Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Blackpool (H) League One 23rd Jan, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
Bee_Leevers
UTS Veteran

Re: Blackpool (H) League One 23rd Jan, 3pm

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:56 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Bee_Leevers wrote:Obviously a blow to concede a very fortunate stoppage time goal. Thought we were slow to get going, but had enough chances to see the game out.

As for the negativity around the ground?? What on earth!? To the woman and the bloke in the high vis jacket say in the middle tier.. Are you on crack? Constantly throwing arms around and complaining about Sawyers? Yes he had a bad spell in the game where he showed a few tired passes, but I seriously want to know what they have been smoking!?

I feel sorry for people like that how dumb we are, if you're reading please don't come back! I wouldn't be surprised if you were both still stumbling around trying to remember where you lived though.. Let alone use a computer.

We have still gained a point on Burton thanks to he sloppies and Cov got a spanking so not a bad day at the office on the whole!

I feel sorry for people like you,who think yours is the definitive version of any match and anyone else isn't allowed to voice an opinion.As for calling people "dumb" who disagree with your opinion....well what's it like up there on your sanctimonious cloud?

Thank you for your sympathy, very much appreciated, but entirely unwarranted. I mean we are 3rd in the league and with a bit more fortune yesterday could have gone top... With all due respect to you, I do value people's opinions and try to give balanced views myself, however having negativity such as boos, groans, and a fair few people moaning about Sawyers (who did again show great class yesterday at times and was still one of the best players on the pitch IMO)..

Yes, I may be wrong and some of you may be right that in saying that we played god awful, and we should be storming this league, BUT there is absolutely no reason to be negative at the minute, and if you feel any kind of negative atmosphere is warranted then I'd be extremely interested to hear your response. Just make sure you write in capitals so that I can hear you from the clouds :wink:

By the way, it is fantastic being a saddler at the moment and I genuinely believe this group of players can carry on the fantastic efforts. They will certainly be getting my support throughout!

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:43 pm

sid swifty wrote:
Bee_Leevers wrote:I feel sorry for people like that how dumb we are, if you're reading please don't come back! I wouldn't be surprised if you were both still stumbling around trying to remember where you lived though.. Let alone use a computer.

I feel sorry for people like you,who think yours is the definitive version of any match and anyone else isn't allowed to voice an opinion.As for calling people "dumb" who disagree with your opinion....well what's it like up there on your sanctimonious cloud?

Just to keep the trend going, I feel sorry for people like you, whose stubbornness means they're now missing out on some of the best football we've played for years and a genuine promotion challenge to boot.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:14 am

Leatherman wrote:
aaaae wrote:
deldras wrote:
Just watched the highlights and the defending for their goal was probably a touch below under 8 level. Why the **** was their goal scorer left completely unmarked?

Why?......in part because the wall was not set up in the right place.

The wall has nothing to do with marking attacking players. You set up the wall and independently you mark every single opposition player.

Their attitude on that free kick seemed to be "he is standing near the wall so we don't need to mark him". Schoolboy football. In fact that's an insult to schoolboys.

Ahem! If you have 5/6 players in the wall that's 5/6 of their players you can't mark.

Schoolboy maths :oops: :wink:

:) Then you make a 4 man wall, you just can't leave a player unmarked 10 yards out from your goal or what happened yesterday will happen. Simples.

There was an element of luck in the rebound, but it is the same as not putting a players on the post for corners, you are asking for trouble.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:21 am

chunkster wrote:did anyone see the group of blackpool fans at the back of the saddlers club after the game? they were surrounded by police officers. just wondered if they had been arrested and waiting to be carted off to the police station? or would they have been put back on the coach?. how can you get arrested inside a football stadium. it must have been something silly or drink related :roll:
I saw them. About 8-10 teenagers. There were a few Blackpool fans thrown out in the first half and it seems there is some directive for stewards of other clubs to not tolerate any "Oyston Out" banners when Blackpool are visiting.

This link may shed a bit of light on it too.

http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/ ... id=2364498

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:28 am

Reading some of the comments on here you would think Blackpool out foxed us at a free kick! It was a poor free kick,a lucky bounce and I doubt any team in the league could have dealt with that. If we had scored that goal I would have said we were lucky so lets not berate our defenders too much for that...the problem occurred much earlier which forced us to concede the free kick in the first place.

portlandbill
UTS Veteran

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:46 am

Walsallone wrote:Reading some of the comments on here you would think Blackpool out foxed us at a free kick! It was a poor free kick,a lucky bounce and I doubt any team in the league could have dealt with that. If we had scored that goal I would have said we were lucky so lets not berate our defenders too much for that...the problem occurred much earlier which forced us to concede the free kick in the first place.

The problem was the previous ninety minutes. As in a few previous games we didn't push on and put the game to bed. We should have murdered Swindon, Crewe,Sheffield United but didn't. That is football. No blame on individuals. We could have lost at Colchester and drawn at Bury. But we didn't.
What ever happens it has been a great all round season so far.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Walsallone wrote:Reading some of the comments on here you would think Blackpool out foxed us at a free kick! It was a poor free kick,a lucky bounce and I doubt any team in the league could have dealt with that. If we had scored that goal I would have said we were lucky so lets not berate our defenders too much for that...the problem occurred much earlier which forced us to concede the free kick in the first place.

I can see where you are coming from, but I am absolutely sure that no-one will be berating our defenders more than they will themselves. I am pretty sure that O'Connor and the others will be going over what happened this morning, trying to work out how to make sure it doesn't happen again.

It's just part of the post match fun to debate tactics. It just comes down to judgement calls. Some managers don't leave two defenders on the post when defending corners, some managers and Ray Graydon was one, won't leave a striker up when defending corners. There are lots of little things we can discuss.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:09 am

Bee_Leevers wrote:
sid swifty wrote:
Bee_Leevers wrote:Obviously a blow to concede a very fortunate stoppage time goal. Thought we were slow to get going, but had enough chances to see the game out.

As for the negativity around the ground?? What on earth!? To the woman and the bloke in the high vis jacket say in the middle tier.. Are you on crack? Constantly throwing arms around and complaining about Sawyers? Yes he had a bad spell in the game where he showed a few tired passes, but I seriously want to know what they have been smoking!?

I feel sorry for people like that how dumb we are, if you're reading please don't come back! I wouldn't be surprised if you were both still stumbling around trying to remember where you lived though.. Let alone use a computer.

We have still gained a point on Burton thanks to he sloppies and Cov got a spanking so not a bad day at the office on the whole!

Thank you for your sympathy, very much appreciated, but entirely unwarranted. I mean we are 3rd in the league and with a bit more fortune yesterday could have gone top... With all due respect to you, I do value people's opinions and try to give balanced views myself, however having negativity such as boos, groans, and a fair few people moaning about Sawyers (who did again show great class yesterday at times and was still one of the best players on the pitch IMO)..

Yes, I may be wrong and some of you may be right that in saying that we played god awful, and we should be storming this league, BUT there is absolutely no reason to be negative at the minute, and if you feel any kind of negative atmosphere is warranted then I'd be extremely interested to hear your response. Just make sure you write in capitals so that I can hear you from the clouds :wink:

By the way, it is fantastic being a saddler at the moment and I genuinely believe this group of players can carry on the fantastic efforts. They will certainly be getting my support throughout!

And you don't think it would be a boring world if everyone said "well done lads,you played rubbish but don't get disheartened"? Their views may be well off the mark,but that's what they genuinely believe as they are typing,maybe not when they've had time to think about it,but that's what these fan sites are for,to promote debate (heated at times).

sid swifty
Glitterati

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:25 am

WFC_Rob wrote:
sid swifty wrote:
Bee_Leevers wrote:I feel sorry for people like that how dumb we are, if you're reading please don't come back! I wouldn't be surprised if you were both still stumbling around trying to remember where you lived though.. Let alone use a computer.

Just to keep the trend going, I feel sorry for people like you, whose stubbornness means they're now missing out on some of the best football we've played for years and a genuine promotion challenge to boot.

"STUBBORNNESS"? Oh,so that's what's keeping me away is it? I've been to 2 games in the past 12 months,the Wembley debacle, (the less said about that the better) and Rochdale at home,which made the Wembley debacle look like an all out,action packed,end to end classic.Thats why i don't go any more,not stubbornness.

Bee_Leevers
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:04 am

sid swifty wrote:
Bee_Leevers wrote:
sid swifty wrote:

And you don't think it would be a boring world if everyone said "well done lads,you played rubbish but don't get disheartened"? Their views may be well off the mark,but that's what they genuinely believe as they are typing,maybe not when they've had time to think about it,but that's what these fan sites are for,to promote debate (heated at times).

Some people are just clueless though, and clearly don't look at the bigger picture. We wasn't rubbish, we have just been spoilt with better performances this season and there is now a sense of expectancy. I don't think it's hard to ask of people to be realistic and looking at the bigger picture.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season