Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

M K Dons (H) League One 14th March, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
SaddlerCrewe
Glitterati

Re: M K Dons (H) League One 14th March, 3pm

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Adam Chambers' effort cleared off the line

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Attendance slightly less than Wembley........ 3,887

Adam Chambers booked, 64 min

UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Attendance slightly less than Wembley........ 3,887

Pathetic.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

I'm not sure why you thought it would be any different. There is very rarely a 'Wembley Bounce' at any club.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

Looks like about 600 Dongs here. First time they came here they had less than 50. Home attendance is pee poor.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Super Gabor wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

Looks like about 600 Dongs here. First time they came here they had less than 50. Home attendance is pee poor.

473 Dongas, SG, making 3,414 Saddlers. Slightly below average in terms of home support, but as you say, pee poor in the scheme of things.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Substitution..... Anthony Forde on for Jordy Hiwula 73 min

UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:36 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

I'm not sure why you thought it would be any different. There is very rarely a 'Wembley Bounce' at any club.

See above

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:37 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
Super Gabor wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

473 Dongas, SG, making 3,414 Saddlers. Slightly below average in terms of home support, but as you say, pee poor in the scheme of things.

Looks lower nos Saddlers than that . This could go either way.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Guest wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

See above

Our support is generally poor, Guest. A Wembley trip will make no difference to that in the short term. Some decent, sustained home form and a top 8 place just might move the crowd figures along a bit.

UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:44 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
Guest wrote:
BathSaddler wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

See above

Our support is generally poor, Guest. A Wembley trip will make no difference to that in the short term. Some decent, sustained home form and a top 8 place just might move the crowd figures along a bit.

Pathetic. QED. (Wembley or not)

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:48 pm

87 minutes, Murphy on for Cook

Grigg subbed a minute later

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:53 pm

1-1 Full time.

If it's any consolation, Bristol City seem to be displaying pre-Wembley nerves...currently 0-0 at home to Gillingham, very nearly full time.

UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:57 pm

A welcome point. Stats looked pretty even on the BBC site, apart from the foul count.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Yep, a welcome point. It sounded like an improved attacking display, but we seemed to almost contrive to give them the points at the end [if following the Official Twitter feed is anything to go by].

Another difficult one to come on Tuesday against the Sheffield Hoofers, just what you need prior to a Wembley Final :( .

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Apart from a spell in the 2nd half it was the same shite that's been displayed in recent home games.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Mantom was very good, like he hasn't missed 3/4's of the season. Cain and Flanagan will find it hard to get back into the team.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:50 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:Apart from a spell in the 2nd half it was the same shite that's been displayed in recent home games.

Encouraging then..........

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:Apart from a spell in the 2nd half it was the same shite that's been displayed in recent home games.

Well it was hardly the 0-3 Franchise you were predicting.

Indeed in the two games you've predicted a 6-0 aggregate win for Franchise, it's been 4-1 Walsall and you're still not happy. :lol:

Ultimately this season is limping to a zombie like conclusion in the league. All I ask is the team raise themselves enough to finish in the top half as another bottom half finish would be disappointing.

I still can't believe they finished bottom half last season after spending 99% of last season in the top half. Didn't someone on here have a bet on that?

m&m
Glitterati

Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:22 pm

A much better performance today but that would not be difficult given recent efforts.
It was good to see Sam Mantom back and to be honest I feared he would not be ready. After a very quiet first half he looked like the Mantom of old in the second half.

Overall a pretty even game.We didn't really create enough to win it though.Cook was poor again and should have gone off instead of Hiwula and although he scored which should do a lot for his confidence I thought Tom was very quiet and didn't seem to show his usual never say die work rate .

Please nobody mention playoffs anymore. It is now important that we don't get sucked into a relegation battle.We will probably need 52 points this year to stay up and the faster we get the 7 points we require the better.

tinned
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Better of late, but that ain't saying a lot.

A poor goal conceded, Purkiss should've but a foot in before the cross.

If Sawyers ever put a strong foot in it would be a miracle.

Too many high balls pumped towards Bradsahw, he needs short passes played into he feet FFS.

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:24 pm

I thought we were much better than our recent home performances especially in the second half when we could easily have scored a number of goals. A number of our players were on better form and ,at times,our movement around the edge of the box was excellent. It was good to have Mantom back and he improved as the game went on only being denied a goal by a very good save.
I would start with Forde on Tuesday and lets hope we can build on this better performance. The gate was appalling but we have to start playing better and winning to pull in a few more.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:37 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

Well it was hardly the 0-3 Franchise you were predicting.

Indeed in the two games you've predicted a 6-0 aggregate win for Franchise, it's been 4-1 Walsall and you're still not happy. :lol:

Ultimately this season is limping to a zombie like conclusion in the league. All I ask is the team raise themselves enough to finish in the top half as another bottom half finish would be disappointing.

I still can't believe they finished bottom half last season after spending 99% of last season in the top half. Didn't someone on here have a bet on that?

I ended up with two bets....having put quite a lump on an top six finish, when that started to look extremely pear-shaped I managed to place a larger bet that we would finish in the bottom half - that brought me as much as the top six finish would have done! (Squeaky bum time for a bit though...) :D

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:40 pm

A massive improvement from the last couple of games mainly due to the drive of Mantom who doesn't look like he's been missing for most of the season and must surely start the next two games. Also delighted :!: to see Forde back, we've missed his confidence with the ball, willing to take on players and always looks comfortable on the ball. Much, much better despite our usual failings, Barcelona we're not Walsall we am.

Aside ............. sat next to Steven Pressley [ex Coventry boss] and had a very interesting afternoon with no holds barred conversation on various footballing matters, interesting perspective and views on the 1st division including views on SMITHOUT [in confidence] and current Walsall players including only one player he, and quite a few other managers would like to sign - Sam Mantom, no surprise there.

SMITHOUT :arrow: PERIOD [No change there then :D]

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

Think about it idiot.

m&m
Glitterati

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Cully wrote:A massive improvement from the last couple of games mainly due to the drive of Mantom who doesn't look like he's been missing for most of the season and must surely start the next two games. Also delighted :!: to see Forde back, we've missed his confidence with the ball, willing to take on players and always looks comfortable on the ball. Much, much better despite our usual failings, Barcelona we're not Walsall we am.

Aside ............. sat next to Steven Pressley [ex Coventry boss] and had a very interesting afternoon with no holds barred conversation on various footballing matters, interesting perspective and views on the 1st division including views on SMITHOUT [in confidence] and current Walsall players including only one player he, and quite a few other managers would like to sign - Sam Mantom, no surprise there.

SMITHOUT :arrow: PERIOD [No change there then :D]

I would like to hear his views on Smith.
Pressley won't be signing anybody at the moment!

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Not surprised by today's low attendance to be honest. Our poor home record has been continuing lately with (sadly) no real sign of improvement, the universally-despised MKD are hardly an attraction are they, another home game to come in midweek following-on this one, an expensive trip to Wembley for more-or-less everyone next weekend, and money on the whole is still tight. So I think it was bound to happen,

Shame we couldn't take all three points and complete the double against one of the most-hated of all clubs, but in reality a point is probably a decent result considering recent home form, and we could certainly do with at least the same in midweek against SheffU to nudge ourselves closer to the 50-points that should signal safety. Not that I'd expect us to struggle to reach safety, but it's really rather disappointing that we should have to be talking is such terms at this stage of the season, due to our drop-off in form that's seen us fall away from play-off contention over the last 4 weeks or so.

I'm hoping today's bad result at Ashton Gate marked the start of a bad run for Bristol City, that would certainly be a bonus for us ahead of Wembley.

Whitters
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 pm

otiswfc wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

Think about it - note that I'm an idiot.

Fixed that for your Mr Otis 8)

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Whitters wrote:
otiswfc wrote:
Guest wrote:

Pathetic.

Think about it - note that I'm an idiot.

Fixed that for your Mr Otis 8)

Yeah very clever in a week when our hard core support including myself have to fork out a lot of money you start playing game's I was there today I'm glad I was much improved performance I will be there on Tuesday also but I was struggling to even pay for my daysaver on the bus with the big game on Sunday it's been a expensive week following the saddlers so don't you even start to put me down .
IDIOT 8)

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:52 pm

Otis, are you aware that Guest lives in Hong Kong?

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season