Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Barnsley (A) League One 7th March, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Re: Barnsley (A) League One 7th March, 3pm

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:14 am

otherbournemouthsaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
PT wrote:Sounds like there was some aggro pre-match with some of our lot being nicked. Barnsley fans stunned by the sight of a big ruck these days. No mention from those on here who went. Disappointing if true as our record and I guess attendant police "bill" has improved lately.

Belg said he had heard similar stories, about bouts of bother in the town centre involving our more infantile following...the sort we could really do without!

Don't think it was in the town centre. I was in there and it was very peaceful (especially in old No 7 - great boozer) and i was in a few pubs from just after 12pm until after 14:30. From speaking to a couple of sources in the ground the "bother" occurred in the nearby streets and appears to have been the Barnsley lot trying it on and getting a response.

Fair enough i say.

Sounds like Blayden and his police intelligence crew failed again just like down the Villa. Clueless muppets.

Louise
UTS Legend

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:21 am

Went to Oakwell and the only positive thing I can say is the Sun shone beautifully.
We were totally inept, and if we play like that at Wembley I fear a tanking.
The players were clueless; no tackling, no running, no attempt at a shot on target.
O'Connor put in as dire a performance I've seen in a Walsall shirt, he just isnt good enough.
Bradshaw was never going to win a physical battle against two burly defenders, hoof football never going to work.The body language of the players showed me a team bereft of belief or confidence.
Deano can have NO excuses, the blame lies in his tactics ( not good enough) and the Players who need a proverbial kick up the backside.
On a sour note I did hear of trouble in Barnsley pubs with Walsall fans fighting .

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:11 pm

We were drinking in the town centre too and didn't hear of any trouble in pubs and we visited a few. I agree with otherbournemouthsaddler about Old No 7's. Cracking place and the only pub which enticed us to stop for a second un.

ws3
Glitterati

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:We were drinking in the town centre too and didn't hear of any trouble in pubs and we visited a few. I agree with otherbournemouthsaddler about Old No 7's. Cracking place and the only pub which enticed us to stop for a second un.

Mmmmmmm pork pie.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:49 pm

ws3 wrote:
Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:We were drinking in the town centre too and didn't hear of any trouble in pubs and we visited a few. I agree with otherbournemouthsaddler about Old No 7's. Cracking place and the only pub which enticed us to stop for a second un.

Mmmmmmm pork pie.

They were good wern't they fella? We had two. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Louise wrote:Went to Oakwell and the only positive thing I can say is the Sun shone beautifully.
We were totally inept, and if we play like that at Wembley I fear a tanking.
The players were clueless; no tackling, no running, no attempt at a shot on target.
O'Connor put in as dire a performance I've seen in a Walsall shirt, he just isnt good enough.
Bradshaw was never going to win a physical battle against two burly defenders, hoof football never going to work.The body language of the players showed me a team bereft of belief or confidence.
Deano can have NO excuses, the blame lies in his tactics ( not good enough) and the Players who need a proverbial kick up the backside
On a sour note I did hear of trouble in Barnsley pubs with Walsall fans fighting .

Spot on Louise, you've 'nutshelled' that dire, absymal performance to a tee!

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season