Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Bury (H) League One, 5th September, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
latviancheese
Site Addict

Re: Bury (H) League One, 5th September, 3pm

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Nobody Booed Flanagan off, a bit of an exaggeration.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:09 pm

excessive amounts of bed wetting in this thread.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:12 pm

latviancheese wrote:Nobody Booed Flanagan off, a bit of an exaggeration.

All I heard when he was subbed was clapping.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:22 pm

aaaae wrote:
latviancheese wrote:Nobody Booed Flanagan off, a bit of an exaggeration.

All I heard when he was subbed was clapping.

There was a few sarcastic jeers in the Community stand.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:56 pm

I clapped because he was the only player wearing traditional black boots, which is a dying art these days.

Someone really needs to have a word with super Tom - his pink boots clash terribly with his red socks....

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:37 am

Distinct lack of cocks out in this thread too.

Part time fair weather twangers.

kshammer
Site Addict

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:48 pm

aaaae wrote:I clapped because he was the only player wearing traditional black boots, which is a dying art these days.

Someone really needs to have a word with super Tom - his pink boots clash terribly with his red socks....

I said the same thing to my mate. Flanagan actually looked unusual and that was the sad thing.

Players should wear black boots (with a maximum 3 stripes on them). I'd possibly allow one nominated star player to wear a different colour but only if they maintain their form and they should also all sport large moustaches.

When you see a donkey cente half in fluorescent boots it makes me shudder.
Last edited by kshammer on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:53 pm

kshammer wrote:
aaaae wrote:I clapped because he was the only player wearing traditional black boots, which is a dying art these days.

I said the same thing to my mate. Flanagan actually looked unusual and that was the sad thing.

Players should wear black boots (with a maximum 3 stripes on them). I'd possibly allow one nominated star player to wear a different colour but only if they maintain their form and they should also all support large moustaches.

Perhaps only the MOTM from the previous match should be allowed to wear flashy boots :D

kshammer
Site Addict

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:54 pm

tinned wrote:
kshammer wrote:

Players should wear black boots (with a maximum 3 stripes on them). I'd possibly allow one nominated star player to wear a different colour but only if they maintain their form and they should also all support large moustaches.

Perhaps only the MOTM from the previous match should be allowed to wear flashy boots :D

I like it.

Just the moustaches to go and i'll be happy. :D

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Leatherman wrote:
Big Dave wfc wrote:
Leatherman wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:On another day we probably wouldn't have lost, their keeper sounded like he played a blinder.

Some posts in here crack me up, it's like they're waiting for us to drop right down so they can say I told you so/same old/etc

Any abuse directed towards Flanagan should be minimal, he's come a bloody long way already and has showed his worth so early on. Promising future definitely.

Oh and to finish, we played bury fudge FC a team we never beat at home.

Absolutely agree about Flanagan, he has a bright future ahead of him but yesterday he was very poor and no player should be above criticism, the few jeers I heard when he went off were sickening but I hope they were day trippers coming to get a booking history for the Chelsea game like the 3 sat behind me and they'll soon be back sat in front of skysports again in 2 weeks.

P.s the if keeper did play well but his saves were no 'worldys ' and you would expect any half decent keeper to make those saves.

Just me then that thought he was MoM for the first half? He got stuck in and made a lot of good strong tackles and blocks. One of which left him needing treatment.

Some of his passes went astray, but then again so did Sawyer's.

On the downside, he is brushed easily off the ball sometimes and that needs to be worked on.

And as for those barclays that booed him off... Baa, baaaa, baaaaa, baaaaaaa.

Overall, we lacked the fluidity and inventiveness from earlier games and the successful taking on of defenders which Lalkovic bought to the game. This is almost always guaranteed to open up defences.

Chambers slowed the game up and should have come off earlier.

Bradshaw maybe could have done better with the chance he had at the death and might cast some doubts over his clinical finisher claims. Having said that, he never really got a look in over the other 90minutes.

And, I' still trying to work out why were attempting to put crosses in when the two, streetwise Centre-halls were going to gobble them up all afternoon.

The shots on target for those not at the match, were from outside the box and easy meat for an experienced keeper. But we are at least having a go this season, so that's an improvement on last.

MoM overall was Henry.
Complete Duffer award goes to Forde.

P.S. I noticed that some Yoofs, sat a few rows I front of us watched the whole match leaning on their Kees so far over that the people on either side of them struggled to see the football. Something I spotted at Blackpool the other week.

Is there something wrong with the younger generations' backs that prevents them sitting up straight?

He needed treatment because he never went into the challenge whole hearted! and came out worse for wear because of it, even schoolboys are told to follow through.

Not a fan of his but still agree our fans should not jeer him off it affects and puts pressure on the whole squad doing it.

But he made the challenge and blocked the ball. Following through can get you a yellow or red card. Not sure what coaches would encourage that these days.

you don't have to follow through with a sliding studs up challenge, side of the foot or laces standing tackle will do. keates and oconnor would put their all into a challenge.

SWS1

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Following through a foul? Not according to the Dick Head who refereed the United game last night. Apparently, you can follow through, off the floor, with a shin-high tackle, break your opponent's leg in two places and get - absolutely nothing. The TV flagged up the appropriate rules about reckless and intimidating tackles etc and it was an obvious penalty and sending off; just because you touch the ball in a tackle doesn't mean that all the relevant rules on recklessness and intimidation are suddenly suspended. The Prat Moreno, aided and abetted by the Prat Ref, has now deprived England of the best attacking left back in the country for God knows how long. I'm furious. :evil:

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:09 pm

I couldn't give a shiny cack tbh :lol:

SWS1

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm still disappointed that Shaw won't play for England for a while....
:(

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:57 pm

SWS1 wrote:I'm still disappointed that Shaw won't play for England for a while....
:(

Opportunity for Rico 8)

SWS1

Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Not 'til next year, eh. :wink:

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season