Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Coventry City (H) League One, 22nd August, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Re: Coventry City (H) League One, 22nd August, 3pm

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:20 pm

First time I have ever been asked to move from my usual seat. Reason being: to accommodate the "extra" Coventry fans. At least the Club phoned in advance, were very polite about it and gave me a complimentary programme!

I think we found the solution to the how to create a better atmosphere at the Banks's conundrum:

1) Good quality, attacking football
2) A team playing with confidence and playing attractive football
3) A bigger than average turnout by Walsall fans
4) A large and noisy away crowd - although their "We're top of the League" chants strangely died off in the second half. As did using the same chant in a totally misjudged manner, to say how rubbish (insert much ruder words) we are!! :wink:

Unfair to praise any individual players too much as it was a great team performance but I must say Demetriou is looking a class act. I really liked Purkiss but we look more robust at the back with our new Cypriot/Eastender.

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Quite amusing report from a Coventry perspective.

Again, calls the home support 'largely invisible and silent'. I thought there was a decent atmosphere yesterday, just goes to further reinforce that the noise simply does not carry.

Planning to go again against Brighton - lets make some noise!!!

http://thelonelyseasons.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/were-hit-and-were-sick-of-it-walsall.html

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 am

Thought that report was barclays to be honest.

Trying way to hard to be funny and basically saying everything we did was rubbish. So predictable.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:42 am

Fantastic result, still havent managed to go to a match this season through cricket and work commitments, might stay away permanently at this rate.

I text my mate after the Forest game saying that it was a great result and could be a catalyst for a great season, it seems to have given us confidence.

Hopefully Dean has hit on a winning formula, I have my doubts, but if we're going on a clean slate for this season Dean's on an A- so far.

With confidence high Brighton are there for the taking now!

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:48 am

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:Quite amusing report from a Coventry perspective.

Again, calls the home support 'largely invisible and silent'. I thought there was a decent atmosphere yesterday, just goes to further reinforce that the noise simply does not carry.

Planning to go again against Brighton - lets make some noise!!!

http://thelonelyseasons.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/were-hit-and-were-sick-of-it-walsall.html

I gamely managed 3 paragraphs before I switched off, digital blog diarrhoea at its finest.

Walsall_Casual
Glitterati

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:54 am

Thoroughly enjoyable game. Entertainment value this season compared with previous seasons is remarkable, fair play to the management team and the players. This is entertainment!

It must have been so difficult to call a man of the match on Saturday. Lalkovic, Downing (so improved this season), Chambers, Taylor and Demetriou all a good 9 out of 10.

The offensive qualities of Lalkovic and Demetriou makes such a difference for us, both will be key players this season.

Brilliant.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:54 am

This gave me some time to ponder what the connection is between tiles and turtles. Tilechoice.co.uk sponsor Wasall’s kop and have selected a demented-looking turtle as their brand icon

Is it the fact that its a repTILE tone? On ya bike

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:44 pm

saddlerJP wrote:
This gave me some time to ponder what the connection is between tiles and turtles. Tilechoice.co.uk sponsor Wasall’s kop and have selected a demented-looking turtle as their brand icon

Is it the fact that its a repTILE tone? On ya bike

More like a Tile Rep?

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:48 am

CCFC721 wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:
CCFC721 wrote:Walsall's first goal is offside for me. A Walsall player is clearly interfering with play and limiting the eyeline of Lee Burge.

Coventry's was offside as well for me, all those players in the box were interfering with play and limiting the eyline of Neil Etheridge, offside.

https://twitter.com/deanocity3/status/6 ... 0299080704

That's offside

Turn it up.

kshammer
Site Addict

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:51 am

I hope it was offside.

Offside goals mean the opposition fans hurt that bit more and I like that... alot.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:03 pm

kshammer wrote:I hope it was offside.

Offside goals mean the opposition fans hurt that bit more and I like that... alot.

your cruelty knows no bounds Mr 'omma. :mrgreen:

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season