Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brentford (A) F.A. Cup 3rd round, 9th Jan 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Brentford (A) F.A. Cup 3rd round, 9th Jan 3pm

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Great result. My twig and berries swaying in the breeze.

coop63
Glitterati

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 pm

chunkster wrote:i can't believe i didn't have the faith to predict this one :oops: . after seeing us beat lecicester.man utd.arsenal just to name a few over the years. and play so well against chelsea. i just thought that losing smith we would fold :cry: . but they have proved me wrong. i know we had a blip last week. but the lads have bounced back in style and long may it continue. we will beat coventry on tuesday and we will be in the top 2 come the end of the season. and i know i have gone over my 14 units tonight :lol: but i have faith in the boys :wink:

Never mind the 14 units Chunkster - just keep the faith!

I agree - these lads certainly like making a habit of proving people wrong (and confounding any critics that might be out there..)

More of the same on Tuesday please :wink:

UTS

SWS1

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:57 pm

m&m wrote:Leaving all the Deano stuff aside that today was truly a fantastic day out. A proper football ground unlike many new builds with a great atmosphere.
It must be my age but that is how football should be. Terraces and good pubs on every corner.
A superb performance with every player giving it their all in horrible conditions.
Arsenal/ spurs/city/ United/ Everton away please.

Brill! Brill! Brill! What a fantastic bounce-back from last week's blip. :D :D :D (I reckon tiredness had something to do with it)
Selfish me says: Swansea away. T'other me says Man U away, a draw, then the underperformers (lucky today V Blunts) back at The Bezla :D :D :D

newjersey exile

Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 pm

Would some kind soul post the highlights if possible for us exiles

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Leatherman wrote:
sallian wrote:Wolves fan on WM saying he wants Bradshaw

So you can run to Griffin Park and pick up WM then.

Interesting.

Live commentary was on BBC WM that you can access online, but i didn't know until last half hour...I could run to griffin park but would be a marathon almost

UTS Legend

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 am

UTS Legend

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:15 am

newjersey exile wrote:Would some kind soul post the highlights if possible for us exiles

MOTD

http://hls.dvr.gv.filmon.com/schdld/14/01/8/2016.01.09/2968528.mp4

UTS Legend

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:07 am

The Walsall extract

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmxRFCUcLS4

(How long before it is blocked?)

***Yes, blocked in 248 countries - by the Football League, apparently. Strangely, it is not blocked in the UK like my Vale videos.

MOTD link not blocked yet.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:15 am

Leatherman wrote:

Interesting.

Technology must be beyond you.

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:43 am

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:07 am

Carlsberg don't do away days...

Yesterday was great from start to finish. Other than 20 minutes in the second half, we were the better side and their fans after the game were saying they've played against much worse in the Championship this season. Everyone stood up to be counted and did the job expected of them. We've come to expect that from the likes of O'Connor and Chambers, but the most pleasing thing for me was the way the likes of Kinsella and Mantom came in and kept us looking just as strong. Mantom yesterday was back to the player of the season Mantom of old.

I'm conscious not to claim SO'D is a better manager than Dean Smith just for the sake of proving we've moved on, but his substitutions and what people now call "in-game management" are a lot better. The decision to take both of our left-sided players off at the same time was a bold one, but they never broke us down down our let again after that.

Off the pitch, I'm struggling to remember a more vocal following in an away end. Standing, smoking, and maybe even a little bit of scrapping all at the same time - it was like going back in time by about 30 years. Those campaigning for a return to terracing at football grounds probably shouldn't have a look at the footage from Dale Moon's fan-cam when Mantom scored - it was carnage. :lol:

Glad to have got the Dean Smith pantomime out of the way nice and early. Let's go out in a blaze of glory at Goodison, White Hart Lane, Old Trafford, or Anfield in the next round.

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:00 pm

What a brilliant away day, best for a fair few years.

Brentford is a total dump and I loved it being on a terrace, when we scored my heart thumped and chest compressed with the noise and release of emotion, friend of mine who was stood next to me got clobbered by a hand bag which came from right at the very back when the women came to locate it! Absolutely brilliant.

He deserved the stick and can't see brentford sticking him for very long, they are not very complimentary of him.

Bring on cov and a welcome 3 points but would settle for a point

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:19 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Carlsberg don't do away days...

Off the pitch, I'm struggling to remember a more vocal following in an away end. Standing, smoking, and maybe even a little bit of scrapping all at the same time - it was like going back in time by about 30 years. Those campaigning for a return to terracing at football grounds probably shouldn't have a look at the footage from [b]Dale Moon's fan-cam when Mantom scored - it was carnage[/b]. :lol:

Glad to have got the Dean Smith pantomime out of the way nice and early. Let's go out in a blaze of glory at Goodison, White Hart Lane, Old Trafford, or Anfield in the next round.

Have you got a link to this?

coop63
Glitterati

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:31 pm

hullsaddler wrote:

Off the pitch, I'm struggling to remember a more vocal following in an away end. Standing, smoking, and maybe even a little bit of scrapping all at the same time - it was like going back in time by about 30 years. Those campaigning for a return to terracing at football grounds probably shouldn't have a look at the footage from [b]Dale Moon's fan-cam when Mantom scored - it was carnage[/b]. :lol:

I hope we can get that link up on here - cmon boys n girls - someone can get it sorted.. :mrgreen:

coop63
Glitterati

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:35 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:Listen to a broken man.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4041934-list ... rdfc-facup

Some interesting comments in there but the one that I think is most relevant is 'they have some really good players there' !! I reckon there'll be plenty of transfer rumours next week surrounding a few of our lads... :roll:

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:56 pm

hullsaddler wrote:

The club usually put it on the YouTube channel, so I expect it'll be available to watch tomorrow.

UTS Legend

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
hullsaddler wrote:

The club usually put it on the YouTube channel, so I expect it'll be available to watch tomorrow.

Some other videos

http://youtu.be/E2eYDtmmEiI

http://youtu.be/metoqI_KQLQ

http://youtu.be/lMrO3-PajWo

WARNING: language, pylon

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Leatherman wrote:

Interesting.

Technology must be beyond you.

Whenever I've tried listening to WM football commentaries over the Internet I've always got the recorded message about not being able to transmit due to some copyright/bullshit issue.

So unless that's changed you're quite right.

I am however, very hands on.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:56 pm

sallian wrote:So I can't get an away end ticket on the day now?

YAWN!

Noggin
UTS Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Bloody hell fire... I can't remember the last time I had so much fun at an away match (or home one for that matter).

Immense, truly immense performance on and off the pitch. Everyone simply stood up and got counted.

The team actually played like a team, it was almost like the 80s all over again... EEK! I know I have a slight bias towards WFC but there really is the beginning of something very special going here if yesterday is anything to go by. As for the fans, we filled all three pubs, all good natured stuff it was too. Didn't stop singing before during or after the game.

Proper terraces too. I was standing on the edge of the walkway behind the goal about four blokes from the back row and once I'd come to my senses after the goal I was about four blokes from the front row... hahaha... Brilliant stuff... Someone somewhere bring the terraces back.

Walsall fans were still singing on the tube (Victoria Station) somewhere close to 7pm last night too. You'd have thought we'd actually won the Cup and not just Round 3. Love it... F***ING LOVE IT!!!

49 years old, getting far to close and far to fast to 50... but feeling 20 all over again... and knowing that because of work I can't get to Round 4... but I'm not really bothered... I shall live of yesterday until the next time... See you all in Round 5.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Leatherman wrote:
Whenever I've tried listening to WM football commentaries over the Internet I've always got the recorded message about not being able to transmit due to some copyright/bullshit issue.

I think the copyright/bullshit issue depends on wether it's a league or cup match.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Noticed how SOD adjusted the diamond yesterday from Rochdale. It was an asymmetric formation with a left winger but no right winger and a diamond of midfielder in the middle. It really worked yesterday as Milan was more effective out wide left and Tom was more effective up top on his own.

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:13 pm

You can get WM on the free view channel 722 with full match commentaries

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:58 pm

clawtheolder wrote:You can get WM on the free view channel 722 with full match commentaries

Great if your a Dingle scrote.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:36 am

clawtheolder wrote:You can get WM on the free view channel 722 with full match commentaries

Even in Houndslow?

CooperTheSaddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Saturday will live long in the memory. One of the very best away days I've had following Walsall.

The GoPro link for those of you that requested it :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA8uabO0-C8

WalsallGeneral

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Simply the best football experience I have ever had. Never seen so many football fans smiling and singing. Had a proper laugh before, during, after and still doing so now !!

This is what the home fans had to listen to for 90 mins none stop!!! Good work everybody....

https://twitter.com/Daniel__Mole/status ... 2244329472
(It's a Short twitter video - hopefully it will work!)

WalsallGeneral

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:48 pm

CooperTheSaddler wrote:Saturday will live long in the memory. One of the very best away days I've had following Walsall.

Brilliant! Dean'o what the score!

There's two mothers in the video, both went from joy to horror in seconds :-)

Leatherman
Site Addict

Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 am

WalsallGeneral wrote:
CooperTheSaddler wrote:Saturday will live long in the memory. One of the very best away days I've had following Walsall.

Brilliant! Dean'o what the score!

There's two mothers in the video, both went from joy to horror in seconds :-)

Can you imagine the prick in the brown hoody behaving like that in the middle/upper tier?

What a Scunthorpe.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 am

Who is he? Someone must have a clue?

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season