Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Peterborough United (A) League One, 19th Sept, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Re: Peterborough United (A) League One, 19th Sept, 3pm

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:28 am

philthesaddler wrote:
nickisposh wrote:The sending off was ridiculous. Anderson was return the bottle to the Posh coaching staff. They didn't catch it and it hit a Posh fan. Miles away from the Walsall bench.

Nothing 'ungracious' about it. The decision was absurd.

The ungracious ness was in his reaction, remonstrating with the ref, linesman and fourth official. I hate that aspect of the modern game - you don't see rugby or cricket players arguing in a intimidatory way with officials.

It is sooo rife throughout the game, most particularly at grass roots level.
I gave up reffing when I lived in Yorkshire, I could take the constant abuse from the sidelines, but the intimidation directed at refs by players is abominable.
I was threatened after a match in Dewsbury by two burly brothers, who threatened to have my legs broken if they ever saw me on a football pitch again. They meant it bigtime, I still remember the bruises from that throat grip to this day.
Our only redress to threats such as this, is that they could be 'sent off' (red carded) even after the match, costs them a £25 fine..............wow how frightening for them!
My report went to the Ref committee at the 'Heavy Woollen Gate' League headquarters.......and low and behold the two mental chumps were playing the week afterwards.
Obviously that was when I hung up my whistle for good.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 am

That's terrible AM, no wonder you gave it up.

The problem comes right from the top. Players get away with murder. there should be a zero tolerance attitude to ref abuse, as there is in Rugby.

PT
Site Addict

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm

bangsection wrote:
belgiansaddler wrote:Graham westley :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"My kids don't call me Dad. They call me medal winner."

G. Westley

Now confirmed. :lol: :lol:

Takes me back to the summer of 2012. OPB Episode 1.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:00 pm

nickisposh wrote:The sending off was ridiculous. Anderson was return the bottle to the Posh coaching staff. They didn't catch it and it hit a Posh fan. Miles away from the Walsall bench.

Nothing 'ungracious' about it. The decision was absurd.

The sending off obviously wasn't ridiculous.....Peterborough have appealed against the decision but they have been unsuccessful. Jermaine Anderson's three game ban following his sending off has been upheld.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season