Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Coventry City (H) League One, 22nd August, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Re: Coventry City (H) League One, 22nd August, 3pm

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 am

Coventry fans - easier to wind up than an alarm clock. Always a sign of a lack of intelligence. It'll be their big day out, and they'll have saved their pennies since the fixtures were out in June to head to any available Wetherspoons.

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:08 pm

bangsection wrote:
CCFC721 wrote:
Biggest attendance v CCFC 12/13
Biggest attendance v CCFC 14/15
Biggest attendance v CCFC 15/16 most likely

The only odd one out is 13/14 where Wolves came down and had about 4,000 fans in a 10,000 attendance? Bet there were a few WBA about too. Actually you are expecting a similar amount of home home fans as you did against Wolves on Saturday.

CCFC - funding Walsall since we came into this division.

Good point. Also, remember when SISU offered us a six figure sum to host your games and because we're a tinpot club with no morals we jumped at the chance to make a fast buck?

Irony - supporting Walsall since ever. It's our best defence against shite.

pumajaguar
UTS Veteran

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:34 pm

kshammer wrote:We must be the only thing Coventry have funded for many a year. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got a bad feeling they will beat us yet again. Should be a good game though. Why not get a bit of a rivalry going between the two clubs, makes things a bit more interesting I say!

CCFC721

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:17 am

pumajaguar wrote:
kshammer wrote:We must be the only thing Coventry have funded for many a year. :lol:

Got a bad feeling they will beat us yet again. Should be a good game though. Why not get a bit of a rivalry going between the two clubs, makes things a bit more interesting I say!

Without being patronising, I doubt any CCFC fans will ever accept Walsall being anything more than a local game and a chance to go to Birmingham on the booze.

It's a bit like Walsall falling down to the conference and suggesting Walsall - Nuneaton should get something going, you'd probably tell them to shut up and inform them it's nothing more than a local game and you have other clubs you care about more.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:13 am

Stop it you lot!

I thought I had overslept into Sunday (and that we had won) when I saw we were on page 3 of the match thread.

pumajaguar
UTS Veteran

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:49 am

CCFC721 wrote:
pumajaguar wrote:

Without being patronising, I doubt any CCFC fans will ever accept Walsall being anything more than a local game and a chance to go to Birmingham on the booze.

It's a bit like Walsall falling down to the conference and suggesting Walsall - Nuneaton should get something going, you'd probably tell them to shut up and inform them it's nothing more than a local game and you have other clubs you care about more.

I don't think you're really in a position to look down on us in that way. You're a lot closer to us, especially with the crowds of 7k you were getting towards the end of last season, than the other clubs you'd consider a rival, all of whom barely give Coventry a second thought.

I'm not suggesting we pretend to hate each other, but may as well enjoy a localish derby for what it is, rather than both sides coming out with this tiresome 'we don't care about you' stuff.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:14 am

CCFC721 wrote:
pumajaguar wrote:

And they say they dont have "big club" syndrome :roll:

CCFC721

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:37 am

....? So because I said there's nothing in the Walsall game whatsoever and it's just a good chance to go Birmingham on the piss, I'm being arrogant?

Ok - here's a scenario. Soulihull Moors get back to back promotions and Walsall stay in League 1 - I'm guessing the majority of your fans would say it's nothing more than a local game, correct? It's not anything in it because the clubs have been divisions apart for most of its history and there's not much history in the fixture. Would Walsall be classed as being arrogant to a smaller club in this case?

Cuzo24
Glitterati

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:44 am

Don't forget it was coventry who plastered 'M6 El Classico ' everywhere last year. They looovvee it really :mrgreen:

CCFC721

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:51 am

Cuzo24 wrote:Don't forget it was coventry who plastered 'M6 El Classico ' everywhere last year. They looovvee it really :mrgreen:

You'll be pleased to know skyblueultra, the guy who makes them posters and videos, will be at the game today and will be asking Walsall fans for predictions before the game for his new video. He usually wears a scarf around his face to protect his identity and wears a white top with Skyblueultra on. I hope it doesn't turn out like his last away game where he got took away by the police for threatening a CCFC fan. He's unbelievable and you won't believe he's a fully grown man when you see him, he's a dad aswell. Imagine having to explain that to your mates.
Last edited by CCFC721 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mrdollabill
UTS Regular

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:52 am

Going to the game today expect a comfortable 3-0 victory to the saddlers, Coventry scrapped a win past crew and we are miles better than crew.

Goals: Sawyers, Bradshaw (2)

Att: 7843

P.s can someone ban "ccfc721" got no idea what he's on about but his comments infuriate me and I don't think this is the place for it. I shouldn't be coming on a match day post and be getting angry at someone who isn't even a fan of our club.

CCFC721

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:57 am

Mrdollabill wrote:Going to the game today expect a comfortable 3-0 victory to the saddlers, Coventry scrapped a win past crew and we are miles better than crew.

P.s can someone ban "ccfc721" got no idea what he's on about but his comments infuriate me and I don't think this is the place for it. I shouldn't be coming on a match day post and be getting angry at someone who isn't even a fan of our club.

:lol: Good logic. Crewe were good to be fair, first goal was a great strike and the second goal was when the whole defence thought it was offside and stopped. We also beat Wigan and Millwall easily - who both have far better players than Walsall. And, scrapped? We had 68% possession, 27 shots, so not too sure what your idea of scrapped is but that definitely isn't scrapped.

And also, Bradford beat Chelsea last year. Bradford will win the league then if they can beat the best team in England. So if they put 4 past Chelsea you'd expect 7-8 against Barnsley today.

Cuzo24
Glitterati

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:02 am

CCFC721 wrote:
Cuzo24 wrote:Don't forget it was coventry who plastered 'M6 El Classico ' everywhere last year. They looovvee it really :mrgreen:

You'll be pleased to know skyblueultra, the guy who makes them posters and videos, will be at the game today and will be asking Walsall fans for predictions before the game for his new video. He usually wears a scarf around his face to protect his identity and wears a white top with Skyblueultra on. I hope it doesn't turn out like his last away game where he got took away by the police for threatening a CCFC fan. He's unbelievable and you won't believe he's a fully grown man when you see him, he's a dad aswell. Imagine having to explain that to your mates.

Oh right...... Looking forward to it today, should be a good game with both teams going for it

Mrdollabill
UTS Regular

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:17 am

CCFC721 wrote:
Mrdollabill wrote:Going to the game today expect a comfortable 3-0 victory to the saddlers, Coventry scrapped a win past crew and we are miles better than crew.

:lol: Good logic. Crewe were good to be fair, first goal was a great strike and the second goal was when the whole defence thought it was offside and stopped. We also beat Wigan and Millwall easily - who both have far better players than Walsall. And, scrapped? We had 68% possession, 27 shots, so not too sure what your idea of scrapped is but that definitely isn't scrapped.

And also, Bradford beat Chelsea last year. Bradford will win the league then if they can beat the best team in England. So if they put 4 past Chelsea you'd expect 7-8 against Barnsley today.

27 shots less than half on target :lol:

CCFC721

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:36 am

Mrdollabill wrote:
CCFC721 wrote:

And we still managed to score 3 goals. You better hope we aren't more clinical today!

Mrdollabill
UTS Regular

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:45 am

CCFC721 wrote:
Mrdollabill wrote:
CCFC721 wrote:

And we still managed to score 3 goals. You better hope we aren't more clinical today!

Anyone would think you wasn't involved in a religation battle last season the way you're going on. Nothing has changed since then, you've just got lucky the first 3 games if you'd had this form for 15 games I'd be worried but I'm not.

CCFC721

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:50 am

Mrdollabill wrote:
CCFC721 wrote:
Mrdollabill wrote:
CCFC721 wrote:

Anyone would think you wasn't involved in a religation battle last season the way you're going on. Nothing has changed since then, you've just got lucky the first 3 games if you'd had this form for 15 games I'd be worried but I'm not.

That was the mess left from Pressley, Mowbray came in and has sorted it out. I'm not sure how you can get lucky for 3 games - luck is a deflection or a referee missing a clear penalty decision. Lucky isn't beating the best team in the league 2-0, going to Millwall and beating them 4-0 and then deservedly beating a well drilled Crewe team who we never beat. Good try though.

Mrdollabill
UTS Regular

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:19 am

Well we'll just have to wait and see then that's all I can say now. On another note Coventry have sold 2200 tickets for today

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:38 pm

CCFC721 wrote:....? So because I said there's nothing in the Walsall game whatsoever and it's just a good chance to go Birmingham on the piss, I'm being arrogant?

Ok - here's a scenario. Soulihull Moors get back to back promotions and Walsall stay in League 1 - I'm guessing the majority of your fans would say it's nothing more than a local game, correct? It's not anything in it because the clubs have been divisions apart for most of its history and there's not much history in the fixture. Would Walsall be classed as being arrogant to a smaller club in this case?

Yes, we would be classed that way. And, on the contrary, I'm particularly anticipating our games with Burton more than most, and the geographical proximity is a big part of this. Burton are historically smaller than us, but as things stand we're at the same level on merit.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Starting line-up against Coventry City:

Etheridge

Demetriou
Downing
O'Connor
Taylor

Chambers
Lalkovic
Mantom
Sawyers

Forde
Bradshaw

Substitutes:
MacGillivray
Baxendale
Henry
Preston
Flanagan
Morris
Cook

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Elsewhere.......

Early goal at Gresty Road, where it's Crewe Alexandra 1 Bury 0

...and Craig Westcarr scores for Mansfield Town

Substitution at Bescot after 6 minutes - Jacob Murphy on for James Maddison (injury)

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:21 pm

17 minutes - a Milan Lalkovic shot hits the post....... :shock:

(Edit....and England are 99 for 3, still hundreds behind) :roll:

Re-edit - Bury have equalised at Crewe, so all league One games are still all square !!

Not for long though, we now have Fleetwood 1 Colchester United 0, then a quick double-up to 2-0...

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Port Vale 1 Doncaster Rovers 0 (34 min)

Sounds very even at Bescot - 5 shots each, 2 shots on target for each, 4 fouls each,

Crwho 2 Bury 1 now

Burton Albion 1 Peterborough United 0 pushes us down to 4th place in the table.

Gillingham 1 Wigan Athletic 0

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Get in Saddlers

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:42 pm

FORDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 to the super Saddlers :D :D :D

Automatic promotion place (if only very briefly!!!)

George Bowerman scores for Altrincham....

Crewe and Bury all square again - it's 2-2 now.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:02 pm

A half-time comment on the main Coventry fans' message board "We're 2nd best and lucky to be only one down".

Now THAT I like, just hope we can hold out and not gift them an equaliser like we did to Oldham Athletic!!!

Elsewhere, early in the second half - Fleetwood 3 Colchester 0, and Port Vale 2 Doncaster Rovers 0

Oldham 1 Sloppies 0 - this puts Shrewsbury bottom of the table

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:13 pm

we are going up say we are going up

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:13 pm

SUPER TOM !!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-0 to the Super soaraway Saddlers :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:14 pm

It`s that man Bradshaw 2.0 to the super saddlers. What`s Smith been feeding them on this year!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:15 pm

CCFC721 wrote:Without being patronising, I doubt any CCFC fans will ever accept Walsall being anything more than a local game and a chance to go to Birmingham on the booze.

:D

Registers 5 days before said 'nothing' game and quickly submits 24 posts explaining why it means nothing, absolutely nothing.... :D

here's a scenario. Soulihull Moors get back to back promotions and Walsall stay in League 1 - I'm guessing the majority of your fans would say it's nothing more than a local game, correct? It's not anything in it because the clubs have been divisions apart for most of its history and there's not much history in the fixture. Would Walsall be classed as being arrogant to a smaller club in this case?

Here's another 'scenario'. Coventry never make it back into the top flight, and CCFC721 spends his days registering on Solihull Moors fan sites to explain why they are irrelevant. Teams are in their divisions on merit, and any fan with their head in or around planet earth knows that they are to be respected - pending a huge bite in the backside.

Come back when you are Barcelona. :idea:

PreviousNext
Return to 2015-16 Season