Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chesterfield (A) Emirates F.A. Cup 2nd round, 5th Dec, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
otherbournemouthsaddler
UTS Regular

Re: Chesterfield (A) Emirates F.A. Cup 2nd round, 5th Dec, 3

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Despite folk thinking that I'm a miserable old git, for daring to suggest that Saturday's performance was not 'up to scratch' there has not been a rush to the keyboard to suggest otherwise. :?

At the time i thought we would do enough to see it out. We had a couple of good chances at the start of the second (cleared off line - cook missed with a header - Lalkovic chance) - one goes in their head would drop but they grew in confidence after that.

Watching it back - The wind really didn't help but the first touch from a couple of our players was pretty atrocious at times....

otherbournemouthsaddler
UTS Regular

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:15 pm

saddlerJP wrote:Rico can't defend but is magical going forward (that run!!!)(play him in front of Taylor?)) and great to see Mantom back

This run?

https://youtu.be/Jn9f1UhRVvA

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Gripper wrote:
chunkster wrote:i wonder what ebanks blake is on wages wise and contract? he has played well against us in the 2 games. i wonder what it would take to prize him away :wink:

He's absolute dynamite at this level, he'd be paid alot more than any of our players!

SoccerHQ wrote:I'm desperate for Coventry away to stay 3pm so quite happy for a replay. :lol: The draw on Monday will confirm whether it's worth winning the replay, if it's Man. United, Arsenal or Liverpool away fair enough.

I'm wondering how happy I'd be at Arsenal away, tickets would be about £60.

I've been to the Emirates a few times and as an away fan (or even in the home end) I've paid 32.50 a few times so not a huge amount more than a fair few league one away games.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season