Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury Town (A) League One, Tue 1st Dec, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
The Bosted Slab
UTS Veteran

Re: Shrewsbury Town (A) League One, Tue 1st Dec, 7.45pm

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Hairy Saddlebags wrote:Apparently Jordan Cook was crying after he scored last night - anyone see this?

I was when he missed an earlier chance.

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:07 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:Fantastic, satisfying result after a difficult week.

So proud tonight; proud of the team, proud of the fans. Shouted my self hoarse for the first time in a while.....

If results like this continue please keep these guys in charge...continuity, consistency...its all there.

Always great to beat the Sloppies - I always say this after games against them but, just when you think their support can't get any quieter or less passionate, they beat their own record! Not even a bleet for 90 minutes! Terrible.

IHTC. wrote:Absolutely chuffed with that today, the lads showed great character and togetherness. There was a brief moment when after the first goal we let our heads drop and somehow Collins inexplicably missed the half volley to put them 2-0 up, that was the key moment in the game as not long after we got a timely and excellent equaliser.

That hug at the end of the game spoke volumes, after that I am inclined to plead with the club to let this trio continue as a management team and see how the next month or so goes, if its not broke don't fix it.

UTS.

P.S just over 2,800 to see Burton go top of the league, I thought our attendance on Sat was piss poor but that takes the biscuit.

:shock: :shock:

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:26 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:

So proud tonight; proud of the team, proud of the fans. Shouted my self hoarse for the first time in a while.....

If results like this continue please keep these guys in charge...continuity, consistency...its all there.

Always great to beat the Sloppies - I always say this after games against them but, just when you think their support can't get any quieter or less passionate, they beat their own record! Not even a bleet for 90 minutes! Terrible.

IHTC. wrote:Absolutely chuffed with that today, the lads showed great character and togetherness. There was a brief moment when after the first goal we let our heads drop and somehow Collins inexplicably missed the half volley to put them 2-0 up, that was the key moment in the game as not long after we got a timely and excellent equaliser.

That hug at the end of the game spoke volumes, after that I am inclined to plead with the club to let this trio continue as a management team and see how the next month or so goes, if its not broke don't fix it.

UTS.

P.S just over 2,800 to see Burton go top of the league, I thought our attendance on Sat was piss poor but that takes the biscuit.

I feel a romance brewing :lol:

coop63
Glitterati

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:01 pm

had a bit of time to wind down from last night's celebrations!

Just wanted to say that although Romaine and Rico seem to be attracting lots of attention on the forum (quite rightly) - it was a genuine COMPLETE performance last night.

Loads of quality all over the park and everyone deserves full credit..

I hear Tom's is just a cut and no real problem so hopefully be OK for selection

Also wanted to comment on Jon Witneys post match radio interview - very measured and intelligent guy from the sounds of it. Nice and balanced about what we do and why - I liked what I heard got to say :)

UTS

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:31 pm

What a night last night was. The performance in the first half wasn't great, but I'd put that largely down to the way they tried to kick us off the park. The second half performance had everything - pace, guile, guts, and without compromising any of the professionalism Smith seemed to have instilled this season. We were ruthless going forward in the last ten minutes and I'd even argue we had another gear we could have cranked things up to had it been needed.

If there's a better player in this league than Romaine Sawyers, I definitely haven't seen him.

It's been said already, but Whitney's interview after the game just goes to show there are good guys at the club even now Smith and ROK have moved on. The huddle at the end of the game felt special.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:55 pm

IHTC. wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:

UTS.

I feel a romance brewing :lol:

Please lads, kisses are only allowed after we have dealt with the aliens that have landed in Bloxwich.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

How did Atnee G play last night?

Walsall_Casual
Glitterati

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Still enjoying cloud 9 after last night.

The quality, professionalism and passion shown by the team was fantastic! If you are reading this - thank you.

The fans - well, we're Walsall aye we!

Love being Walsall me!

IHTC.
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Super Gabor wrote:How did Atnee G play last night?

Crud, nearly had another fight with Ince.........and very FAT

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Lost his man (Downing) for our second goal about half an hour after he'd squared up to his own goalie. Other than that, he played OK. :lol:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:11 pm

Nowhere to be seen when Downing score.

He might have been in a different time zone

PT
Site Addict

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:11 pm

latviancheese wrote:

Dunno about that but his arse and gut have got different post codes these days.

Loved him when he played for us and I was lobbying for us to sign him in the summer. I was wrong.

coop63
Glitterati

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:23 pm

PT wrote:
latviancheese wrote:

Dunno about that but his arse and gut have got different post codes these days.

Loved him when he played for us and I was lobbying for us to sign him in the summer. I was wrong.

Agree - he defo looked a bigger unit than when he played for us :shock:

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Arse like a caboss.

kshammer
Site Addict

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:

Arse like a caboss.

Never stopped Roper... oh hang on it did. He was never fit before Christmas.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season