Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Barnsley (H) League One March 5th 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Re: Barnsley (H) League One March 5th 3pm

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:05 pm

What are the rules on the maximum number of loan players a team can field? Only just clocked that Barnsley fielded five (yes five!) loan players on Saturday.

It should have been billed as Walsall vs 6 Club Allsorts, not Walsall v Barnsley. Farce.

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:24 pm

aaaae wrote:What are the rules on the maximum number of loan players a team can field? Only just clocked that Barnsley fielded five (yes five!) loan players on Saturday.

It should have been billed as Walsall vs 6 Club Allsorts, not Walsall v Barnsley. Farce.

On the surface of it I agree with you but why don't we do the same to get promoted?
Effectively create a team with Championship/Premier League class players to get us up.
Then we can plan survival from there.
These are desperate times and we are closer than ever to the Championship so no strategy should be ignored..

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:26 pm

aaaae wrote:What are the rules on the maximum number of loan players a team can field? Only just clocked that Barnsley fielded five (yes five!) loan players on Saturday.

From football league regulations -52.2.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by The League under the provisions of Regulation 54.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Cheers Hull. So they are at the maximum then. Half of the outfield players being loanees seems too many to me. Wonder if they will all be available for the playoffs?

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Noticed on Football League show that quite a number of good performances throughout the 3rd & 4th Division matches came about as a result of 'loanee' performances! There were some particularly great goals in 4th Division matches by loanee's, from Premiership and Championship teams, indeed some were quite well known names! Think we have 'missed the boat' substantially whilst we suffered the O'Dysmal era! :(

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:36 pm

clawtheolder wrote:I`d like to know what was said at half time, to go from how we played first half to that tripe second half is beyond belief.

So now we know what was said.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 pm

clawtheolder wrote:
clawtheolder wrote:I`d like to know what was said at half time, to go from how we played first half to that tripe second half is beyond belief.

So now we know what was said.

Was it "I know you all want to see the back of me, but I'm staying", Tone? :mrgreen:

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:41 pm

hullsaddler wrote:

From football league regulations -52.2.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, International, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by The League under the provisions of Regulation 54.

I think Coventry have 7 loan players on their books, and look how crap they are.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:34 am

sid swifty wrote:
sallian wrote:
chunkster wrote:
BESCOTIAN wrote:The chant being sung by the fans

That sean o driscoll he ain't got a clue he ain't got a clue oh that sean o driscoll he ain't got a clue

Pretty much sums it up
:lol: :lol: :lol: classic

Even though I am frustrated with him...it is the height of idiocy to be chanting against one's own players and manager.

S O'D gets his views over via Newspapers,Radio,club program etc,the fans get theirs over on the terraces.[/quote]

.. And message boards!
Last edited by Leatherman on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:42 am

boringteacher wrote: ...Whatever happens this season, he'll still be a manager in August.

Possibly.
But not ours than God. :mrgreen:

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:42 am

Big respect for our saddlers club on their forum.

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread ... game-today

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:28 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Big respect for our saddlers club on their forum.

A quote from that thread:

"High income clubs like Rochdale, Notts County and Walsall can afford social clubs and video screens. We can't compete." :shock:

saddla
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:50 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:

"High income clubs like Rochdale, Notts County and Walsall can afford social clubs and video screens. We can't compete." :shock:

If you look at the other teams as well as us in that quote it was a bit of sarcasm. I think you've been whooshed.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:27 pm

saddla wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:

If you look at the other teams as well as us in that quote it was a bit of sarcasm. I think you've been whooshed.

They really can't compete when it comes to message board technology. Deary me.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Were they held at gunpoint by Baggies fans when they wrote these mysterious lines? Certainly couldn't have been THE Saddlers club, as uninviting as Muslims at a Bar mitzvah!

Now Rochdale's Pub/Club IS a decent atmos, friendly and respectful, good chats with locals without any intimidating 'heavies' turning/manhandling you away for not being 'members'!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:

Were they held at gunpoint by Baggies fans when they wrote these mysterious lines? Certainly couldn't have been THE Saddlers club, as uninviting as Muslims at a Bar mitzvah!

Now Rochdale's Pub/Club IS a decent atmos, friendly and respectful, good chats with locals without any intimidating 'heavies' turning/manhandling you away for not being 'members'!

:lol:

Thought you'd like that AM

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:20 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

:lol:

Thought you'd like that AM

My most favouritist (as del would say) watering hole! Where (not very) gentle giants cast you out on your arse at a whim, come into our club (if you dare) where there will be a welcome.....IF you can get past the gestapo!

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season