Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

West Bromwich Albion (H) friendly Tuesday 28 July, 7.30pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 3rd in League 1
Forum rules
Be nice or face the consequences
SWS1

Re: West Bromwich Albion (H) friendly Tuesday 28 July, 7.30p

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:56 am

Wragbyred wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:
newjersey exile wrote:I just watched the E&S posted highlights.

Does anyone else think Mcgavillray (right spelling? dunno!) was at fault for both goals? Could he have come out a bit more? Or is it just the viewing angle? Or just bad luck?

If you were at the game last night and had a better view or have a better perspective - Thoughts?

I think that's harsh, it was absolutely fizzed in and Downing missed the near post clearance both times.

Agree there Jonny, to me, crosses like those two should always be dealt with by the centre halves, the keeper risks losing his head going for balls like that.
The worrying thing is the ease that the crosses got there in the first place, admittedly these were Premiership players, but I seem to remember there were a few like that against Brissle in the 8-2?

And their first reminded me of the one Brizzle scored against us at Wembley: by-line followed by near post flick.

Previous
Return to 2015-16 Season