Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wigan Athletic (H) League One, 20th Feb 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
coop63
Glitterati

Re: Wigan Athletic (H) League One, 20th Feb 3pm

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Guest wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
sallian wrote:You don't even know me you illiterate clown....whereas without knowing you I could write a long list of things about you and be mainly right, as you are a sheep....with nothing important to do....this is your life.

You offer precisely nothing to the match thread except constant banal wibblings.

The ultimate fart in a bottle, why do you bob up like a fresh turd when anything goes wrong? Have you really nothing better to do than have your finger poised over the disgorge button on match days?

Must be approaching double figures for the number of people who have blocked you now. I can only offer my sincere apologies for those who have to chance across this response to your stupefying ridiculousness; you pusillanimous, bobble-headed womble.

Why, oh why, do these little 'disagreements' always descend to the level of name-calling?

Saigon does come up with some good ones, though. :D :D :D

Wish it would stay on football related topics eh :roll: :roll:

Gripper
Glitterati

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:00 pm

I'd usually shout at Mantom telling him to Pass, his long range shooting for most of the season has been atrocious but can't take his goal away from him, cracking!

I posted in this thread before I left the house that we were going to lose 2-0, fair play to the posters before me who predicted a win, I'd describe the surroundings of the game today the same as Cov back in August...unfortunately the current Walsall turned up and not the Walsall of August, real shame. I say fair play to the posters before me, because I heard SOD on the radio, he coined this phrase "Reading should win this on paper"...genuinely, they were below us in the league pre-match, yeah, massive squad, big names etc....but stone me, honestly? I'm not criticising his tactics here, just his personality, someone get him a few pill's because he hasn't looked happy yet in his role, why take it if you don't want it?

Positives

Forde's best 90 mins in a Walsall shirt, outstanding, swear the people who pick MOTM don't watch most of the game, probably scoffing prawn sandwiches all match.
Mantom's goal, best goal since Aug/September time.
We rallied in the second half and were great I thought.
Great atmosphere during the second half.
Gillingham Lost.

Negatives

Gillingham lost, we didn't take advantage.
We were unlucky and these recent late goals being conceeded at home can't be good for anyone's mind.
Rico? What has happened? Interesting situation.
We now need to go to Burton and win IMO, simple as that,
Momentum teams win the play offs, if we are to win the play off's we'll need to drop out of them, which on current form isn't impossible to acheive.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Darth Vader wrote:
sallian wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:fudge frustrating. We are dipping quite badly in all fairness, need a partner for Bradshaw for a start. Teams have figured us out and we aren't doing much about it.

don't think it is just teams working us out...I think our play has stalled and gone backwards, the wheels are falling off...maybe in spectacular fashion...like those motor racing accidents where parts go flying off all over the place

I just feel we just haven't changed it up or strengthened where others have. Gone stale somewhat, could be our downfall.

SOD needs to learn to use his fudge bench as well

Big vocal support at burton needed

Yes and when players are not used enough at the time in the right way, then they can go off the boil too

coop63
Glitterati

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Gripper wrote:I'd usually shout at Mantom telling him to Pass, his long range shooting for most of the season has been atrocious but can't take his goal away from him, cracking!

I posted in this thread before I left the house that we were going to lose 2-0, fair play to the posters before me who predicted a win, I'd describe the surroundings of the game today the same as Cov back in August...unfortunately the current Walsall turned up and not the Walsall of August, real shame. I say fair play to the posters before me, because I heard SOD on the radio, he coined this phrase "Reading should win this on paper"...genuinely, they were below us in the league pre-match, yeah, massive squad, big names etc....but stone me, honestly? I'm not criticising his tactics here, just his personality, someone get him a few pill's because he hasn't looked happy yet in his role, why take it if you don't want it?

Positives

Forde's best 90 mins in a Walsall shirt, outstanding, swear the people who pick MOTM don't watch most of the game, probably scoffing prawn sandwiches all match.
Mantom's goal, best goal since Aug/September time.
We rallied in the second half and were great I thought.
Great atmosphere during the second half.
Gillingham Lost.

Negatives

Gillingham lost, we didn't take advantage.
We were unlucky and these recent late goals being conceeded at home can't be good for anyone's mind.
Rico? What has happened? Interesting situation.
We now need to go to Burton and win IMO, simple as that,
Momentum teams win the play offs, if we are to win the play off's we'll need to drop out of them, which on current form isn't impossible to acheive.

Momentum is everything in the play offs and history shows that the teams hitting form (sometimes even scraping into a place) usually go on to secure the promo place .... Have to say that we are not looking at all like a team seeking promotion - there's now a lack of positivity emerging on the pitch and I'm not certain that SOD has the personality to change it????

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:10 pm

coop63 wrote:....there's now a lack of positivity emerging on the pitch and I'm not certain that SOD has the personality to change it????

We need to send Ancient Moaner round to have a word in his ear :lol:

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:19 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
sallian wrote:You don't even know me you illiterate clown....whereas without knowing you I could write a long list of things about you and be mainly right, as you are a sheep....with nothing important to do....this is your life.

You offer precisely nothing to the match thread except constant banal wibblings.

The ultimate fart in a bottle, why do you bob up like a fresh turd when anything goes wrong? Have you really nothing better to do than have your finger poised over the disgorge button on match days?

Must be approaching double figures for the number of people who have blocked you now. I can only offer my sincere apologies for those who have to chance across this response to your stupefying ridiculousness; you pusillanimous, bobble-headed womble.

I'll give you credit for derogatory adjectives, made me laugh. But isn't 'banal wibblings' a banal wibbling?

I offer nothing except.....making accurate analysis of tactics based on very few live viewings which end up being confirmed by the attendees.

Secondly, almost every position I have been vilified for on this forum....has been proven by results and and become so manifest that almost everyone who objected converted to my various positions on a whole range of tactics....and I didn't spend all my time saying "Told you so now give me a lollipop" But I think you owe me a whole sweet shop... I like the original custards creams not the fake imitation tesco ones.

As seeing as we are discussing the fortunes of a football team at the end of the day, I think you should consider that the whole thing is pretty trivial in the scheme of things and that all of our contributions in here perhaps work against us rather than for us, we could all certainly be doing something more productive and important....But I guess I am under the spell of football culture and tribalism, inbuilt from childhood.

In today's society, being censored or blocked by the majority or followers of mainstream views is not something that detracts from one's ultimate status..it is in fact the opposite, but as they say, it takes nobility to recognize the noble.

If you secretly want advice about some important matter in your life, ask me...in private, I will try to be a serious and sincere adviser, and I wont tell anyone in here.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Gutting, absolutely gutting.

Still I feel we didn't deserve to win, only got into the game and started to play after 65 minutes which is not good enough. The main difference between Wigan and Walsall is they have invested and improved their squad in January and we haven't. They brought in Morsy who I felt was excellent today, they also scored their first from nowhere with a wonder strike from McAleny and also had talent on the bench like £1m Wildschut on the bench to grab the winner. In comparisons, our bench had youngsters and Jordan Cook on it, improvements to the squad are VITAL to us dreaming of Auto's again but also staying - and then doing well, in the play offs.

Etheridge 5 - Not sure whether I am being harsh or not but I feel he could of done better with both of their goals. Sure they were great strikes, the first in particular, but that first was also right down his throat.
Demetriou 8 - Excellent forwards and backwards and causes all kinds of problems to opposition. It's just a shame that these same problems can't be replicated on the left with Rico's disappearance, we are a lot more 1 dimensional now because of that.
Downing 7 - Did well I feel, solid.
Preston 6 - Okay defensively, distribution was very poor though. He'll come back better because of this though, I rate Preston highly.
Taylor 6 - He's just kind of average. Far too slow to be a threat offensively and far too slow to deal with things defensively, yet he reads the game well. Think his days at full back are done IMO.
Chambers 6 - Not his best game, I feel myself that under SOD he has been given more of a licence to get forwards as a 2 next to Mantom, and I feel this doesn't help his game at all. He is laughable going forwards, just let him sweep up the opposition attacks using him as an anchor to allow the fullbacks to get forward more.
Mantom 8 - Decent game, wonder goal. A better performance from him.
Forde 9 - How he didn't win MOTM is baffling. He was our main attacking force and singlehandedly I reckon spearheaded many of our only chances where we caused Wigan problems.
Sawyers 6 - A big drop off in performance levels from Crewe, couldn't get into the game at all thanks to the work done by Morsy, Power and Perkins.
Lalkovic 7 - Shite first half, nothing came off for him. Picked it up big time 2nd, managed to run at and beat Daniels a couple of times.
Bradshaw 6 - Didn't really do anything either, looked very isolated.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:32 pm

Time for some reality, automatic promotion will not be achieved with this team.

Our home form since the start of year has been laughable and far from enjoyable to attend. That alone will prevent any chance of promotion.

Bradshaw.. What's the point? He's to good to play the role he's been asked to do. 5-6 touches over 90 mins zero impact.

Sawyers... Huge fan but no longer affecting games.

Rico??? All of our best results have come with him at left back. Should of sold him.

And if anyone thinks we were unlucky not to draw then footballs not your game, Wigan were far superior for longer periods with the first 45 mins being played and not a single shot on goal from our lads.

Evans.. This is the route cause of the problem he should of been replaced.

Oh and all this rubbish about keeping players in January was a great smoke screen from the club let's face it these players were already on contracts and for a guess not earning mega books.

We are currently getting what we deserve for our lack of investment once again.

Oh well onto Burton, lose there and I can seriously see us slipping out of the play off picture.

UTS

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:33 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:Gutting, absolutely gutting.

Still I feel we didn't deserve to win, only got into the game and started to play after 65 minutes which is not good enough. The main difference between Wigan and Walsall is they have invested and improved their squad in January and we haven't. They brought in Morsy who I felt was excellent today, they also scored their first from nowhere with a wonder strike from McAleny and also had talent on the bench like £1m Wildschut on the bench to grab the winner. In comparisons, our bench had youngsters and Jordan Cook on it, improvements to the squad are VITAL to us dreaming of Auto's again but also staying - and then doing well, in the play offs.

Etheridge 5 - Not sure whether I am being harsh or not but I feel he could of done better with both of their goals. Sure they were great strikes, the first in particular, but that first was also right down his throat.
Demetriou 8 - Excellent forwards and backwards and causes all kinds of problems to opposition. It's just a shame that these same problems can't be replicated on the left with Rico's disappearance, we are a lot more 1 dimensional now because of that.
Downing 7 - Did well I feel, solid.
Preston 6 - Okay defensively, distribution was very poor though. He'll come back better because of this though, I rate Preston highly.
Taylor 6 - He's just kind of average. Far too slow to be a threat offensively and far too slow to deal with things defensively, yet he reads the game well. Think his days at full back are done IMO.
Chambers 6 - Not his best game, I feel myself that under SOD he has been given more of a licence to get forwards as a 2 next to Mantom, and I feel this doesn't help his game at all. He is laughable going forwards, just let him sweep up the opposition attacks using him as an anchor to allow the fullbacks to get forward more.
Mantom 8 - Decent game, wonder goal. A better performance from him.
Forde 9 - How he didn't win MOTM is baffling. He was our main attacking force and singlehandedly I reckon spearheaded many of our only chances where we caused Wigan problems.
Sawyers 6 - A big drop off in performance levels from Crewe, couldn't get into the game at all thanks to the work done by Morsy, Power and Perkins.
Lalkovic 7 - Shite first half, nothing came off for him. Picked it up big time 2nd, managed to run at and beat Daniels a couple of times.
Bradshaw 6 - Didn't really do anything either, looked very isolated.

Was going to write a long post on this game as I too feel really annoyed but Johnny your post is pretty much all my thoughts bar being a little harsh on Etheridge I think.

A few things regardless:

Best game Forde has had for the club imo, I too thought he was MOTM by a country mile as he was the only attacking player who showed anything for the full 90 minutes, likes of Milan and Sawyers only woke up at 1-1 and began to do things.

I've been a bit bemused by why Forde has suddenly become this indispensable week in week out player while Morris has barely had a kick as there isn't a huge difference between the two but Forde more than justified his selection for Burton next week.

Matt Preston. Very much in the roper kick it block it mode. What he isn't though is a Beckenbauer type bring it out from the back and beat 5 men past the halfway line.

He'll learn that it isn't a clever thing to do as it cost a goal today.

Mentioned it on the other thread but what was the point of bringing Morris in on loan? Surely with 5 minutes left you say with a draw it's still a point clear of Wigan with a game in hand and one more game chalked off. Bring on Morris and I'd confidently say Wildschut dosen't have a free run and shot in goal when there should've been decent numbers back at that point in the game.

I'd be amazed if Wigan don't go up now...in any case I wouldn't want to play them in the play offs as they'd win comfortably over two legs or a final imo.

Big game next week at Burton...lose that and automatic promotion will be realistically over imo.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Apart from 20 mins when strangely we looked the likely winners we were shite. Should have been game over by half time.

Preston cannot pass the ball to save his life and for some reason thought he was Maradona which led too their first goal.

Forde was fantastic.

No deflection on the winner and Etheridge should never be beaten like he was.

For me automatic promotion has gone and so glad we have a decent points cushion on 7th place.

Why bring someone in on loan and not play him?
What's Henry (assuming he's not injured) and Morris done to be virtually cast aside.
SODS use of substitutions make Smith look like a tactical genius.

UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:37 pm

coop63 wrote:....there's now a lack of positivity emerging on the pitch and I'm not certain that SOD has the personality to change it????

I think SOD's personality is the reason for this lack of positivity.

cat3

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Well the cat is back again! From the score of this game, all I can conclude was we played dandy of a match! Wigan is a fast pace team, keeping up with them wasn't easy! We played a bit slow was key factor of not giving away the tempo of our game!

Anyhow, we lost, but it was a good contest! Deano gave us a good 3 years, our team then was weak but not crap; he constructed a fine team which got the lads played with compassion and the town was inspired as a whole in the community. The kids enjoyed and we are on a roll!

After a few ties and lost with Deano apart moving forward to Brentford on his challenge and brighter fortune, he didn't just went leaving the team with despair; he knew our team will easily win the league or with automatic promotion! No manager of quality will leave a good team he constructed and left departed to scrap by itself; he certainly knew our lads can easily beat everyone in our league one. So guys and gals, don't harden yourself all the time, look on the bright side for a change. A few games off and we got so negative, come on, get together and brighten with a smile for a change. SOD is doing fine, trying a few things different won't put an amazing team beaten, the fans need to gather up and maintain that believe. With hope, we shall overcome all obstacles; with believe, we shall might the title!

Believe your team, and believe in yourself!

BTW: if you are good in football, look in our league one table, who is of real challenge? No one really! The best is probably Wigan and Coventry City and the rest are not of a big threat at all; not even Albion or Gillingham!

Alas, Go Saddlers!

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Guest wrote:

I think SOD's personality is the reason for this lack of positivity.

SOD has no personality or for that matter, leadership skills.

Bonser needs to fudge him off now.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:43 pm

cat3 wrote:Well the cat is back again! From the score of this game, all I can conclude was we played dandy of a match! Wigan is a fast pace team, keeping up with them wasn't easy! We played a bit slow was key factor of not giving away the tempo of our game!

Anyhow, we lost, but it was a good contest! Deano gave us a good 3 years, our team then was weak but not crap; he constructed a fine team which got the lads played with compassion and the town was inspired as a whole in the community. The kids enjoyed and we are on a roll!

After a few ties and lost with Deano apart moving forward to Brentford on his challenge and brighter fortune, he didn't just went leaving the team with despair; he knew our team will easily win the league or with automatic promotion! No manager of quality will leave a good team he constructed and left departed to scrap by itself; he certainly knew our lads can easily beat everyone in our league one. So guys and gals, don't harden yourself all the time, look on the bright side for a change. A few games off and we got so negative, come on, get together and brighten with a smile for a change. SOD is doing fine, trying a few things different won't put an amazing team beaten, the fans need to gather up and maintain that believe. With hope, we shall overcome all obstacles; with believe, we shall might the title!

BTW: if you are good in football, look in our league one table, who is of real challenge? No one really! The best is probably Wigan and Coventry City and the rest are not of a big threat at all; not even Albion or Gillingham!

Alas, Go Saddlers!

Auto translators are rubish ay they? Still, it made me smile.

UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:46 pm

cat3 wrote:Well the cat is back again! From the score of this game, all I can conclude was we played dandy of a match! Wigan is a fast pace team, keeping up with them wasn't easy! We played a bit slow was key factor of not giving away the tempo of our game!

Alas, Go Saddlers!

Go Cat, go!

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:46 pm

I didn't think Wigan were that great tbh, certainly compared to likes of Bristol City and Wolves who have really stood out at this level last couple of years. They didn't force Etheridge into that many saves and bar two Grigg misses I never felt hugely threatened when they came forward.

What they do have is a very experienced squad at the back who know how to get through games and obviously with the parachute payments they can top up their squad through the season with players like Morsy and Colclough. They remind me a bit of Preston.

They need to go up automatically as they'd win the play offs comfortably imo. Without them it would be a more of a level playing field.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:48 pm

IHTC. wrote:Unbelievably shocking, only 1 team in it and deservedly winning.

Not sure what is worse, our overall performance or watching M Preston try to pass the ball.

It's always going to be a problem when you have a right footed defender playing in a left footers position. O'Conner did it against Millwall: head out towards the left wing and try and pass with his right foot. That led to a goal for the opposition too.

Hint: try practising with both feet in training and stop trying to control the ball with the outside of your foot because it looks cool.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:50 pm

gerryhatrick wrote:S O'D fell out with Rico ? No mention of injury.

Failed a fitness test apparently. Whatever that means.

UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Leatherman wrote:

Alas, Go Saddlers!

Allow me to summarise.

Cat3 still thinks we will finish top, and was trying to inject a more positive feng shui.

cat3

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:01 pm

No need an auto translator at all, I am fine telling you exactly my opinion. We got a mighty team and believe we shall overcome all obstacles. There's no challenge really from league one, you saw how our lads play, the quality is outstanding. We should all smile while we position 4th and still got a game up from our schedule. By April, we shall finish no less than second place!

Don't stay a downer and look always on the bright side!

Go go Saddler!

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:09 pm

For anyone who was not there I would like to point out that it was not the disaster people are saying.

For all the money and players Wigan have they were not as impressive as you may believe. Their first goal was a good strike from distance and unstoppable and the winner was probably preventable and could maybe have been saved. In addition Sawyers got no protection from the referee for the constant unpunished fouls he suffered.

Apart from that if we played the match all over again I do believe it would not be a certain win for Wigan, especially if we had the two key players back who were missing today. Look at the money Wigan have and the size of the squad they should be walking this division and they are scraping wins, which they did today. There is nothing else they can do to improve things but who knows what we can do, we must still have money available if needed.

It's not over until it's over. Keep the faith.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Leatherman wrote:
Hint: try practising with both feet in training and stop trying to control the ball with the outside of your foot because it looks cool.

It is a fundamental failing of coaching and footballing philosophy....players get trapped and are only 50% effective in a sense....it isn't difficult to use both if you practice and train enough.

Don Howe's coaching book had it all wrong......"this will be your balance foot.....and stick to your natural one for kicking" or something like that, totally the wrong approach

UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:16 pm

I would like to point out that Cat3 is the only Hong Kong Chinese Saddlers supporter on the planet.

(Unless there is another one in the UK, maybe.)
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Optimistic wrote:For anyone who was not there I would like to point out that it was not the disaster people are saying.

For all the money and players Wigan have they were not as impressive as you may believe. Their first goal was a good strike from distance and unstoppable and the winner was probably preventable and could maybe have been saved. In addition Sawyers got no protection from the referee for the constant unpunished fouls he suffered.

Apart from that if we played the match all over again I do believe it would not be a certain win for Wigan, especially if we had the two key players back who were missing today. Look at the money Wigan have and the size of the squad they should be walking this division and they are scraping wins, which they did today. There is nothing else they can do to improve things but who knows what we can do, we must still have money available if needed.

It's not over until it's over. Keep the faith.

Maybe, but it really does look like we have had our run for this season....although there is plenty of time to still win it with the right attitude, drive and tactics.... but that seems to be an unobtainable recipe

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Just for you Sallian Walsall did radical stuff like shooting regularly from 25 yards today.

Still lost the game though.

The Bosted Slab
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Not that we would have deserved it over the whole 90 minutes, but I thought that we looked more likely to win it after we equalised.
We had a good spell putting them very much on the back foot and their keeper made a couple of good saves.
First half we were pretty poor and just didn't compete, failing to match Wigan's strength on the ball.
Physically we were found wanting.
Second half was a big improvement and I would give Lalkovic credit for sticking to the task and growing into the game after being fairly inept first half.
Forde was our most consistent performer throughout and both he and Lalkovic were causing Wigan all sorts of trouble in our good spell.
Whatever had gone before, their winner was a sickener, especially as at the time I was surprised that the shot wasn't saved, but it just summed up another collective defensive lapse to go with that in the first half that was punished and a few others that weren't.
Our general play was again a bit too plodding, making it easy to defend against.
I think that we need to try something a bit different and I appreciate that it might be considered unfair of me to single out Sawyers, but I would leave him out of our team at home (at the moment), as when he goes through spells such as this he doesn't deliver the end product that we clearly need.
I've been saying for most of the season that our home results are going to determine our season and sadly that is currently the case, making it imperative to at least try something else before it becomes too late.

cat3

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Who cares what race we are, we are supporting the same team that meant dearly to us. It's your way of life or tradition or your dad or family brought you there to see the first game to be a supporter. Whatever the reason, we are here to spill out the rights and wrongs and expectations of the team we care for.

Just stay optimistic and don't be a downer, only losers are downers. Capping on someone to make himself shine in light, it's really a shame to see that happening still. It's 2016, don't stay rotten, but think positive while we are all still alive and well. If fallen, hey man, the world ain't over until it's over, so don't stay pathetic and find a way to live up your dream. Like I said over and over again, we are not always going to stay in league one, someday when an opportunity arise, we will move up to play with the big boys in Premiership. If Bournmouth can do it, we certainly can dream on the possibility!

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Sometimes you have to admit you were beaten by a better team and we were today. I am not saying Wigan were that good...they weren't but we were not at our best for most of the game.One or two random thoughts:

Sawyers was man marked today and was ineffective...he was not helped by the referee who obviously thinks wrestling is part of the game.
The booking of Lalkovic affected him for the next 30 minutes...during that time his contribution was nil
If I was the Manager I would try something radically different next week...it is clear the better sides have found a way to stop us playing,eg perhaps go 2 up front and rest Sawyers
Finally today proved beyond doubt we need reinforcements both up front and centre back. Preston will be a very good player but we missed O'Connor today.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Leatherman wrote:

Alas, Go Saddlers!

Allow me to summarise.

Cat3 still thinks we will finish top, and was trying to inject a more positive feng shui.

I like his style.
Unlike me, who is sat sitting here half way down my third bottle of booze looking at one of those Chinese New Year good luck cats with the waving arm - gift from my family who think they have a sense of humour.

I am not over confident that this will work. Should I send it to SOD?

P.S. It's not a proper one as it came from B&M.

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:19 pm

cat3 wrote:Who cares what race we are, we are supporting the same team that meant dearly to us. It's your way of life or tradition or your dad or family brought you there to see the first game to be a supporter. Whatever the reason, we are here to spill out the rights and wrongs and expectations of the team we care for.

Just stay optimistic and don't be a downer, only losers are downers. Capping on someone to make himself shine in light, it's really a shame to see that happening still. It's 2016, don't stay rotten, but think positive while we are all still alive and well. If fallen, hey man, the world ain't over until it's over, so don't stay pathetic and find a way to live up your dream. Like I said over and over again, we are not always going to stay in league one, someday when an opportunity arise, we will move up to play with the big boys in Premiership. If Bournmouth can do it, we certainly can dream on the possibility!

Glad to see you back, Think it must be a few years since you last posted?

Perhaps Per Sterner will pop again at some point.

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season