Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chesterfield (H) League One, 17th Oct 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
scott_powell
Site Addict

Re: Chesterfield (H) League One, 17th Oct 3pm

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:51 pm

leics_saddler wrote:I'll tell you what, I'm sick of seeing 'bad day at the office' and 'top of the league, get a grip.'

Dean Smith was out thought today by a manager who has the tactical awareness of an amoeba.
Every side in the division, will be lumping it up to a big donkey from now on.

I couldn't give a bloody monkeys if we've had 16 shots, I'm not Sallian.
I'm rather more concerned about shipping two at home and it's not like they were scored by Pele and Messi!

We look great against football teams, but as soon as we face hoofballers we look spineless.
I hope I'm wrong but we'll know a lot more after Barnsley, especially if think back to last season's effort there.

:roll: wow

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:29 am

Felt we were poor but unlucky today. We move on.

Bigger worry for me is the injury to Mantom, leaves us very light in that area (quite literally too, Flan and Bax!) if Osbourne is ever found.

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:43 am

Very bad day at the office if only Bradshaw would have took his chance 3 minutes in,
I honestly think every player was below par even the keeper seemed off it.
I hate to say it but Ebanks Blake took the piss he was too much for Preston to handle.
Mantom going off injured is a problem not because he's been great because the last 3 game's he's been poor but because it means Flannagan will play more and I think we are all aware he's not a league 1 player he's probably on £500 a week as a squad player and shouldn't really be starting game's. Sawyers needs to start testing the keeper because my concerns with him are being realised again a no:10 who doesn't score and has no assists is not a good footballer regardless of his movement and vision.
Also I have to add bringing Cook on every week is becoming ridiculous I was honestly going to approach Smith with the £50 in my pocket and have a bet with him he wouldn't have any effect on the game but I thought better off it as we are /were top of the league and didn't want to be negative but come on if I can see it and 4 thousand other people can see it why can't Smith, seriously is it in his contract that he has to play?
Anyway we won't play as bad as that again for a while I hope.
Last edited by otiswfc on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:13 am

We went in the bonservices suite after the game, flannagan looked like he wanted to kill someone and Preston looked like he'd seen a ghost, I told him to not worry about the mistake and that he had a good game.

If you watch the highlights even after he scores his first career goals he still looks like he's awaiting a murder charge, think it will either make him come on so much stronger or mentally play tricks on him. Praying it's the former

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:33 am

You need to get a "grip" Leics yesterday was the first time we had conceded 2 goals in the League indeed the only teams to have scored more than once against us were Nottingham Forest,Chelsea and....Morecombe! We were without our best defender and some of our best players were off form and yet on another day we would have won.
Where I do agree is that Tuesday is very important and we may well go there without O'Connor,Taylor,Mantom and Etheridge! Our resources will be severely strained so lets hope our best players turn up!!

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:07 am

otiswfc wrote:Very bad day at the office if only Bradshaw would have took his chance 3 minutes in,
I hate to say it but Ebanks Blake took the piss he was too much for Preston to handle.
Mantom going off injured is a problem not because he's been great because the last 3 game's he's been poor but because it means Flannagan will play more and I think we are all aware he's not a league 1 player he's probably on £500 a week as a squad player and shouldn't really be starting game's. Sawyers needs to start testing the keeper because my concerns with him are being realised again a no:10 who doesn't score and has no assists is not a good footballer regardless of his movement and vision.
Also I have to add bringing Cook on every week is becoming ridiculous I was honestly going to approach Smith with the £50 in my pocket and have a bet with him he wouldn't have any effect on the game but I thought better off it as we are /were top of the league and didn't want to be negative but come on if I can see it and 4 thousand other people can see it why can't Smith, seriously is it in his contract that he has to play?

Sawyers may not have got an assist yesterday but he got 2 last week against Burton. Again, you're chatting absolute rubbish about Sawyers.

Micky Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:43 am

kshammer wrote:Most of the sensible stuff has been said already so i'll not go into too much depth.

Preston looked nervous.
Mantom, Flanagan and Taylor were abysmal.
Bradshaw (shock, horror... i'm going to be critical) is no where near last seasons form.
Etheridge fudge about too much.
The only threat was from Romaine and Rico.

I'm off to drink more wine.

Thank God! Someone who actually agrees with me!
I was going to start a thread on it KS.
Anyone who is awake can clearly see Bradshaw is not up to scratch. I wait for people to shoot me as he is the "messiah" but he has been below average now for majority of the season. If we had another striker this would be a perfect time to get him on the bench and for him to regain his hunger.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:53 am

Easy solution for me. We need to stop playing football in an office.

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:05 am

Micky Saddler wrote:
kshammer wrote:Most of the sensible stuff has been said already so i'll not go into too much depth.

Preston looked nervous.
Mantom, Flanagan and Taylor were abysmal.
Bradshaw (shock, horror... i'm going to be critical) is no where near last seasons form.
Etheridge fudge about too much.
The only threat was from Romaine and Rico.

I'm off to drink more wine.

Thank God! Someone who actually agrees with me!
I was going to start a thread on it KS.
Anyone who is awake can clearly see Bradshaw is not up to scratch. I wait for people to shoot me as he is the "messiah" but he has been below average now for majority of the season. If we had another striker this would be a perfect time to get him on the bench and for him to regain his hunger.

You are right in that Bradshaw has become immune to criticism where some players have had better games but still get abuse. However, I don't think he needs competition because he has lost his hunger, he needs a decent strike partner to come off the bench and draw defenders to create more space for him in the box. Cook doesn't do this.

bangsection
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:25 am

Just a bad day at the office in my opinion.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:32 am

bangsection wrote:Just a bad day at the office in my opinion.

It is all those hard working families that have to watch it who I feel sorry for.

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:38 am

we was below the usual, but he has the two most direct players on the bench in milan and morris, bradshaw needs them to open space for him.
personally would just let chambers hold and let morris, sawyers, milan, bradshaw and mantom run with it, their good players and will score and create, give them freedom obviously with out being gung ho.

bloody hell, if we finish in the top 6 that would be brilliant, some people need to calm down its one game, a good point away at Barnsley or better and this will be a distant memory.

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:39 am

scott_powell wrote:
otiswfc wrote:Very bad day at the office if only Bradshaw would have took his chance 3 minutes in,

Sawyers may not have got an assist yesterday but he got 2 last week against Burton. Again, you're chatting absolute rubbish about Sawyers.

OBSESSED
If Sawyers doesn't score more than 10 goals this season it will be a massive disappointment to himself, Dean Smith and the walsall supporter's
Yesterday Sawyers was very poor along with the rest of them. If the ex Dingle SEB was in our side yesterday instead of Sawyers we'd have looked more likely to score and therfore win the game FACT.

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 am

otiswfc wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

OBSESSED
If Sawyers doesn't score more than 10 goals this season it will be a massive disappointment to himself, Dean Smith and the walsall supporter's
Yesterday Sawyers was very poor along with the rest of them. If the ex Dingle SEB was in our side yesterday instead of Sawyers we'd have looked more likely to score and therfore win the game FACT.

ebanks blake held the ball up well, he had a long time to pick his spot which was down to poor marking, did he really look a goal threat though? not really, we made chesterfield look better than what they were.

But its the same old story we go behind and we do struggle to break teams down who put everypne behind the ball, but so did England against Estonia!

It cant be as easy to do as some think.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:08 am

otiswfc wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

OBSESSED

I prove you wrong and you call me obsessed. Typical Otis response.

Sawyers wasn't at his best yesterday but neither were the others who played. For me he was still head and shoulders above anyone in our team. Bradshaw had a very poor game yet you completely ignore that. You have a dislike for Sawyers, we can all see it.

You seem to forget that Sawyers was pushed a lot deeper because of the injury to Mantom. He wasn't playing his normal role for a fair chunk of the game yesterday. Nodody ahead of him stepped up like Sawyers does. Where are you criticisms of those players?

Sawyers has had 1 poor league game out of 13. Your claim of him not assisting is utter shite considering he assisted twice last week. This really does prove how clueless you are!

Not quite sure what's in that humble pie you've been eating but it's certainly gone to your head!

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:35 am

scott_powell wrote:
otiswfc wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

OBSESSED

Sawyers wasn't at his best yesterday but neither were the others who played. For me he was still head and shoulders above anyone in our team. Bradshaw had a very poor game yet you completely ignore that. You have a dislike for Sawyers, we can all see it.

You seem to forget that Sawyers was pushed a lot deeper because of the injury to Mantom. He wasn't playing his normal role for a fair chunk of the game yesterday. Nodody ahead of him stepped up like Sawyers does. Where are you criticisms of those players?

Sawyers has had 1 poor league game out of 13. Your claim of him not assisting is utter shite considering he assisted twice last week. This really does prove how clueless you are!

Not quite sure what's in that humble pie you've been eating but it's certainly gone to your head!

Didn't I say the whole team played badly? I singled out Preston,Flannagan, Mantom and Sawyers yet predictably you jumped on the Sawyers comment proving you are obsessed I've already said in recent weeks his performance levels have improved and he's an asset to the club I can admit that, what you can't admit or blindly can't see is that Sawyers has major flaws to be a top player Championship /Premier league you blatantly think he's better than he is and Time will prove this.
By the way the club we support is called Walsall fc not Romain Sawyers fc there are 10 other player's on the pitch you can have an opinion on.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:02 am

otiswfc wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
otiswfc wrote:
scott_powell wrote:

OBSESSED

Didn't I say the whole team played badly? I singled out Preston,Flannagan, Mantom and Sawyers yet predictably you jumped on the Sawyers comment proving you are obsessed I've already said in recent weeks his performance levels have improved and he's an asset to the club I can admit that, what you can't admit or blindly can't see is that Sawyers has major flaws to be a top player Championship /Premier league you blatantly think he's better than he is and Time will prove this.
By the way the club we support is called Walsall fc not Romain Sawyers fc there are 10 other player's on the pitch you can have an opinion on.

It's quite clear that you lack any sort of footballing brain. Just carry on, it's absolute gold!

I refuse to reply to any sort of comment from you now. I don't agree with your opinions and I struggle to understand what you say half the time. I'd probably take you more seriously if you knew how to construct a sentance/paragraph.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:25 am

I don't need to construct a sentence or paragraph together cheap shot only used on here when a nerve has been struck.
You obviously think you are some kind of football genius saying I have now football brain.
The problem with that comment is not one club out of the 44 currently higher than us have ever put in a bid for Sawyers, Bradshaw was heavily linked to Swindon we rejected a bid, Rico was linked to Bristol City so we put him on a contract until 2017, why isn't anyone trying to sign this absolute genius Sawyers you talk of? I know why the 44 club mangers in the leagues above us know why but you clearly don't know why.

Bee_Leevers
UTS Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Very frustrating yesterday, we definitely had too many players having off days and too many miss placed passes didn't help at all. I'd like to defend Flanagan, some people writing him off already, I think Smith is playing him too much due to the lack of options we have in the centre of the park.

No Mantom, no osbourne, Flanagan being used too much isn't helping the situation and Adam Chambers is no spring chicken.

Extremely worried and feel that Smith needs to get a loan player such as Cain/Cuvellier in ASAP. Obviously we can't really on Cook to change a game either so I feel we need a hiwula type player on loan also.

Overall not too concerned about the performance more concerned about our lack of options to cater out current formation. I would personally look at getting Kinsella a game instead of Flanagan in CM.

Also big shout out to everyone in the upper tier today, please come and join us and help get that stand rocking win, lose or draw!

UTS

scott_powell
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:15 pm

otiswfc wrote:I don't need to construct a sentence or paragraph together cheap shot only used on here when a nerve has been struck.
You obviously think you are some kind of football genius saying I have now football brain.
The problem with that comment is not one club out of the 44 currently higher than us have ever put in a bid for Sawyers, Bradshaw was heavily linked to Swindon we rejected a bid, Rico was linked to Bristol City so we put him on a contract until 2017, why isn't anyone trying to sign this absolute genius Sawyers you talk of? I know why the 44 club mangers in the leagues above us know why but you clearly don't know why.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Now now OTIS and SCOTT...your exchanges are getting tedious! However if the Mantom shot which hit the post had gone in following the wonderful back heel from Sawyers then we could all have been spared a lot of "hot air" :D

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:45 pm

bangsection wrote:Just a bad day at the office in my opinion.

Perhaps we should get results on paper and keep away from the office/grass.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:58 pm

otiswfc wrote:I don't need to construct a sentence or paragraph together cheap shot only used on here when a nerve has been struck.

You only need to read other clubs forums to see how EVERY other group of fans rate him. Managers will be thinking exactly the same.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Slightly different situation with Sawyers this season, his contract is up at the end of the season so come January every man and his dog will be able to offer him a deal

Theres certainly going to be a lot of interest in him, but think clubs are keeping their powder dry for now knowing that he'll be available on a free soon. Any club that wants to force the issue can make a cash bid which wouldnt need to be all that large to be accepted.

I don't think we'll know his future til May, I can't see him committng to us unless we get promoted and if he does sign for someone else on a free we won't find out until the end of the season.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season