Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Crawley Town (H) League One 14th Apr, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
sid swifty
Glitterati

Re: Crawley Town (H) League One 14th Apr, 7.45pm

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:28 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Can we change this forum to 'match reports and over-reactions' ??

I expected us to lose at Wembley, and so did the bookies. It reminded me a lot of the 2-0 loss at Blues in the Championship. I know some people were saying Walsall 1-0, and if we'd have got to 70 mins without conceding, then we might well have done.

The guy that ran the show was their little midfielder, Newman, who got the cross over for the 2nd goal. We really didn't have answer. But like I said, that's football.

I wonder if Bradford have 'shamed the name of Bradford City' by losing 6-0 at home to the same team?

Well apparently I'm allowed to comment on this game because i went.....so,in my humble opinion the team(and manager) shamed the name of the club and the town,which is why since Wembley the crowds have gone down meaning that not only did they not tempt any of the 25,000 floating fans/part time fans or glory hunters to go to a league match they lost some of their own "loyal fans" along the way,BRILLIANT!!!

tipton saddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Walsallone wrote:You can have opinions without going to matches. I have opinions on lots of things I don't witness but how valid can they be? I perhaps went a little over the top with Sid but I get really annoyed with folk who come and express opinions to me about particular games when they haven't attended. They don't know how we played,the strength of the opposition,the state of the pitch ,the referee etc. One other point I never comment on a match I haven't seen other than to say,occasionally,that was a good point or two. UTS

Same here i have opinions on stuff but tend to keep them too myself if i dont know the full picture. Opinions are much like arseholes, everyone has one, its just that some people air their arsehole when they should really keep their pants on :mrgreen:

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Can we change this forum to 'match reports and over-reactions' ??

I expected us to lose at Wembley, and so did the bookies. It reminded me a lot of the 2-0 loss at Blues in the Championship. I know some people were saying Walsall 1-0, and if we'd have got to 70 mins without conceding, then we might well have done.

The guy that ran the show was their little midfielder, Newman, who got the cross over for the 2nd goal. We really didn't have answer. But like I said, that's football.

I wonder if Bradford have 'shamed the name of Bradford City' by losing 6-0 at home to the same team?

Luke Freeman :mrgreen: But you are right he was getting behind Mantom & Chambers all day. He's a quality player.

He signed for Bristol City for a six figure fee from Stevenage and having the ability to sign players like Freeman is the reason Bristol City are promoted, nothing to do with the relative merits of Cotterill and Smith.

People getting all hot and bothered because we can't compete with teams spending millions on players is a waste of their energy. Blaming Smith for it is daft.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm

tipton saddler wrote:
Walsallone wrote:You can have opinions without going to matches. I have opinions on lots of things I don't witness but how valid can they be? I perhaps went a little over the top with Sid but I get really annoyed with folk who come and express opinions to me about particular games when they haven't attended. They don't know how we played,the strength of the opposition,the state of the pitch ,the referee etc. One other point I never comment on a match I haven't seen other than to say,occasionally,that was a good point or two. UTS

Same here i have opinions on stuff but tend to keep them too myself if i dont know the full picture. Opinions are much like arseholes, everyone has one, its just that some people air their arsehole when they should really keep their pants on :mrgreen:

You're not allowed an opinion on Walsall because you are from Tipton,is that what you mean..... :roll:

tipton saddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:58 pm

sid swifty wrote:
tipton saddler wrote:

You're not allowed an opinion on Walsall because you are from Tipton,is that what you mean..... :roll:

Lol getting personal now is it. Well listen you thick fudge and i will spell it out for you. Attend games and you will have a valid opinion. Cant make it anymore simple can i. Your in walsall ffs get off your arse and go to the match. I work, have 3 kids and still go to almost every home game and buy a season ticket without fail every year. Whats your excuse?

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:30 pm

sid swifty wrote:
tipton saddler wrote:

You can have an opinion on Walsall games no matter whether you have been or not.

But your opinion will mean naff all if you haven't gone, as it will be misinformed.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:31 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:
sid swifty wrote:
tipton saddler wrote:

You can have an opinion on Walsall games no matter whether you have been or not.

But your opinion will mean naff all if you haven't gone, as it will be misinformed.

How about if you listen on Sadsworld - does that count?

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:41 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:
sid swifty wrote:
tipton saddler wrote:

How about if you listen on Sadsworld - does that count?

It counts for half :mrgreen:

kshammer
Site Addict

Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Of course you can have an opinion if you don't go but it's about being sensible with them. If I didn't go regularly I'd still post opinions but I'd be careful not to go over the top as you just end up looking somewhere between ill informed and an idiot.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:47 pm

I find that any opinion carries more weight if you experienced something first hand before voicing it.

That is all.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Leatherman wrote:I find that any opinion carries more weight if you experienced something first hand before voicing it.

That is all.

I don't. Having witnessed the same events as others, it is clearly not the case. This message board is evidence of that :D :wink:

Too many lunatics and dimwits (and in the case of football) , pissheads walking the planet, unfortunately.

sid swifty
Glitterati

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:23 pm

tipton saddler wrote:
sid swifty wrote:
tipton saddler wrote:

Lol getting personal now is it. Well listen you thick fudge and i will spell it out for you. Attend games and you will have a valid opinion. Cant make it anymore simple can i. Your in walsall ffs get off your arse and go to the match. I work, have 3 kids and still go to almost every home game and buy a season ticket without fail every year. Whats your excuse?

Sorry but you have a really THICK Tipton accent pal,can't understand what you're trying to say,can you speak a bit slower.

UTS Legend

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:11 am

sid swifty wrote:

...since Wembley the crowds have gone down meaning that not only did they not tempt any of the 25,000 floating fans/part time fans or glory hunters to go to a league match they lost some of their own "loyal fans" along the way,BRILLIANT!!!

Absolutely! I certainly haven't been back since Wembley, and neither has Exile, I bet.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:35 am

chestersaddler wrote:
Leatherman wrote:I find that any opinion carries more weight if you experienced something first hand before voicing it.

That is all.

I don't. Having witnessed the same events as others, it is clearly not the case. This message board is evidence of that :D :wink:

Too many lunatics and dimwits (and in the case of football) , pissheads walking the planet, unfortunately.

fudge me! So Sallian is right? :? :wink: :mrgreen:

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season