Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Colchester United (A) League One, 24th October 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Re: Colchester United (A) League One, 24th October 3pm

Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:57 pm

PT wrote:Just add Sallian to your foes list and his posts disappear. It takes about 20 seconds.

If people don't do that then he still manages to pollute the threads because other posters, who I do not wish to make a foe (he is my only foe) feel compelled to post about how cack his posts are and how they are a waste of time.

User control panel is the place to go and it is dead easy from there.

Done!!

You learn something every day!

Cheers PT

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 pm

yes thanks PT....great advice...I would advise all users to do the same.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:25 pm

This has got to be the worse match thread for along time. Page7 and majority of posts by Sallian or responses to him. (Including me now :D )
Let's just change it from match day 2015/16 to the wind ups of Sallian 2015/16.

PT
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Thousands of posts and at last I've contributed something useful.

My work round here may well be done.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Graydon48 wrote:This has got to be the worse match thread for along time. Page7 and majority of posts by Sallian or responses to him. (Including me now :D )

Indeed, but amongst the dross, PINNACLE's posts about the score updates med me loff :lol:

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:43 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Graydon48 wrote:This has got to be the worse match thread for along time. Page7 and majority of posts by Sallian or responses to him. (Including me now :D )

Indeed, but amongst the dross, PINNACLE's posts about the score updates med me loff :lol:

You must be easily amused Chester. I found it quite rude, again, from a poster that has a go at me for critising our own!

Why is it in life those that often complain about the behaviour of others are quite often the worse perpetrators themselves.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:41 pm

saddla wrote:
PT wrote:Just add Sallian to your foes list and his posts disappear. It takes about 20 seconds.

If people don't do that then he still manages to pollute the threads because other posters, who I do not wish to make a foe (he is my only foe) feel compelled to post about how cack his posts are and how they are a waste of time.

I only wish people who respond to his drivel would not quote him in their reply as that shows up in their reply. I wish to remove all of his drivel.

I have 2 on my list him and Sound Out ( maybe it's just 1 :lol: )

My thoughts entirely! :)

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Welsh............(and some others out there) ...........Just a YERY polite request......
On the match threads, I don't mind your 'other match' score updates from our League, but could you possibly refrain from latest scores from the Premiershite....it completely ruins my, and possibly many others, viewing of MOTD.................when the scores/results are already known beforehand!
Avoiding the BBC & ITV news reports throughout the early evening are easy, but I just can't avoid being on UTS when my team are playing beyond my reach!
Thanks all!!!
UTS :lol: :lol: :lol:

maximus
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:02 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

You must be easily amused Chester. I found it quite rude, again, from a poster that has a go at me for critising our own!

Why is it in life those that often complain about the behaviour of others are quite often the worse perpetrators themselves.

And he is normally justified in the crititism aimed at yourself.

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Welsh............(and some others out there) ...........Just a YERY polite request......
On the match threads, I don't mind your 'other match' score updates from our League, but could you possibly refrain from latest scores from the Premiershite....it completely ruins my, and possibly many others, viewing of MOTD.................when the scores/results are already known beforehand!
Avoiding the BBC & ITV news reports throughout the early evening are easy, but I just can't avoid being on UTS when my team are playing beyond my reach!
Thanks all!!!

I second this request - though for a slightly different reason, in that I couldn't give a flying toss about the "Italian Hairdresser's Falling-Over League", and generally wouldn't dream of watching Mince of the Day.

sallian
Glitterati

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:00 pm

How grown up.... block your ears from opinions which challenge your own and pretend they don't exist, very juvenile and immature......in the real world you have to deal with different opinions and viewpoints and sometimes you learn from them.

By blocking out information sources your assessment becomes false, incomplete and delusional.

I think there are plenty of drips on here who talk nonsense, but I haven't blocked any of them....as I have to face the reality as it is....rather than walk into walls due to mind altering substances or imaginary judgements on reality

You remind me of the pantomime debates on BBC 'discussion shows' where they invite 4 or 5 people all of the same opinion, ideology and pre-conditioning to supposedly 'debate', in reality differing over trivial details while ignoring the real opposition in the real world which may be of a much more severe, cutting, accurate, deeper and radical nature....but lets all stick our fingers in our ears and make nah, nah, nah sounds whenever something challenges our artificially constructed view of the world

sallian
Glitterati

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:08 pm

hunslet49 wrote:

Thanks PT. I have followed this forum for years but have only just registered so that I can ignore sallian. I don't particularly like football these days but I do enjoy the banter on this forum - until sallian turns up that is

I guess that is like registering to vote so you can not vote

I might change my pic to "Sallian is so right that the wrong'uns join forums to ignore him"

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

WarsawPact wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:Welsh............(and some others out there) ...........Just a YERY polite request......
Thanks all!!!

I second this request - though for a slightly different reason, in that I couldn't give a flying toss about the "Italian Hairdresser's Falling-Over League", and generally wouldn't dream of watching Mince of the Day.

Point(s) well taken, and apologies duly proffered. :oops: Don't expect any reduction in League One updates though... :wink:

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:46 pm

maximus wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

That's your opinion of course to which you are entitled. However due to a campaign started largely by myself 2 years ago there is now a singing movement aimed at improving the atmosphere at home games.

Love me or hate me my posts are always pro Walsall. Certainly never rude, insulting and at times downright out of order such as the aforementioned.

One of the most insulting threads was when I said the atmosphere was crap at home in the Port Vale game. I was called a Scunthorpe by Otis & PINNACLE for my views & he also said something about my Dad. If the current movement is a result of my taking a lot of abuse that was out or order then so be it; however don't you dare come on here and say it was justified - I was well within my right to ask him to be banned.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks all!!!

So there are people existing that have to look away when the results are read out :shock:

Match of the day....how very 1980's :wink:

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:21 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

:lol: The first two posts were not rude really - just funny (particularly the second comment). He only got arsey when Welsh implied that he was a keyboard supporter.

Yow just dow like him :wink:

maximus
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:44 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
maximus wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

That's your opinion of course to which you are entitled. However due to a campaign started largely by myself 2 years ago there is now a singing movement aimed at improving the atmosphere at home games.

Love me or hate me my posts are always pro Walsall. Certainly never rude, insulting and at times downright out of order such as the aforementioned.

One of the most insulting threads was when I said the atmosphere was crap at home in the Port Vale game. I was called a Scunthorpe by Otis & PINNACLE for my views & he also said something about my Dad. If the current movement is a result of my taking a lot of abuse that was out or order then so be it; however don't you dare come on here and say it was justified - I was well within my right to ask him to be banned.

But the same could be said about yourself, what with your self righteous opinions of games that you DON'T attend. But you can't take a difference of opinion to your own. Are you Sound_Out's lovechild by any chance ?

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Is this guy another pseudonym of a regular poster or is he for real :lol:

It's sad how easily you can pick these sado's out. Commenting as another user name to reinforce your regular user names arguments! :roll:

Just about as tragic as it gets

sid swifty
Glitterati

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:40 am

Just watched the highlights,at last they are entertaining the fans who pay their wages,long may it last.Its too late for me,I don't think I will ever go and watch them again, but its nice to see them doing well and giving the fans a reason to look forward to the weekend.

CooperTheSaddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:59 am

Unfortunate to only take a point, being 2-0 up, but I'm always happy with a point away from home, especially since I didn't expect us to take anything in the end. Sets the game up on Saturday to be huge, another 1st vs 2nd at the Banks!

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:05 pm

4 points from 2 away games is superb!

Gutted to let the 2 goal lead slip but great determination to bag the draw.

Sallian is a grade A twerp. Just ignore the fool people.

sallian
Glitterati

Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:46 pm

scott_powell wrote:4 points from 2 away games is superb!

Gutted to let the 2 goal lead slip but great determination to bag the draw.

Sallian is a grade A twerp. Just ignore the fool people.

See I get 'A' grades when I don't even know I'm sitting an exam....because Sallian is RIGHT

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Thanks all!!!

So there are people existing that have to look away when the results are read out :shock: 3-2, 3-2 3-2.................... with thanks to the Fast Show!!

Match of the day....how very 1980's :wink:

But I do get to drink many glasses of Frosty Jacks whilst I'm watching, as the wife disappears for the programmes duration! :D :D
And it's great to watch the Vile struggle and squirm! And loved it last year, when scum bag Burnley got relegated...Oh joy!! :mrgreen:

coop63
Glitterati

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 pm

First chance to post after Sat's game but gotta say it's completely irritating to read so much crap on what should be match reports and chats about the same topics..

I too can't stand the rants of some of the prats posting but responding only fuels their content so lets resist the temptation to respond to any of it and give it a miss unless it's actually about the game??

Gotta say it was a very frustrating game on Sat'day and it could have been more a piece which doesn't say much for either team.. Our lads lost the plot after the half time team talk (god knows what they were thinking..) and we totally gifted them a couple (if not arguably all) of their goals..

Don't want to focus on one or two individuals and I know he's a firm favourite etc but Andy Taylor is plainly not match fit (at all..) They threw every attack down that wing and he simply couldn't keep in touch with their guys.. He is costing us possession and giving teams the impetus to take us on and it's got to be dealt with. Deano needs to rest him and get him fit otherwise we risk being sussed out and exposed on that flank..

It would have been great to have nicked it with the final chance that hit woodwork but at 4-3 down I was mighty pleased to get away from there with a point.. Especially after such an inept show from the referee and linesman on our side of the ground - amazing how we never got at least one penalty :evil:

Fair play to everyone that made the long journey to a fairly soul-less stadium with the furthest distance to a boozer I think i've ever known - that said, we made ourselves heard I reckon :D

SWS1

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:06 pm

coop63 wrote:First chance to post after Sat's game but gotta say it's completely irritating to read so much crap on what should be match reports and chats about the same topics.

Hear! Hear! :D

WillenhallManiac

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Personally I cant see what all the fuss is about regarding Sallian's posts

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:56 pm

PT wrote:Thousands of posts and at last I've contributed something useful.

My work round here may well be done.

Who said that?

sallian
Glitterati

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:29 am

WillenhallManiac wrote:Personally I cant see what all the fuss is about regarding Sallian's posts

that is vandalism of a great artwork!

well done, made me laugh....some creativity....

I thought i hadn't posted that far down, then i thought oh he's using my thing....that's nice..... then i read your modifications :(

WillenhallManiac

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Was always going to take it down at my next post. Glad you enjoyed it and took it in the right spirit.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season