Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury Town (A) League One, Tue 1st Dec, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Re: Shrewsbury Town (A) League One, Tue 1st Dec, 7.45pm

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:43 pm

A tremendously satisfying performance and result for obvious reasons. Completely dominant in the second half, could and probably should have scored twice as many as we did. We were running completely rampant at times.

coop63
Glitterati

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Just got back from the Sloppies and wot a night, wot a result, wot a performance and wot great support :mrgreen:

First the only minor negative (other than Tom being mullered) was the dreadful defending for their goal - not one mistake by one player but probably four of em... That said, the rest of the performance was just what we needed after recent events... Really good team effort and every player did well IMHO...

Really pleased that Cook scored to give him a massive dose of confidence and Downing is the only player on the pitch tonight not to have scored this season so great stuff all round..

Great to see the team huddle at the end in front of those 1500 saddlers - brilliant stuff and tha fact it included the new management team was just superb..

Proud proud Saddler tonight :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

UTS

ChopperWFC
UTS Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:25 pm

One of those nights you are so glad to have been there. Got in the car and put the I phone on shuffle. First song on....All Together Now by The Farm !!! So very apt . Loved the players coming over at the end.
Special special night !!!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Proud as fudge to be a black country mon tonight

Just watched our own Judas Priest at the Brixton Academy - immense. Kept in touch with the goings on ad Shrewsbury with our boys - fudge brilliant.

Playoffs? fudge that

PT
Site Addict

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Just back. That was just what we needed. Loads of bottle to come back like we did.

The challenge on Tom was a disgrace. To not get a yellow for that was an absolute joke.

Great togetherness on full-time.

Super night. Super Saddlers.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:42 pm

We are immense, no doubt the sending off might have tipped the scales but the way we murdered them after that was erotic.

fudge Dean smith, not one song about him tonight. It was just Walsall FC. Proper shin bruisers when the goals went in.

Milan Lalkovics celebration summed it up.

Massive respect for Cook tonight, fluffed a chance but he never gives up I'll give him that. He had a good second half too.

SAwyers unplayable again, Rico went on some runs that were incredible, and Lalkovic put in a big performance.

Just enjoying every game right now, it's tremendous. What a group, a change of manager won't tear this lot apart.

We amazingly scored of a corner for the first time in 34 years!!!!!

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:53 pm

What a great performance and night to be a Walsall fan.

Special mention to Cook he showed some balls tonight and hopefully his season has finally started! UTS

saddlersjse
UTS Regular

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:59 pm

Huge three points. We just never give up do we? :lol: That's the fundamental difference between this season and the last - we push forward and going a goal behind is never a "we'll get a point, tops" situation. We always look like we're going to win games. The football again was sublime at times and we really should have won by more.

Glad to have been there tonight. Packed end of Saddlers in full voice and it's always a joy to do one over on the Sloppies. The perfect response to the last few days, and that huddle after the final whistle in front of our supporters says an awful lot about the character we have in this squad. And Milan's celebration too.

Whitney-Wardys Barmy Army! :D

UTS

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:14 am

WHO NEEDS MOURINHOOO, WE'VE GOT OUR PHYSIOOO

What a fudge win, so fudge proud. These lads fudge love each other and will keep fighting and battling for each other to succeed.

Adam Chambers was a fudge machine today, he fudge Shrewsbury right up every attack. Morris was very solid and professional, Milan was dangerous every time he got the ball (and what about his goal and his celebration!!).

So fudge happy, we can do this.

JOHN WHITNEY'S BARMY ARMY

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:50 am

Absolutely chuffed with that today, the lads showed great character and togetherness. There was a brief moment when after the first goal we let our heads drop and somehow Collins inexplicably missed the half volley to put them 2-0 up, that was the key moment in the game as not long after we got a timely and excellent equaliser.

That hug at the end of the game spoke volumes, after that I am inclined to plead with the club to let this trio continue as a management team and see how the next month or so goes, if its not broke don't fix it.

UTS.

P.S just over 2,800 to see Burton go top of the league, I thought our attendance on Sat was piss poor but that takes the biscuit.

Mrdollabill
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:00 am

Cookie for England best chant of the night :lol: fair play to him for the goal and great match to watch. UTS

UTS Legend

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:13 am

sallian
Glitterati

Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:51 am

I have only just seen Smith has left Walsall.....I can't believe that...

How can two ex-Walsall guys walk out after having a chance to have a big success on their C.V.? Even if they were offered double money....how does it make sense to walk out during your most successful season in your 'long term project...we are building at this club...blah blah'

I would imagine Dean Smith advised players not to think money over playing development and success and keeping a good team together to achieve as a group and individually and then ....for him to bail out like that himself, it seems extremely dumb and immature.....

Like a nerd who got convinced to kiss a girl with a deadly mouth disease or something because she was wearing really bright red lipstick...

But I guess big money and dreams of Premiership, then Chelsea....England..... or is all of this going to come crashing down with a humiliating, career-ending bump?

Shocked at Dean's disloyalty.....in a championship chasing season!

How can he be replaced with someone with similar ties to Walsall?

Oh sugar...I just forgot those ties didn't mean jack all!

Good win tonight after being jilted by own family...

I wonder what he said to the players on leaving..."Remember what I said lads.....is all bull**** just follow the money"

I guess Bradshaw, Morris, Lalkovic and Sawyers are off to Brentford now too....maybe Baxendale will finally get a chance, maybe we can get Grimes back too

Codsall Saddler
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:28 am

What a great night to be a Saddler. The first match AD proved to be quite the game.

First - the negative points - their goal was a poor one for us. Lost the ball and then the runner. Then, if they had scored the sitter for the second, it would have been a tough evening.

Second - the usual referee rant. They target our top scorer, kick him out of the game and no card. Adam Chambers on the end of a foul worse than the one he was sent off for there last season - no card. First card to them for throwing the ball away. Tackle on Downing only a yellow, should have been straight red. The officials were utterly clueless

Right that's that done. We were absolutely brilliant. The attitude, application and desire were there for all to see. The players seemed ultra determined to win this one and put the last few days behind them (and us). They were literally a different class at times and everyone played well, with Sawyers imperious. First and third were great goals and the second a good corner. Pleased for Cook and we may need him to score a few more if Bradshaw is out for a few.

A special mention for Adam Chambers, who epitomised the spirit and led by a massive example. Broke play up, drove forward, covered, encouraged others. He realised what this meant and put in a real captain's performance.

Onwards with JW2's red and white army

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:29 am

Any news on Bradshaw?

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:17 am

A great result, not only 3 points but beating 10 men which can/has been a bogey in the past as has beating a team towards the bottom of the league. Smith who!

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:29 am

Bradshaw has a cut on his ankle according to JW last night and subject to further examination today he felt he would be ok.
Well done the team and supporters. You came over loud and clear last night throughout the 90minutes..surely this what makes supporting Walsall so great at the minute...everyone together pulling in the same direction.

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:19 am

Overheard a few Slopsters after the game waxing lyrical about our passing game, and how we were the best outfit they'd seen this season.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 am

The Red Prince wrote:Overheard a few Slopsters after the game waxing lyrical about our passing game, and how we were the best outfit they'd seen this season.

They said it was us and Cov that have impressed this season.

Top 2?

Paulus68
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:13 am

saddlersjse wrote:Huge three points. We just never give up do we? :lol: That's the fundamental difference between this season and the last - we push forward and going a goal behind is never a "we'll get a point, tops" situation. We always look like we're going to win games. The football again was sublime at times and we really should have won by more.

Glad to have been there tonight. Packed end of Saddlers in full voice and it's always a joy to do one over on the Sloppies. The perfect response to the last few days, and that huddle after the final whistle in front of our supporters says an awful lot about the character we have in this squad. And Milan's celebration too.

Whitney-Wardys Barmy Army! :D

UTS

I know it doesnt roll off the tongue so well but we should throw Cutler in there too. He did his bit last night!

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am

To the guy who punched the back of my head last night after our first goal (I know he looks at this site but not sure if he's a poster on here), what the hell are your fist's made of? Concrete? Maybe it was funk getting a sly one in :lol:

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:14 pm

IHTC. wrote:To the guy who punched the back of my head last night after our first goal (I know he looks at this site but not sure if he's a poster on here), what the hell are your fist's made of? Concrete? Maybe it was funk getting a sly one in :lol:

Speaking of which, what was the deal with the handbags in the concourse at HT??

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:32 pm

The Red Prince wrote:
IHTC. wrote:To the guy who punched the back of my head last night after our first goal (I know he looks at this site but not sure if he's a poster on here), what the hell are your fist's made of? Concrete? Maybe it was funk getting a sly one in :lol:

Speaking of which, what was the deal with the handbags in the concourse at HT??

No idea I try and stay away from the combination of knuckle draggers and beer

Bee_Leevers
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Feel like i've been dragged through a hedge backwards!

What a feeling, what a night!

Rode our luck at times and should've been two down, but we kept our heads up and dominated the second half. Tempted to say let Whitney carry on until the end of the season unless we can capture someone special.

The Bosted Slab
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Our support and noise levels virtually throughout last night were superb.

Congratulations to us all.

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm a lover not a fighter! :lol:

I actually spotted that we agreed on something earlier in this thread as well :shock:

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:00 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:

I'm a lover not a fighter! :lol:

I actually spotted that we agreed on something earlier in this thread as well :shock:

:lol:

oh please do tell? :D

Hairy Saddlebags
UTS Regular

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Apparently Jordan Cook was crying after he scored last night - anyone see this?

CooperTheSaddler
UTS Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Hairy Saddlebags wrote:Apparently Jordan Cook was crying after he scored last night - anyone see this?

Hard to tell from up at the top of the stand (going crazy, throwing limbs about and embracing with fellow Saddlers you have never even seen before, with or without their consent), but he did put on Twitter it was "the first time he had filled up" after scoring a goal".

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:42 pm

CooperTheSaddler wrote:
Hairy Saddlebags wrote:Apparently Jordan Cook was crying after he scored last night - anyone see this?

Hard to tell from up at the top of the stand (going crazy, throwing limbs about and embracing with fellow Saddlers you have never even seen before, with or without their consent), but he did put on Twitter it was "the first time he had filled up" after scoring a goal".

First time he'd scored a goal is why :lol: :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season