Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Colchester United (A) League One, 24th October 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
sallian
Glitterati

Re: Colchester United (A) League One, 24th October 3pm

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Soton Saddler wrote:Please ignore Salian's posts. I just move to the one below it but clearly he's talking tosh because everyone is reacting.
Let's concentrate on the good. 4 goals, great away record, 2nd in the league (could be top for end of Oct.), Sawyer back on the score sheet, Evans 2 in 2.
Every team falls victim to the 2 up and capitulate. That being perhaps a strong word for 4 - 4.

UTS!

The negative of that is we are currently dependent upon the goals of an external player who may be leaving soon....which may expose our frailties even more

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Who's that then, Sawyers, Bradshaw, Milan, George Evans?

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:00 pm

sallian wrote:
Mrdollabill wrote:full time 4-4 what a game! and Gillingham guess what have got a late goal :lol:

Yes but the difference is Gillingham didn't concede a wad...and also they were playing a Southend challengin for the play offs where as we were getting peppered by 15th place Colchester..... Gillingham are looking like our Daddy in the prison cell block at the moment.....we might end up losing to them 1-5

What was the score at Southend earlier this season?

This match might be of interest aswell...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34229925

:mrgreen:

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:07 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:Who's that then, Sawyers, Bradshaw, Milan, George Evans?

If Evans hadn't have scored....we would have lost... perhaps in the previous game also

Bradshaw is now not scoring and we don't have anyone else scoring consistently enough....

Yes it's very good that Sawyers and Lalkovic are scoring

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:09 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:
sallian wrote:
Mrdollabill wrote:full time 4-4 what a game! and Gillingham guess what have got a late goal :lol:

Yes but the difference is Gillingham didn't concede a wad...and also they were playing a Southend challengin for the play offs where as we were getting peppered by 15th place Colchester..... Gillingham are looking like our Daddy in the prison cell block at the moment.....we might end up losing to them 1-5

What was the score at Southend earlier this season?

This match might be of interest aswell...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34229925

:mrgreen:

Yes it had not evaded my attention when scrolling the form of others

However, our level has dipped and we flunking a few easier test papers now at crucial times

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:14 pm

At kick off I would have taken a point but being 2-0 up at HT with best defence in league conceding 4 goals second half feels like a defeat and this is because we are now expecting more from the team who many including me who expected another season like last.
Just look at difference lack of goals,improved,crab football,gone the idea if bradshaw failed to score who would ,goals now shared best season for long while results like today,crewe and chestrfield just bring us back to earth.
I don't think we will finish in top 2 but have great chance to reach playoffs. watching walsall for many many years my first aim is another 21 points for safety then onwards.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Even if it was 4-4 it still a point away from home which is the aim.

They must have spent a few quid looking at their attacking players.

A positive point.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:15 pm

I just couldn't understand how you were pushing Gillingham up to Brazil 1970 level when they've taken 3 fewer points from thr Southend and Colchester games than Walsall have. :lol:

Gills are a good team but wouldn't surprise me if it's a similar result to the Burton game...if they come and have a go.

There is no team in this league this season that is anywhere near the standard of a Wolves, Brentford or Bristol City so yes imo the promotion race will continue to be unpredictable with plenty of shock results most weeks as the teams at the top simply aren't that good or consistant. No one will get 90 points this season for a start.

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:23 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:I just couldn't understand how you were pushing Gillingham up to Brazil 1970 level when they've taken 3 fewer points from thr Southend and Colchester games than Walsall have. :lol:

Gills are a good team but wouldn't surprise me if it's a similar result to the Burton game...if they come and have a go.

There is no team in this league this season that is anywhere near the standard of a Wolves, Brentford or Bristol City so yes imo the promotion race will continue to be unpredictable with plenty of shock results most weeks as the teams at the top simply aren't that good or consistant. No one will get 90 points this season for a start.

20 wins for promotion then! I believe.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:28 pm

I didn't go so I will await the reports of those who did with interest however 4points from 2 away games is a good return so well done lads. Matches(mad matches)like this come along very rarely and a point at Colchester is acceptable . I have heard Dean's post match comments and he was "bitterly disappointed" with our defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals in particular but felt we should have had a penalty immediately before the 4th goal. Any views on these issues?

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:31 pm

sallian wrote:..and also they were playing a Southend challengin for the play offs

Didn't we beat Southend? Thought so.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:33 pm

sallian wrote:8 goals in 14 now 4 in one day, we no longer have the best defence in the division.

Wrong again, do keep up.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Wragbyred wrote:
sallian wrote:..and also they were playing a Southend challengin for the play offs

Yes, but Southend were struggling then....but still a good result and a game I was on the way to attending but then got stopped

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Wragbyred wrote:
sallian wrote:8 goals in 14 now 4 in one day, we no longer have the best defence in the division.

Wrong again, do keep up.

ok we don't have EXCLUSIVELY the best defence except as a ratio of games played....which will be a joint position if Coventry keep a clean sheet in their next game.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:53 pm

Some of this is looking delusional from Dean Smith....Rose coloured spectacled analysis

"I'm bitterly disappointed to be honest, we looked to be coasting at 2-0. We played some fantastic stuff during the first half - but they were always an attacking threat as well.

"They've had a few chances during the first half as well. I spoke to the players at half-time, what not to do - and we did the opposite.

"The lad scored a good goal for their first one, although I think it deflected off Adam [Chambers]. The second one was onside marginally. The third goal, a speculative strike from the edge of the box, and people not doing their jobs in terms of our players.

"And the fourth one we should've had a penalty at the other end, and they break and score, so I feel that decision has cost us two points."

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:04 pm

sallian wrote:
Wragbyred wrote:

Yes, but Southend were struggling then....but still a good result and a game I was on the way to attending but then got stopped

That's right, they were really struggling :lol:

Played 1 drawn 1 (away at Fleetwood)

Numpty :lol: :lol:

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Ok it is a bit disappointing to concede 4 but the manner of that game, the late equalizer etc, can have a dramatic effect on the mindset of a squad. After being 2-0 up, if we'd have lost it could have thrown a few doubts in but by grabbing a point at the death and showing they've got fight could really spur them on. That one goal could be worth far more than the point it earned.

As for moaning at Salian, it isn't worth it. By replying you encourage him and it's like talking to a nutter in town... you can't moan if he then follows you round rubbing his dick and shouting bollocks after you.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Great game to watch, wonderful advert for League 1 football. Two attacking teams playing with the ball on the deck with plenty of goals and excitement for both teams. It's a shame about the result but I feel looking on the game overall I would say a draw would be a fair result, however... Colchester had A LOT of help from the referees. Right before their fourth Eastman played basketball in the box to defend a cross bound for one of our lads in the six yard box - probably one of the most blatant handballs I have seen in a long time (not their first handball of the game not given either), it doesn't get given and when you see them then counter attacking you just know that they're going to score, which they did. Very frustrating as the linesman who was about 10 yards behind play at all times flagged Tom offside for balls that were blatantly onside by a couple of yards, as well as a few crunching and cynical fouls on our lot that only resulted in 2 cards.

We were unlike our usual selves and got dragged into the end to end game that we didn't want to be in with a side like Colchester and got punished for it, when we conceded the first the team should of focussed and made sure we didn't crumble, but we did and ended up having to fight back the hard way. Felt Andy Taylor had a shocker, really missed Rico and his pace especially up against Harriot who is by far and above this level easily. Moncur as well caused us a lot of problems as he was always in that pocket of space that Adam Chambers couldn't fill all the time 24-7, especially when they counter attacked. Think Deano made a mistake in playing the 4141 after half time as Chambers was having to do the work for Evans and Sawyers who were both too far forwards and behind their attacking play to screen our back 4. He fixed this by going 4411 but that was far too late IMO.

Oh well good game, horrible drive back in pitch black rainy roads with terrible cat eyes, bad defensively (mainly from Taylor who looked unfit after his injury) but good going forwards, especially our wide players. Morris in particular was excellent when he came on, he had a similar impact to what Harriot did for them. Should of started I feel this wasn't the kind of game to play Forde in.

Roll on Gillingham who I think we will beat, they've been awful apparently the past few weeks and keep grabbing late goals to save themselves. I have confidence that we will not

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:30 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
sallian wrote:
Wragbyred wrote:

That's right, they were really struggling :lol:

Played 1 drawn 1 (away at Fleetwood)

Numpty :lol: :lol:

Well they struggled to win... and for the early season they were amongst the bottom bunch...so regardless of your mockery my statement is accurate....the phrase "at the time" does not necessitate a consecutive group of games commencing before and ceasing during our encounter.....at the time can include that general early period as an indicator of their level when we played them.... so keep on giggling

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:33 pm

kshammer wrote:Ok it is a bit disappointing to concede 4 but the manner of that game, the late equalizer etc, can have a dramatic effect on the mindset of a squad. After being 2-0 up, if we'd have lost it could have thrown a few doubts in but by grabbing a point at the death and showing they've got fight could really spur them on. That one goal could be worth far more than the point it earned.

As for moaning at Salian, it isn't worth it. By replying you encourage him and it's like talking to a nutter in town... you can't moan if he then follows you round rubbing his dick and shouting bollocks after you.

By saying that and then mentioning me by name it suggests you miss me and want me to follow you around, don't worry you are not my type and I am not that way inclined...

...aside from your insults, I hope you are right about their psychological response to the closing moments of the aforementioned encounter.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Still boring :D

Well-bRed
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:13 pm

kshammer wrote:Ok it is a bit disappointing to concede 4 but the manner of that game, the late equalizer etc, can have a dramatic effect on the mindset of a squad. After being 2-0 up, if we'd have lost it could have thrown a few doubts in but by grabbing a point at the death and showing they've got fight could really spur them on. That one goal could be worth far more than the point it earned.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's priceless!
P.s. "Got any cigarettes?"
I knew it, Sallian is Mad Ramsey!

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Well-bRed wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's priceless!
P.s. "Got any cigarettes?"
I knew it, Sallian is Mad Ramsey!
sallian is an intellectual idiot :lol:

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 am

Do we have to be subjected to 3 or 4 pages of bollocks from a poster that hasn't even been to a single game this season on every match thread?

If you have enough time & energy to sit there writing essays and studying facts every Saturday afternoon then why not just go to the bloody game and support the lads?!

I'm surprised people still read his posts!

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:58 am

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:Do we have to be subjected to 3 or 4 pages of bollocks from a poster that hasn't even been to a single game this season on every match thread?

If you have enough time & energy to sit there writing essays and studying facts every Saturday afternoon then why not just go to the bloody game and support the lads?!

I'm surprised people still read his posts!

Definitely need a mute button on here, I just skip past his posts, it's a waste of bandwidth loading his posts.

UTS Legend

Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:11 am

RUDOLPH HUCKER

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 am

This bloke Sallian is most definitely " two eyeballs short of a sheep" but i have to admit he is amusing if only to try and work out how his mind works.

And he does get you all going does he not ? :lol:

PT
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:32 am

Just add Sallian to your foes list and his posts disappear. It takes about 20 seconds.

If people don't do that then he still manages to pollute the threads because other posters, who I do not wish to make a foe (he is my only foe) feel compelled to post about how cack his posts are and how they are a waste of time.

User control panel is the place to go and it is dead easy from there.

saddla
Site Addict

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:57 am

PT wrote:Just add Sallian to your foes list and his posts disappear. It takes about 20 seconds.

If people don't do that then he still manages to pollute the threads because other posters, who I do not wish to make a foe (he is my only foe) feel compelled to post about how cack his posts are and how they are a waste of time.

I only wish people who respond to his drivel would not quote him in their reply as that shows up in their reply. I wish to remove all of his drivel.

I have 2 on my list him and Sound Out ( maybe it's just 1 :lol: )
Last edited by saddla on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hunslet49

Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 pm

PT wrote:Just add Sallian to your foes list and his posts disappear. It takes about 20 seconds.

Thanks PT. I have followed this forum for years but have only just registered so that I can ignore sallian. I don't particularly like football these days but I do enjoy the banter on this forum - until sallian turns up that is

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season