Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chesterfield (A) League One Mar 28th 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Re: Chesterfield (A) League One Mar 28th 3pm

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:48 am

IHTC. wrote:
Leatherman wrote:I'm going to stay positive:
- supporters? Great and deserve better.
- somebody at the club must have Alan Buckley's telephone number.

That is all.

Buckley? ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He would have to be desperate for work to accept a job off WFC, he's still quite bitter towards the people who run the club.

The club has a half million windfall to help sweeten his views.

So who's still at the club from his last tenure?

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 am

Andy_Petterson wrote:
Sadders wrote:I'll give my match reports in short bullet points.

- How can the likes of Chambers/Taylor/Mantom/Bax/Purkiss/Chambers be the same lads that left me buzzing with pride after Molinuex 20 months back?

- Smith won't play 4-4-2 ever again. We look weak in midfield when we do.

- For the first time ever, we don't look a team under Smith. Today and in recent weeks has been 10 outfield strangers. The best term I can think of is 'cohesion'. We lack it, severely at the moment. Be it confidence. Be it form. Not sure, but the flowing football of old has evaporated, today we didn't pass it on the floor once.

- We would be 10 points better off with Andy Butler. People said we wouldn't miss him. Clueless bafoons. He won 95% of aerial battles, he lead the team, sometimes with posture, sometimes with mouth, mostly with attitude - but it set the tone. Chambers as captain? I've never seen an ounce of emotion on either of their faces. Neither do enough, neither are captain material. Bin Adam especially.

- Sawyers isn't perfect, but Smith has built his team around him. Our entire team is slow, weak and not up for a physical battle. Both wingers lack pace and when they can't skin a man, they cut inside and look for Sawyers, they did it today, but with no Sawyers there we had nobody to hold it. He has bad days, but Sawyers is the core of any ball retention high up the pitch we have and without him, we are much worse. It's no coincidence that at Oldham away, Scunthorpe away and today we had nothing up top, played 4-4-2 in each game and got battered.

- ALL of our outfield attacking players are 'summer' players. When we are 2-0 up and dominating a game...they are fantastic...when we go behind, need to work hard, need to tackle or track a man, put a foot in during a 50-50 they are...nowhere. Cook/Forde/Bax/Benning/Flanagan/Sawyers to a degree.

- Purkiss, half the player recently. Andy Taylor? The rarest thing I've seen happen in a Walsall shirt. A great player 6 months ago. I'd drop him for Rico Henry if he was fit now. Adam Chambers? Our inspiring all action leader? No, just no. Cook today, abhorrent. Weak, not up for it, just down right dire. Forde, anonymous, poor defensively.

- The game itself? Chesterfield played well, but we defended well. However, the sheer volume of crosses and corners were going to lead to something eventually. Truth is, they were nice and pretty bit toothless, like we are so often. Butler smashes that corner clear. Does ROD have glue in his boots when the ball leaves the ground? We deserved a point but our attacking game was dire. We got over-run and didn't win a single second ball ALL afternoon. We improved when Smith went 4-5-1 with Cain - Mantom - Flanagan. I'd play that permanently from now on, stick Sawyers behind Hiwula and Bradshaw. Baxendale needs binning, he's pathetic.

- I could handle the defeats early in the season, regardless of results, some of the performances were decent and our team was just gelling together. The last 5 games I've seen, to me look like the result of a team who can't motivate themselves or aren't being motivated sufficiently by a 'soft' manager. If Smith thought today was good, I'm actually becoming genuinely concerned that he's probably relaying that to the dressing room, at which point our players think today and recent weeks have been acceptable. That's critically, totally wrong. Lacking cohesion, lacking fighters, lacking physical presence. We have a squad of nice possession players..nice Summer players. They aren't up for a relegation battle. I'm telling you right now.

My 20/1 with Bet 365, dropped nicely to 14/1 today... Any takers yet?

I can firmly say, from 100% stoichly in the Smith camp..I am teetering this evening. For the first time ever. Please repay my faith Dean as this would honestly be, the most unnecessary relegation in League 1 and Walsall FC history. It really is, just needless.

Given we are the 2nd lowest scorers in the division, how would you describe those who said we wouldn't miss Craig Westcarr who scored and assisted around 30 goals last season?

Correct.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 am

So we sack a man who is trying to take the club forward (admittedly struggling) and replace him with a 64 year old who managed us 30 years ago and is currently the manager of Grimsby Town's under 17's.

I love UTS, it is mental :D

TheGilbertAlsop
UTS Regular

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:12 am

We should replace Dean Smith with Barry Manilow. I am a fan of Barry and have never really took to Smith.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:37 am

Leatherman wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
Leatherman wrote:I'm going to stay positive:
- supporters? Great and deserve better.
- somebody at the club must have Alan Buckley's telephone number.

That is all.

Buckley? ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He would have to be desperate for work to accept a job off WFC, he's still quite bitter towards the people who run the club.

The club has a half million windfall to help sweeten his views.

So who's still at the club from his last tenure?

Nothing to do with his last tenure.

He is still very unhappy with not even receiving an acknowledgement (thanks but no thanks) of his application to manage WFC not so long ago and also I believe the club were not very forthcoming when he asked if he could do a book signing at the club which is why he ended up at the Saddlers Cub.

MPSADDLER
UTS Regular

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 am

chestersaddler wrote:So we sack a man who is trying to take the club forward (admittedly struggling) and replace him with a 64 year old who managed us 30 years ago and is currently the manager of Grimsby Town's under 17's.

Well at least he is suggesting somebody with football management experience to replace Smith. I would take a punt on the nearest man/woman/child/animal to have more of an idea than this useless, clueless, incredibly thick idiot!

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 am

MPSADDLER wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:So we sack a man who is trying to take the club forward (admittedly struggling) and replace him with a 64 year old who managed us 30 years ago and is currently the manager of Grimsby Town's under 17's.

Well at least he is suggesting somebody with football management experience to replace Smith. I would take a punt on the nearest man/woman/child/animal to have more of an idea than this useless, clueless, incredibly thick idiot!

The conditions on the day he was born was not to his mothers liking, the hospital bed was abit lumpy)
Last edited by IHTC. on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 am

MPSADDLER wrote:

Thank goodness you won't have a say in the decision in that case :wink:

Shame you have to resort to personal insults towards a man who wants the same as us.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:47 am

chestersaddler wrote:
MPSADDLER wrote:

Shame you have to resort to personal insults towards a man who wants the same as us.

I am sure CH wanted the same as us but we still called him Dogface, so why is Dumbo immune to such criticism?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:48 am

IHTC. wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
MPSADDLER wrote:

I am sure CH wanted the same as us but we still called him Dogface, so why is Dumbo immune to such criticism?

I didn't call him Dogface. And calling Smith Dumbo or an incredibly thick idiot is not criticism, it is abuse.

paddy
UTS Veteran

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:57 am

People going on about westcarr & he can't even get in the Portsmouth team. The position westcarr played, is not the issue within the team. It's 5 or 6 other positions that need looking at

I'd bring in Gary Johnson to replace Smith. Ok this season didn't go well for him at Yeovil, but we don't know the reasons, but he did take Yeovil up on a small budget & has the experience

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am

chestersaddler wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
MPSADDLER wrote:

I didn't call him Dogface. And calling Smith Dumbo or an incredibly thick idiot is not criticism, it is abuse.

Some would say the football we play is abusive to the fans

MPSADDLER
UTS Regular

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:07 am

chestersaddler wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
MPSADDLER wrote:

Fact is fact, it can never be abusive. If you want evidence, just ask and i will prepare a monologue.

PT
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:08 am

chestersaddler wrote:So we sack a man who is trying to take the club forward (admittedly struggling)

I don't really get how is trying to take the club forward. On the playing side this will be another season where we finish lower than we did the season before. Much like the season ticket literature which tried to tell me that we were making "steady progress" on the pitch. It's just fabrication and spin.

If the progress is about bringing kids through then both Benning and Baxendale both demonstrated yesterday that Smith is as likely to ruin you than make you by playing you out of position and undermining your confidence.

I really enjoyed Smiths first two and a half seasons and I'd have backed him to the hilt at that time. But much like Graydon and Lee, even managers that have given you some great times reach a "sell by date" at some point where it has all gone a bit stale. We're beyond that point with Smith, he's taking us back to exactly where he found us, scrapping for our third division lives. When he found us though, he quickly got some loan signing in to freshen us up. We've sleep walked through the latest window meaning what we have is all we'll have to see us through the battle. It might just be good enough, it might not but either way we're going backwards very quickly.

Results have got worse and our style is now horrible. Two or three years ago we were the toast of the division with our flair and guile, which whilst not always returning results was a joy to watch at times. Fans and managers of other sides now describe us in a very different way. Look at what Keith Hill said in last week's Wembley programme. It's all "difficult to break down/two banks of four/well organised" stuff. I'm not sure that these thing were at the heart of the philosophy when Smith broke out the flip-charts three or four years ago but that's where we've ended up. And it is horrible, really horrible to watch.

I've renewed my ST and I'll travel all over the shop again next year to watch us regardless of the division. In return, all I want is to see eleven blokes giving their all and us attacking the opposition with some purpose and intent. Not a great deal to ask to be honest. But I think the team have a far better chance of holding up their end of the bargain under a different manager and the quicker that comes about the better.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:16 am

PT wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:So we sack a man who is trying to take the club forward (admittedly struggling)

I don't really get how is trying to take the club forward. On the playing side this will be another season where we finish lower than we did the season before. Much like the season ticket literature which tried to tell me that we were making "steady progress" on the pitch. It's just fabrication and spin.

If the progress is about bringing kids through then both Benning and Baxendale both demonstrated yesterday that Smith is as likely to ruin you than make you by playing you out of position and undermining your confidence.

I really enjoyed Smiths first two and a half seasons and I'd have backed him to the hilt at that time. But much like Graydon and Lee, even managers that have given you some great times reach a "sell by date" at some point where it has all gone a bit stale. We're beyond that point with Smith, he's taking us back to exactly where he found us, scrapping for our third division lives. When he found us though, he quickly got some loan signing in to freshen us up. We've sleep walked through the latest window meaning what we have is all we'll have to see us through the battle. It might just be good enough, it might not but either way we're going backwards very quickly.

Results have got worse and our style is now horrible. Two or three years ago we were the toast of the division with our flair and guile, which whilst not always returning results was a joy to watch at times. Fans and managers of other sides now describe us in a very different way. Look at what Keith Hill said in last week's Wembley programme. It's all "difficult to break down/two banks of four/well organised" stuff. I'm not sure that these thing were at the heart of the philosophy when Smith broke out the flip-charts three or four years ago but that's where we've ended up. And it is horrible, really horrible to watch.

I've renewed my ST and I'll travel all over the shop again next year to watch us regardless of the division. In return, all I want is to see eleven blokes giving their all and us attacking the opposition with some purpose and intent. Not a great deal to ask to be honest. But I think the team have a far better chance of holding up their end of the bargain under a different manager and the quicker that comes about the better.

I do not disagree with that at all, PT. My point was that he is TRYING to take the club forward. He is a hard working guy that is clearly struggling.

People should criticise by all means, but for me, there is no place for personnel abuse towards the manager from supporters.

Andy_Petterson
Glitterati

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:24 am

paddy wrote:People going on about westcarr & he can't even get in the Portsmouth team. The position westcarr played, is not the issue within the team. It's 5 or 6 other positions that need looking at

I'd bring in Gary Johnson to replace Smith. Ok this season didn't go well for him at Yeovil, but we don't know the reasons, but he did take Yeovil up on a small budget & has the experience

I'm not saying bring back Westcarr, but at least we always had a 'presence' in the opposition half with him. Grigg to a certain extent too.

Having them occupied the opposition defence, giving our more creative players chance to create and score. Such players seemed to be undervalued by some of our fans. That is the point I was making.

Manset was meant to do this role, sadly he was just a mercenary. I don't miss him.

Is Akinfenwa available? :wink:

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:25 am

chestersaddler wrote:
PT wrote:

I do not disagree with that at all, PT. My point was that he is TRYING to take the club forward. He is a hard working guy that is clearly struggling.

People should criticise by all means, but for me, there is no place for personnel abuse towards the manager from supporters.

Just want to ask this genuine question, Was you vocal against the abuse CH received?

PT
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:29 am

chestersaddler wrote:

I agree, it shouldn't become personal, but there is a line somewhere. Dumbo is probably just the wrong side but not too far over it. I'd say he comes close to fulfilling the oft used definition of "stupidity" I.e doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Andy_Petterson
Glitterati

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:30 am

Andy_Petterson wrote:
paddy wrote:People going on about westcarr & he can't even get in the Portsmouth team. The position westcarr played, is not the issue within the team. It's 5 or 6 other positions that need looking at

I'm not saying bring back Westcarr, but at least we always had a 'presence' in the opposition half with him. Grigg to a certain extent too.

Having them occupied the opposition defence, giving our more creative players chance to create and score. Such players seemed to be undervalued by some of our fans. That is the point I was making.

Manset was meant to do this role, sadly he was just a mercenary. I don't miss him.

Is Akinfenwa available? :wink:

Just to add, I think I'm doing Westcarr and Grigg a disservice there. I think they are better footballers than just 'battering rams'.

I do think we lack a physical presence up front.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 am

IHTC. wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
PT wrote:

Just want to ask this genuine question, Was you vocal against the abuse CH received?

Yes, in the same way as now. I don't get it. Criticism by all means, but not abuse. The Manager is trying to do the right thing for the club that I support. Just because it is not working out doesn't make me feel the need to abuse the manager.

Other managers/ clubs/ fans are fair game :D

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:00 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
PT wrote:

Yes, in the same way as now. I don't get it. Criticism by all means, but not abuse. The Manager is trying to do the right thing for the club that I support. Just because it is not working out doesn't make me feel the need to abuse the manager.

You're right, I'm a very sensible person (believe it or not) but I do let myself down sometimes and then feel ashamed.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:17 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
PT wrote:

Except Mersescum. He wasn't trying his hardest (apart from trying hardest to kill the club).

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Do you really believe that Tinned? Yes he caused serious damage to the club but I believe that in his mind he was trying to succeed.

Bonser appointed Merson, a man known to be mentally ill with addiction problems. No real surprise it ended in tears. Pity it took Bonser so long to take the required action.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Taking training through his car window whilst sitting on the car park.

Lumping mossive amounts on Walsall beating Slough and then deciding the tactics based on that bet.

Leading our younger players astray with a drinking culture.

Ostracising certain players (i.e. Roper) for not having anything to do with the above.

Trying to get rid of Dann on a free.

Talking down the transfer fee we would require to sell Fryatt.

The evidence is there. And to think some Walsall fans defended him to the hilt :roll:

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:59 pm

TheGilbertAlsop wrote:We should replace Dean Smith with Barry Manilow. I am a fan of Barry and have never really took to Smith.

Could it be magic? :wink:

PT
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Unfortunately, sometimes our board doesn't wake up until it gets a bit ugly.

I remember several pleas of poverty then a big demo and suddenly we found the cash to sign someone of the calibre of Louie Donowa. I believe that the board only acted when they did on Hutchings, Merson and Barnwell because despair turned into outright and yes, abuse. They only began sitting down and talking to fans after the Unity/Cyprus flags/freedom of speech stuff.

I'm not saying it is right, but if everyone stays quiet and polite the board takes that as a "the punters are content" signal. The further away from quiet and polite the fans get, the more likely the board is to take action before they themselves become the target.

I'd hate for Smith's tenure to end amongst the vitriolic scenes of the other managers I've mentioned. He deserves better than that, they as human beings also deserved better than that, but if board continue to employ somebody who has obviously lost the club then it does kind of become inevitable and unfortunately "part of the territory".

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:25 pm

This is a really good post imo, I don't agree with all the points on here but plenty to debate. It's certainly better than Ancient Moaner's we are all doomed, we should get refunds and will be in the Conference North within two seasons type musings.

Sadders wrote:I'll give my match reports in short bullet points.

- How can the likes of Chambers/Taylor/Mantom/Bax/Purkiss/Chambers be the same lads that left me buzzing with pride after Molinuex 20 months back?

Chambers twins are 18 months older and tbh it's showing now. I would be disappointed if in a years time both are regulars, no problem with either as cover. From being one of the best LBs around at this level, Taylor certainly dosen't look himself, injuries could well have knackered him. Mantom's only just back so give him time, Bax is a lost cause and I like Purkiss but he's your bog standard league 1 players so will look good some days and rubbish the others.

- Smith won't play 4-4-2 ever again. We look weak in midfield when we do.

Interesting point. I'd look to take out the wide players tbh and go 4-3-1-2 so you can still play Sawyers with two strikers and have three central midfielders although this isn't the best stage of the season to start doing formation changes

- For the first time ever, we don't look a team under Smith. Today and in recent weeks has been 10 outfield strangers. The best term I can think of is 'cohesion'. We lack it, severely at the moment. Be it confidence. Be it form. Not sure, but the flowing football of old has evaporated, today we didn't pass it on the floor once.

There does seem to be a set of staleness creeping into the club, wether it's the players just bored by the same voice they've heard for the last 4 years I dunno or the spirit has been fractured as we heard from the dissent last week.

- We would be 10 points better off with Andy Butler. People said we wouldn't miss him. Clueless bafoons. He won 95% of aerial battles, he lead the team, sometimes with posture, sometimes with mouth, mostly with attitude - but it set the tone. Chambers as captain? I've never seen an ounce of emotion on either of their faces. Neither do enough, neither are captain material. Bin Adam especially.

Disagree, the only time we've missed Butler this season was at Wembley last week, that sort of game and occasion would've been made for him. It's worth remembering though this season he was part of a defence that shipped 4 at Rochdale and last season the team finished shipping plenty of goals with him in it so I think that's a very sentimental view as much as he was brilliant for the club. The defence is still one of the best 6 in the league let's not forget.

- Sawyers isn't perfect, but Smith has built his team around him. Our entire team is slow, weak and not up for a physical battle. Both wingers lack pace and when they can't skin a man, they cut inside and look for Sawyers, they did it today, but with no Sawyers there we had nobody to hold it. He has bad days, but Sawyers is the core of any ball retention high up the pitch we have and without him, we are much worse. It's no coincidence that at Oldham away, Scunthorpe away and today we had nothing up top, played 4-4-2 in each game and got battered.

As we see with his thread, Sawyers divides opinion probably like no other player currently in the squad.

- ALL of our outfield attacking players are 'summer' players. When we are 2-0 up and dominating a game...they are fantastic...when we go behind, need to work hard, need to tackle or track a man, put a foot in during a 50-50 they are...nowhere. Cook/Forde/Bax/Benning/Flanagan/Sawyers to a degree.

I agree with this, when the going gets tough and you need to dig in and battle and scrap in games a lot go missing.

- Purkiss, half the player recently. Andy Taylor? The rarest thing I've seen happen in a Walsall shirt. A great player 6 months ago. I'd drop him for Rico Henry if he was fit now. Adam Chambers? Our inspiring all action leader? No, just no. Cook today, abhorrent. Weak, not up for it, just down right dire. Forde, anonymous, poor defensively.

- The game itself? Chesterfield played well, but we defended well. However, the sheer volume of crosses and corners were going to lead to something eventually. Truth is, they were nice and pretty bit toothless, like we are so often. Butler smashes that corner clear. Does ROD have glue in his boots when the ball leaves the ground? We deserved a point but our attacking game was dire. We got over-run and didn't win a single second ball ALL afternoon. We improved when Smith went 4-5-1 with Cain - Mantom - Flanagan. I'd play that permanently from now on, stick Sawyers behind Hiwula and Bradshaw. Baxendale needs binning, he's pathetic.

As I've said countless times league one on the whole is bog standard. Chesterfield have actually had a really good season, newly promoted and only two points off the top 6 but in the two games there's hardly been anything between the top teams and indeed you could probably put a cigarette paper between 15 teams in this division. The worry is the poor run is starting to form in the run in.

- I could handle the defeats early in the season, regardless of results, some of the performances were decent and our team was just gelling together. The last 5 games I've seen, to me look like the result of a team who can't motivate themselves or aren't being motivated sufficiently by a 'soft' manager. If Smith thought today was good, I'm actually becoming genuinely concerned that he's probably relaying that to the dressing room, at which point our players think today and recent weeks have been acceptable. That's critically, totally wrong. Lacking cohesion, lacking fighters, lacking physical presence. We have a squad of nice possession players..nice Summer players. They aren't up for a relegation battle. I'm telling you right now.

My 20/1 with Bet 365, dropped nicely to 14/1 today... Any takers yet?

No. 4 points from Crawley and Notts County games will probably be enough on its own. It's long odds for a reason.

I can firmly say, from 100% stoichly in the Smith camp..I am teetering this evening. For the first time ever. Please repay my faith Dean as this would honestly be, the most unnecessary relegation in League 1 and Walsall FC history. It really is, just needless.

I was very close to being in the Smith out club with those back to back defeats to Crawley and Crewe in October but results picked up for three months afterwards. Now to me it's important the team finish the season strongly at least as another limp finish and yes I can understand why people would want a change in the summer even if I wouldn't be quite in that group just yet.

pumajaguar
UTS Veteran

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Relegation or not, I'm starting to think Dean Smith's time as Walsall manager may have run it's course.

Two straight seasons of dull football with barley any goals scored. We are now in the midst of yet another protracted run of terrible form.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:36 pm

PT wrote:Unfortunately, sometimes our board doesn't wake up until it gets a bit ugly.

I remember several pleas of poverty then a big demo and suddenly we found the cash to sign someone of the calibre of Louie Donowa. I believe that the board only acted when they did on Hutchings, Merson and Barnwell because despair turned into outright and yes, abuse. They only began sitting down and talking to fans after the Unity/Cyprus flags/freedom of speech stuff.

I'm not saying it is right, but if everyone stays quiet and polite the board takes that as a "the punters are content" signal. The further away from quiet and polite the fans get, the more likely the board is to take action before they themselves become the target.

I'd hate for Smith's tenure to end amongst the vitriolic scenes of the other managers I've mentioned. He deserves better than that, they as human beings also deserved better than that, but if board continue to employ somebody who has obviously lost the club then it does kind of become inevitable and unfortunately "part of the territory".

Again very good post. As much as Cully will holding street parties around the Beechdale when he eventually leaves, I can't believe the vast majority of Walsall fans won't wish him well.

For the miraculous great escape, for some fantastic football inspired by Pato, Grigg and Brandy between January-May 2013, for winning at Molineux, for at least getting the club to Wembley, yes there's been some good points in his reign. Probably not as good as Money but then he had a lower base to start off with in league two so could generate some momentum that way.

For a club that spends it's existance permanently in mid table with an odd relegation or promotion here and there it shouldn't just be discussed as not good enough when the entire history suggests it probably is.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:30 pm

pumajaguar wrote:... with barley any goals scored.

I don't think that this is the place for corny jokes! :D

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season