Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wigan Athletic (A) League One, 3 Oct, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
otherbournemouthsaddler
UTS Regular

Re: Wigan Athletic (A) League One, 3 Oct, 3pm

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Think I'm going to say the same as everyone else. Wigan had some real chances but i left thinking it was 2 points dropped after the red card - which perhaps is an indication of how our expectations have changed. It was my first Walsall match this season - thought Bradshaw did great with very little support but also Sawyers did look dangerous (he will always have his haters though). I did think Lalkovic had a poor game and was out-muscled a fair few times especially in the first half although someone else mentioned it but they did have some monsters at the back.

On the plus side - i never liked Grigg so was nice he didn't get the chance to do his empty seats celebration which he so enjoyed doing at Bescot (there were plenty of those to choose from at Wigan) and it was good to have a beer with old faces and new ones.

Well, some of us were on the beer - Belgian Saddler had to make do with a couple of sparkling waters!

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Was very spare in the wigan ends.

It's a real atmospheric ground though, I bet it's class when close to capacity. Steep stands and almost enclosed corners helps massively. Bit like Preston's gaff.

otherbournemouthsaddler
UTS Regular

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Was very spare in the wigan ends.

It's a real atmospheric ground though, I bet it's class when close to capacity. Steep stands and almost enclosed corners helps massively. Bit like Preston's gaff.

Would be class to film in....

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:44 pm

your welcome for the wheres Richard O'Donnell chant :) and the grigg one went 'go sit with O'Donnell'

class support, as mentioned, junior singing everywhere we go, Is a moment that will make me chuckle whenever I think of it, it was class.

the happiness I felt when that scruffy irish twerp missed a sitter was immense.. shocked it wasn't on the highlights, it was begging to be tapped in.

I said straight away that I thought their red card was harsh, mantom would of took another touch and been very pressured before shooting.

Walsall_Casual
Glitterati

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:48 pm

Entertaining draw played out by two good side. Draw the fair result.

Pleased that Grigg got dogs abuse. All fully deserved in my opinion after his goal celebration last season (where he tried to be little us showing an obvious lack of respect). Particularly disappointing when you consider the support he received during his time with us and minimal reaction following his move.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:45 pm

The Channel 5 reporter who described the game as desperate clearly wasn't at the game. It was a good a 0-0 as you could hope for.

A draw was fair result, they had first half, we had the majority of the second. Poor finishing all round, not least Cooks efforts at the end. Not sure why all of our players are suddenly trying to find the top corner all of a sudden (Bradshaw included). They just need to hit the target and test the keeper instead of blazing over. Grigg's chances were the two best though so we can't complain.

Awful inconsistent refereeing, but that's hardly worth mentioning as it's becoming the norm.

Four points from two away games is excellent.....IF the home games are won and especially the next one.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:41 pm

When Grigg was subbed, it was almost as good as when we broke Tom Eaves.

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Was very spare in the wigan ends.

Yeah exactly what I thought when I went, just retains the noise.

Just goes to prove a lot of it is in the design / acoustics of these new stands & stadia. Evidently a lot of clubs (are own included) don't factor this in at all.

sallian
Glitterati

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Walsall_Casual wrote:Entertaining draw played out by two good side. Draw the fair result.

Pleased that Grigg got dogs abuse. All fully deserved in my opinion after his goal celebration last season (where he tried to be little us showing an obvious lack of respect). Particularly disappointing when you consider the support he received during his time with us and minimal reaction following his move.

Well u have to keep in mind the moronic, psychotic, crazed abuse he got at Brentford a few seasons ago when he wasn't even playing....from a bunch of obnoxious, illiterate low lives in the Walsall end.....so I don't blame him at all....all he ever did was try to play for us and score goals etc...and he got plenty of abuse even when he played for us.... no player has any obligation to give unconditional allegiance and respect to Walsall...especially when some supposed fans are total ****ers to ex-players

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 pm

He's an arrogant twerp who think's he's a hell of a lot better than he actually is.

Good penalty taker if you want one.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season