

coop63
Glitterati

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:27 pm

What a great turnaround from everyone!!!

The players seemed motivated and clearly 'wanted it' today - that alone has been a massive missing factor in recent months.. Well done to every single one of em (great to see Bryn get his boots dirty at last...)

Well done to WCW and all the back room staff for what must have been a strange week.. Very positive attitude and a professional approach is critical as we move into this 'mini season' as JW calls it...

Well done to the fans for being in great voice today - I was watching some of the Spirites fans and they were having a good chuckle at some if our songs - it felt very loud and proud... We must have one if the best selection of songs in the division!!!

Well done to the board for having the nuts to do the right thing in difficult circumstances.. I never thought I'd hear the fans singing for Uncle Jeff :wink:

Great day out all round!!

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Also, how much more lively do our players look in those clips?

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:41 pm

With reference to the whingeing spireites the Express and Star picture shows the Chesterfield player with his fist clenched ready to strike! What poor losers they are!!

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Scum fans and scum players :lol: :lol:

Diddums

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season