Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Colchester United (A) League One, 24th October 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Re: Colchester United (A) League One, 24th October 3pm

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:
PINNACLE wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:Blackpool 1 Crewe Alexandra 0

Chesterfield 0 Scunthorpe United 2

Swindon Town 0 Coventry City 1

Bradford City 1 Wigan Athletic 1 now

No offence intended but this has been bugging me for months now...................
You are running a kind of vidiprinter for people on a website, do you not think they have got access to the latest scores as they happen ?

No offence taken, but we do have viewers in deepest France and the US of A who have previously expressed their gratitude for this information, as they have been unable to access it by any other means..... (honest!!) :D

So they can access your updated scores by using the interweb thingy but not use the interweb thingy to access the updated scores....... :lol:

Perhaps if you were at the game instead of behind a keyboard, you wouldn't have to put up with it. I only report what I'm told by bona fide supporters....

I have been going to the games since 1968, still do to home games and away games i care about. Get off your high horse with genuine supporters and stop boring everyone with your Kenneth Wolstenholme / Dickie Davies impersonations :oops:

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:11 pm

sallian wrote:seems we can hardly ever get the mix right.....could be a punishment because of all of our stupid supporters who invoke trouble with their wrong ideas and attitudes
What on Earth does that comment mean?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sallian is a troll - a poor one at that.

I imagine he is an alter ego of another poster.

sallian
Glitterati

realist saddler wrote:
sallian wrote:well done for getting something...but a draw at Colchester is not enough if we are to go up ....we still don't have the steel and iron to wear the leaders cap and coat....we are only pretenders at the moment....having a good run but not looking like the real deal

Score 4 and then be so bad defensively, seems we can hardly ever get the mix right.....could be a punishment because of all of our stupid supporters who invoke trouble with their wrong ideas and attitudes
sallian wrote:
Your either a wind up merchant or a complete nob and I guess it's the latter. No supporters expected to be where we are come late October, you can't win every week, either face disappointments being a Walsall fan like I have for 30 years, or go and support someone else.

As for me I'm enjoying the ride at the moment we're second in the table if you hadn't noticed, get a chuffing grip!!

That is why we never succeed, people like you have low ambition and expectations...it rubs off

We should have won today, if we have been outplaying many teams and defending well....then we needed to play the part of the position we are in.....you might argue we did by drawing a game we looked like losing....but I see it the other way...

This season is one of first in ages where we had chance to be in a commanding lead by Christmas time....but we keep on blowing it against teams we should be beating...

It is not about budget, support base etc...once you are on the field it is 11 against 11 with a manager and motivation and tactics, the players and their drive and skills....if we are at the top then that shows we don't need the money

But once you get there, you have to adopt the steel, determination, confidence, drive and ambition of those who want to stay there....you need concentration and consistency...neither are about money and support etc... Many teams have done this before

I am annoyed by us ballsing things up

PT
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Blimey, that was exhausting.

Fair result. We weren't two goals better in the first half. We got away with murder but that all stopped in the second half.

Sorry, but the keeper isn't good enough. No coincidence that a rock solid defence suddenly concedes four in a half (which I suppose is better than the second half at Bristol).

We missed Rico. Harriet tore our full backs apart for pace. Rico would have lived with him.

Would be sweet to be commencing the long journey back with Morris's injury time in injury time effort that hit the post, but like I say above, a draw was fair.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:16 pm

bigbadsad wrote:
sallian wrote:
Mrdollabill wrote:right a win would of been nice but we are still averaging 2 points a game (or just under) which is great, our next 4 games though I think will be the biggest test of the season and will decide where we end up at the end of it.

Gillingham
Shrewsbury
Sheff Utd
Swindon

Realistically i can see us getting the 8 points out of these fixtures that we need. But we need to sort the defense out because today just wasn't good enough if we are to do this!

I see us losing all of them, but we might get a consolation win or draw amongst them

if we beat manchester city away in the fa cup 3rd round 5-1 you would moan that we had conceded one :lol:

No I wouldn't moan about that...but a winning mentality would still try and analyze and rectify what led to the goal being conceded, that is the difference between excellence and mediocrity

bigbadsad
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:22 pm

sallian wrote:
bigbadsad wrote:
sallian wrote:
Mrdollabill wrote:right a win would of been nice but we are still averaging 2 points a game (or just under) which is great, our next 4 games though I think will be the biggest test of the season and will decide where we end up at the end of it.

Gillingham
Shrewsbury
Sheff Utd
Swindon

Realistically i can see us getting the 8 points out of these fixtures that we need. But we need to sort the defense out because today just wasn't good enough if we are to do this!

I see us losing all of them, but we might get a consolation win or draw amongst them

if we beat manchester city away in the fa cup 3rd round 5-1 you would moan that we had conceded one :lol:

No I wouldn't moan about that...but a winning mentality would still try and analyze and rectify what led to the goal being conceded, that is the difference between excellence and mediocrity

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:25 pm

to score 4 goals and not win is a big waste of goals...

Gillingham know how to use their goals but we don't

We are good at not scoring when we need to and not winning when a win is precious

People who keep saying 'We can't win every game'

NEWS ALERT: We haven't been winning every game, we won 8 out of 15...7 times we failed to win

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:26 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:Is sallian for real?
his terminology doesn't sound right? i think he is a polish refugee that thinks he is posting about warsaw :lol:

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Some proper bellends on here nowadays, just digital diarrhea been posted.ugh

Anyway, mental game, bad defensive mistakes but we'll learn from them.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:29 pm

sallian wrote:to score 4 goals and not win is a big waste of goals...

We are good at not scoring when we need to and not winning when a win is precious

NEWS ALERT: We haven't been winning every game, we won 8 out of 15...7 times we failed to win

Go fudge watch Gillingham galaticos then, i suspect you'll be more satisfied.

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Listening to the commentary I got the impression they were getting a lot of joy down their right. Was Andy Taylor having a poor game??
Look forward to hearing comments from those who were there.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Was in the pub so wasn't following this game hugely but how on earth do you explain that one?! :lol:

Have to say it's 2 points lost on account of being 2-0 up at HT. Defence clearly just had an off half, that will happen from time to time in a 46 game season.

Still top of league 1 is toss this season, no wonder aside from Burton in the top 7 winning and they've been poor recently.

Beat Gillingham next week and all is fine.

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Does anyone know of any Sunday paper that shows the Leagues with home & away form?

Try Flashscores, Ancient. It has all the stats and form you need. Lots of sports, from all over the world, too.

P.S.

Even lets you know when Saigon scores (and what with). Not pretty reading if you've a delicate digestive system.
Last edited by gerryhatrick on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:55 pm

derbysaddler wrote:

55% win ratio is fine....23/46 and a few draws gets you 70 + points and a play off place.

Not good at scoring when you have to....were you in a coma for the Burton and Barnsley games? Oh no Walsall should've won those two 6-0 to boost the GD. :roll:

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Oh and for Sallian.
The handicap bet I had at the start of the season has us equal 4th bottom ( Sheff U at scratch with us +19).
This is turning out to be a really grim depressing season isn't it?

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 pm

chestersaddler wrote:Sallian is a troll - a poor one at that.

Do the words 'Sound Out' sound familiar?
The guy appears to have a superior intellect but has some strange ideology about football.
He has obviously never played the game or he would realise that a result like todays is what the game is all about, unless the team is Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus results cannot be guaranteed.
The only guarantee in life is that Gillingham will score in the last few minutes....bugga! :?

PS: glad that equaliser went in!! (ours NOT Gillingham's) :lol:

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:

The guy appears to have a superior intellect but has some strange ideology about football.
He has obviously never played the game or he would realise that a result like todays is what the game is all about, unless the team is Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus results cannot be guaranteed.
The only guarantee in life is that Gillingham will score in the last few minutes....bugga! :?

i'm glad as well. we got a point out of what sounded like a great game. and i put £20 on us getting the 8th goal at 4/1 :lol:

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:44 pm

I'll take the point and run. When did we last draw 4-4 - was it Watford away in the FA Cup in 1987?

UTS

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:51 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:
derbysaddler wrote:

55% win ratio is fine....23/46 and a few draws gets you 70 + points and a play off place.

Not good at scoring when you have to....were you in a coma for the Burton and Barnsley games? Oh no Walsall should've won those two 6-0 to boost the GD. :roll:

I'm talking about the other failure games, 4 or 5 of them

Should be in a better position, Coventry, Wigan, Sheff Utd and others are rising and we are stalling and choking, it doesn't look like Gillingham are slowing down

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:57 pm

None of the 3 teams you mention won today you pleb :D

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:

My regrets in life are not becoming a professional footballer (I believe I would have been better than any England player), or a tennis player (I would have been better than Murray probably) or a boxer (but not really...as I don't believe in hitting people in the face for money...or for free in general)...If I did I would have been better than any Brit boxer in history I believe, and still could probably walk in the ring at 40 and relatively unfit and defeat most of today's crop I think....However as a teen I got into much more important activities which changed my whole direction...admitted this isn't evidenced by me spending so much time on this board....but we all have our vices and flaws....and Walsall are in my childhood and blood after all.

saddlernoggin
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:03 pm

sallian wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

My regrets in life are not becoming a professional footballer (I believe I would have been better than any England player), or a tennis player (I would have been better than Murray probably) or a boxer (but not really...as I don't believe in hitting people in the face for money...or for free in general)...If I did I would have been better than any Brit boxer in history I believe, and still could probably walk in the ring at 40 and relatively unfit and defeat most of today's crop I think....However as a teen I got into much more important activities which changed my whole direction...admitted this isn't evidenced by me spending so much time on this board....but we all have our vices and flaws....and Walsall are in my childhood and blood after all.

Tit

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:20 pm

saddlernoggin wrote:
sallian wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

Tit

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Your boring mate move on.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:23 pm

sallian wrote:
saddlernoggin wrote:
sallian wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

Tit

thanks for that deep and valuable consoling advice and commentary... I will think about it until I understand it, and If I fail...please put it in more basic words that I can understand and benefit from...as seeing as we are all twigs on the Walsall branch of a wider tribal cluster

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:24 pm

Please ignore Salian's posts. I just move to the one below it but clearly he's talking tosh because everyone is reacting.
Let's concentrate on the good. 4 goals, great away record, 2nd in the league (could be top for end of Oct.), Sawyer back on the score sheet, Evans 2 in 2.
Every team falls victim to the 2 up and capitulate. That being perhaps a strong word for 4 - 4.

UTS!

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Whatever else.....................after losing the lead twice , then going behind , it shows great resolve to come back at the death.

Their 'eads could easily have gone down .

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Mazza01 wrote:Your boring mate move on.

well if you meant me...then how would you know unless you had read my posts, and if you did...then you couldn't have found them that boring....unless you are engaging in a type of masochistic reading.....self harm, self torture

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Soton Saddler wrote:Please ignore Salian's posts. I just move to the one below it but clearly he's talking tosh because everyone is reacting.
Let's concentrate on the good. 4 goals, great away record, 2nd in the league (could be top for end of Oct.), Sawyer back on the score sheet, Evans 2 in 2.
Every team falls victim to the 2 up and capitulate. That being perhaps a strong word for 4 - 4.

UTS!

Or politely replying...to a whole range of bad mannered abusers who are perhaps not worthy of response, but that little unit of judgement evades you

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season