Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Scunthorpe United (H) League One 10th Jan, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
m&m
Glitterati

Re: Scunthorpe United (H) League One 10th Jan, 3pm

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:15 pm

What a horrible performance.it seems that we are concentrating on the cup.

Thankfully that joy is a much needed distraction to yet another poor season.I guess we would all take 5th from bottom if we get to Wembley?

Today summed up this team.We had the majority of possession yet gifted them a 2 goal lead at half time.we then get back in the game with a good goal and when it looked like the only team who would score next would be us we self destruct and give away a stupid penalty.Which moron in our team didthis as I didn't see the culprit? We had of course tried to give away another penalty before this only for the linesman to overrule the ref who had given it.
At 3-1 it's game over and the confidence we gained from our goal evaporates allowing them to score again.
It's another amateurish show.I don't know many other teams that give away as many stupid goals as US.The majority of the 10 conceded in the last 3 home games have been down to our players unprofessional play and nothing to do with what the opposition did.
Sort it out Smith!

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:18 pm

I can't understand why Smith hasn't learnt that since the season we had Grigg Patterson and Brandy this formation and system doesn't work at home! FFS the number of home wins over the last 2 seasons is obvious! Thick twerp.

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:23 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Big Dave wfc wrote:I left at the 4th goal as I couldn't feel my feet! Embarrassed would probably some up how I feel leaving today, a Scunthorpe side who was let's be honest bang average.

Shocking pass from Cain to oconnor which lead to the cross for the own goal. Totally switched off for the second, Jordan Cook needs a big boot up the arse from the coaching staff he really doesn't want to get back.

Downing needs a course of steroids, allows himself to get bullied. Didn't really see wether it was a penalty or not. 4th goal poor poor defending.

Bradshaw hadn't had a sniff all day.

Big fan of smith but why wasn't there a extra striker brought on at half time, he has to take responsibility for how late the subs was used.

Worried for the jpt !

Big fan of Smith?

4 years in charge, never got us near the playoffs, currently 15th in the league after 3 successive home defeats conceding 10 goals, lowest home goals tally last season and 3rd lowest scorers in the league this term?

Woah there buddy - You need to lower your expectations.

We lost a game and you raise your head again Phil from in between your sons legs,

I can empathise with smith for a lot of things that I have already covered with you and I ain't going to go over old ground with a door knob like you.

He should have changed the game with subs earlier wether the bench is good enough is debatable bit he tried to change to late in my opinion.

Smiths hands are very restricted to what he can do with bringing players in and out, we won't be relegated we won't get play offs, the top 6 have far more going for them than us what is your obsession with wanting smith out the door.

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Big Dave wfc wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:
Big Dave wfc wrote:I left at the 4th goal as I couldn't feel my feet! Embarrassed would probably some up how I feel leaving today, a Scunthorpe side who was let's be honest bang average.

Shocking pass from Cain to oconnor which lead to the cross for the own goal. Totally switched off for the second, Jordan Cook needs a big boot up the arse from the coaching staff he really doesn't want to get back.

Downing needs a course of steroids, allows himself to get bullied. Didn't really see wether it was a penalty or not. 4th goal poor poor defending.

Bradshaw hadn't had a sniff all day.

Big fan of smith but why wasn't there a extra striker brought on at half time, he has to take responsibility for how late the subs was used.

Worried for the jpt !

Big fan of Smith?

4 years in charge, never got us near the playoffs, currently 15th in the league after 3 successive home defeats conceding 10 goals, lowest home goals tally last season and 3rd lowest scorers in the league this term?

Woah there buddy - You need to lower your expectations.

We lost a game and you raise your head again Phil from in between your sons legs,

I can empathise with smith for a lot of things that I have already covered with you and I ain't going to go over old ground with a door knob like you.

He should have changed the game with subs earlier wether the bench is good enough is debatable bit he tried to change to late in my opinion.

Smiths hands are very restricted to what he can do with bringing players in and out, we won't be relegated we won't get play offs, the top 6 have far more going for them than us what is your obsession with wanting smith out the door.

We're safe from the play offs admittedly, but the form over the tail end of last season would surely suggest that relegation is a possibility?

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:33 pm

At this point last season (25 games) we were 8 points better off and in 7th place.

sandysaddler
UTS Regular

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:36 pm

O dear, didnt get in the ground until twelve minutes past three as only one turnstile open in the home end but the first ten or fifteen minutes we looked quite lively. However we continue to try and play pretty football on the edge of our own box and after giving a goal away when under no real pressure we were then chasing the game. The defence was then carved open time and again and only the offside flag prevented this being a much heavier defeat. The amount of crosses the opposition teams are putting into our box is getting ridiculous including from short corners and this has been a feature of recent home defeats and the first half at deepdale. Come on deano, we need to do some buisiness in the loan market before the the season turns sour.

kaytranda

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Today was extremely disappointing, especially after the positivity following the win on Wednesday. We really don't have a formula for beating teams who are strong, physical and defensively organised. When we got into their last third, we just lack any ideas or creativity. Lots of possession in their half but no penetration or pressure to worry or concern the opposition. I feel sorry for Bradshaw yet again who was isolated all game with no real service. We were very poor defensive today, the back four were all over the place at times. I would like to see Purkiss replace O'Connor, from what i've seen so far this season, he hasn't impressed at all.

I must say that i am more of a fan of Smith than a hater and believe that he is doing a decent job. Many people constantly moan about us never reaching for the play-offs or the top 10. These deluded people need to wake up! Please have a look at the current league table at the top 6 teams. Their budgets are significantly larger than ours, compared to our depleted budget after each season. I can acknowledge that Smith can be tactically inept at times and is reluctant to make changes and adapt to a different variety of teams. However, he can only operate and manage with what he has. It's not as if he has a wide range of quality on the bench to come on and change a game. In my opinion, he has made many great acquisitions considering our modest budget and when we do start to have some degree of success, the players get sold. Some fans need to join us back in reality and realise Dean Smith isn't a miracle worker!

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:44 pm

kaytranda wrote:Today was extremely disappointing, especially after the positivity following the win on Wednesday. We really don't have a formula for beating teams who are strong, physical and defensively organised. When we got into their last third, we just lack any ideas or creativity. Lots of possession in their half but no penetration or pressure to worry or concern the opposition. I feel sorry for Bradshaw yet again who was isolated all game with no real service. We were very poor defensive today, the back four were all over the place at times. I would like to see Purkiss replace O'Connor, from what i've seen so far this season, he hasn't impressed at all.

I must say that i am more of a fan of Smith than a hater and believe that he is doing a decent job. Many people constantly moan about us never reaching for the play-offs or the top 10. These deluded people need to wake up! Please have a look at the current league table at the top 6 teams. Their budgets are significantly larger than ours, compared to our depleted budget after each season. I can acknowledge that Smith can be tactically inept at times and is reluctant to make changes and adapt to a different variety of teams. However, he can only operate and manage with what he has. It's not as if he has a wide range of quality on the bench to come on and change a game. In my opinion, he has made many great acquisitions considering our modest budget and when we do start to have some degree of success, the players get sold. Some fans need to join us back in reality and realise Dean Smith isn't a miracle worker!

Phil the dingle read this post, absolutely spot on !

PT
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Walsall FC. Murdering momentum since 1888.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm angry after that performance. I turned up today expecting it to be a real battle, and I also expected there to be something of a hangover after Wednesday, but to self destruct like that is unacceptable.

The fact we started so well suggests there wasn't a hangover from Wednesday at all - in actual fact, we looked full of confidence, played some really tidy stuff, and probably could have gone ahead had one of those chances gone in.

24 minutes in, Cain wildly smashes what should have been a relatively simple ball out to O'Connor whose first touch wasn't the best, the cross comes in and we're one down. We never really recovered from that, but for a 10 minute spell at the start of the second half. Just to say, while I don't think O'Connor was any more at fault than Cain for the first goal, he's so much worse than Purkiss in every respect, I've got no clues as to why he's in the side.

For me, the reason we'be been so poor at home and the reason we've been leaking so many goals is one and the same - we lack bottle. We lack the bottle to make that run beyond the striker, or drive that early low cross into the box, just like we lack the bottle to regroup and get ourselves back into the game when we go behind. Downing and Chambers were a bag of nerves for most of today's game and if you're talking about building foundations from the back, that really doesn't bode well for the rest of the side. Forget signing a striker as backup to Bradshaw, or a winger to fill in when Forde/Cook has a bad spell - surely there's a case to be made for signing a centre half who's that bit more no-nonsense?

As for the squad itself, today showed how paper thin it is. Even at 4-1 down, it took Smith a few minutes to make any changes - probably because he knew that none of his subs were likely to come on and change the game. Of course, we could go back to the crux of the issue being a poor use of his budget, but that's probably one for another thread.

Finally, let's bring up the reception Sawyers got when he went off. If you're one of the vocal minority who booed him, sod off down to Villa park. People wonder why we struggle to keep our best players and there's part of the answer. He had a reasonably decent game today after a great performance on Wednesday and without him, we'd be right in the mire. I always wonder whether that's a position some would prefer to see us in though.

Preston have every right to think they can still get to Wembley yet. I just hope we stay true to recent form and nick something at Colchester next week.
Last edited by WFC_Rob on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m&m
Glitterati

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Totally agree with Purkiss replacing O,Connor especially at home.He carries an attacking threat where as O'Connor barely crosses the half way line.
Can't really see what he has done wrong to get dropped!

I also think we are pappering over the cracks with j.chambers at CB.nothing to do with the og today but recently he has been poor.it worked for a while but he's no Andy butler!

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:03 pm

m&m wrote:Totally agree with Purkiss replacing O,Connor especially at home.He carries an attacking threat where as O'Connor barely crosses the half way line.
Can't really see what he has done wrong to get dropped!

I also think we are pappering over the cracks with j.chambers at CB.nothing to do with the og today but recently he has been poor.it worked for a while but he's no Andy butler!

I agree, we need a 6ft+ bruiser who can marshal the defence and win a bloody header from a cross.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Miguel Llera did exactly that job for Scunthorpe today. Missed a chance getting him in on a free last summer

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:18 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:As for the squad itself, today showed how paper thin it is. Even at 4-1 down, it took Smith a few minutes to make any changes - probably because he knew that none of his subs were likely to come on and change the game. Of course, we could go back to the crux of the issue being a poor use of his budget, but that's probably one for another thread.

I'm sorry but you can't lay the blame for the squad at the door of the budget.

In that squad we have the following fullbacks:

Purkiss
Chambers, J
O'Connor
Taylor
Benning
Henry

Plus Kinsella, who is purportedly a midfielder, but all games for the first team have been at right back.

Thats 7 full backs. SEVEN, but we only have one recognised centre half.

3 of those full backs don't need to be on the books - we could quite happily make do with Chambers, Kinsella, Taylor and Henry.

I'd rather see the money we're wasting on Benning, Purkiss, OConnor and Benning spent on a bit more quality for the rest of the team - a centre half and another winger.

I wouldn't mind us blooding the likes of Kinsella and Henry - whats the worst that can happen? We might concede a few goals? Well, we've conceded 10 in the last 3 home games, could it be much worse than that? And it might free up some cash for some better forward players, so the football would be more attractive, we'd have more flexibility in the way we could play, and we'd be no worse off.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:23 pm

kaytranda wrote:Today was extremely disappointing, especially after the positivity following the win on Wednesday. We really don't have a formula for beating teams who are strong, physical and defensively organised. When we got into their last third, we just lack any ideas or creativity. Lots of possession in their half but no penetration or pressure to worry or concern the opposition. I feel sorry for Bradshaw yet again who was isolated all game with no real service. We were very poor defensive today, the back four were all over the place at times. I would like to see Purkiss replace O'Connor, from what i've seen so far this season, he hasn't impressed at all.

Reaching the top 10 and having a go at the play offs is not all about budget - just look at the amount of points we have dropped at home this season (and last season for that matter). It's about being organised, keeping it tight at the back and scoring enough goals to win games that you would otherwise draw or lose. We've got a 4-4-4 home record. If we'd just converted 2 of those defeats in to draws (+2 points) and 2 of the draws in to wins (+4 points) we'd be 6th. So I dont buy this BS about budget.

The way Smith sets us up is perfect for away games but it just doesn't work at home, and he refuses to accept that. The way we play doesn't change one bit, regardless of who we play. No team in the land can get away with that.

He's a lucky manager in that there's always between 4 and 7 worse teams that the one he puts out in the league - he plays the same hand week in week out and ends up very average, smack back in the lower mid region of the table. It's just pure luck - played 12 at home, won 4, drawn 4, lost 4 - exactly what you'd get on average over a 1000 spins of a 3 sided coin, if such a thing existed.
Last edited by philthesaddler on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:24 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:As for the squad itself, today showed how paper thin it is. Even at 4-1 down, it took Smith a few minutes to make any changes - probably because he knew that none of his subs were likely to come on and change the game. Of course, we could go back to the crux of the issue being a poor use of his budget, but that's probably one for another thread.

In that squad we have the following fullbacks:

Purkiss
Chambers, J
O'Connor
Taylor
Benning
Henry

Plus Kinsella, who is purportedly a midfielder, but all games for the first team have been at right back.

Thats 7 full backs. SEVEN, but we only have one recognised centre half.

3 of those full backs don't need to be on the books - we could quite happily make do with Chambers, Kinsella, Taylor and Henry.

I'd rather see the money we're wasting on Benning, Purkiss, OConnor and Benning spent on a bit more quality for the rest of the team - a centre half and another winger.

I wouldn't mind us blooding the likes of Kinsella and Henry - whats the worst that can happen? We might concede a few goals? Well, we've conceded 10 in the last 3 home games, could it be much worse than that? And it might free up some cash for some better forward players, so the football would be more attractive, we'd have more flexibility in the way we could play, and we'd be no worse off.

I still think that the system would still hinder us.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Sadsfan wrote:I still think that the system would still hinder us.

Agreed - we've basically got a half decent XI that can play the 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1 formation that Smith employs, but we've got nothing else in the squad.

I dont think we could play 4-4-2, Manset isn't good enough, or fit enough, Sawyers can't play as an out and out forward, nor could he play as part of a 2 man central midfield. Our only other alternative is to play Chambers and Cain and the central midfield pairing, and they struggle at the moment as part of what is effectively a 5 man midfield.

Also, I'm not sure Cook and Forde are disciplined enough to play as wide midfielders.

Smith has got himself stuck in a rut, will only play one way, and his squad building means we could lose 3 senior full backs to injury and still be ok - yet if we lose a central midfielder or Cook or Forde, we're screwed.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:31 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Phil, I said a poor use of his budget.

I know you generally prefer the kamikaze approach of picking arguments with everyone on this board, but all you needed to say was that you agree with me. :roll:

saddlertd
UTS Veteran

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:33 pm

I didn't go today but went against Coventry when the story seems to have been similar: go behind, chase the game, get on top and then give away a bad goal (or two). I like Deano and think he has done a decent job with limited resources; but tactically he is either very stubborn or very unimaginative....or both! Why didn't he change things around at half-time: go 3-4-1-2 and use attacking wing- backs, Manset up top with Bradshaw and Sawyers in the hole behind? 4-5-1 at home ain't working. We need to start trying new formations in preparation for the Preston game with more cover out wide for our full-backs to stop so many crosses coming into our box. And we need to defend corners better. C'mon Deano, get it sorted: I want to go to Wembley. UTS

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:34 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Phil, I said a poor use of his budget.

I know you generally prefer the kamikaze approach of picking arguments with everyone on this board, but all you needed to say was that you agree with me. :roll:

Apologies - the argument is still valid though for those who claim we dont have the budget to reach the top 10.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:37 pm

saddlertd wrote:I didn't go today but went against Coventry when the story seems to have been similar: go behind, chase the game, get on top and then give away a bad goal (or two).

Not quite the same. We never got going against Coventry, whereas we played some really good stuff for the first 20 minutes and made Scunthorpe look poor. That's what made the result even more frustrating.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:37 pm

saddlertd wrote:I didn't go today but went against Coventry when the story seems to have been similar: go behind, chase the game, get on top and then give away a bad goal (or two). I like Deano and think he has done a decent job with limited resources; but tactically he is either very stubborn or very unimaginative....or both! Why didn't he change things around at half-time: go 3-4-1-2 and use attacking wing- backs, Manset up top with Bradshaw and Sawyers in the hole behind? 4-5-1 at home ain't working. We need to start trying new formations in preparation for the Preston game with more cover out wide for our full-backs to stop so many crosses coming into our box. And we need to defend corners better. C'mon Deano, get it sorted: I want to go to Wembley. UTS

On the note about attacking wing backs - OConnor doesn't bomb forward like James Chambers would last season, and for me, Andy Taylor's legs are on the way out. the last 3 or 4 months he's looked energy-less, think his legs might be finished.

I'd like to see us ditch the likes of OConnor, Purkiss and Benning, and start playing Henry and Kinsella every other game. We aint going to achieve anything in the league this season, Smith's lucky he's 90mins from Wembley.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:40 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlertd wrote:I didn't go today but went against Coventry when the story seems to have been similar: go behind, chase the game, get on top and then give away a bad goal (or two).

Not quite the same. We never got going against Coventry, whereas we played some really good stuff for the first 20 minutes and made Scunthorpe look poor. That's what made the result even more frustrating.

True - they looked like a pub side in the first half an hour - they barely touched the ball and had a beanpole upfront. Big difference is that they had someone who could create on the wing (McSheffrey) and they took their chances.

People moan that they only had 3 shots on target or whatever, but ODonnell still had more to do than his opposite number, and regardless of how well Walsall started, thats a terrible indictment of Smith's game plan.

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:48 pm

Note to the Sawyers boo-ers. Get yourselves on the 529 to Custard bowl city. Your type of 'support' fits in well with that shower.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:57 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

True - they looked like a pub side in the first half an hour - they barely touched the ball and had a beanpole upfront. Big difference is that they had someone who could create on the wing (McSheffrey) and they took their chances.

People moan that they only had 3 shots on target or whatever, but ODonnell still had more to do than his opposite number, and regardless of how well Walsall started, thats a terrible indictment of Smith's game plan.

And to be fair, it could have been a whole lot worse for us. Madden somehow glanced a header from point blank range wide before being flagged offside, and the ref had given then another pen before that was also flagged for offside. Our defending was bordering on suicidal today.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:Note to the Sawyers boo-ers. Get yourselves on the 529 to Custard bowl city. Your type of 'support' fits in well with that shower.

Spot on, does my head in.

Some bloke in front of me was screaming for Smith to take Sawyers off within 5 minutes.

A Chambers had an absolute nightmare today, hardly a mention.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:A Chambers had an absolute nightmare today, hardly a mention.

That's my issue with it. Sawyers gets singled out just because he's been subbed. Both Chambers brothers, Downing, O'Connor, and Cook were all way, way, way below what's expected of them, yet Romaine Sawyers gets the brunt of the frustration.

We'll get what we, as a group of fans, deserve soon enough when Sawyers decides he's had enough and we end up with someone like Grimes/Hurst/Peterlin/[insert below par midfielder's name here] as his replacement.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm

As has already been said: we started brightly and Scunthorpe looked nervous; I really thought we would well and truly 'ommer 'um.

Caine's pass to O'Conner was hit at 90 mph from 20 yards away, so it was no wonder he struggled to control it. As he was pushing up the field at the time he was immediately caught out of position. Scunthorpe capitalised with an excellent cross which went in off J Chambers leg. cack happens.

What shouldn't happen is that we fall for the same cack twice. Preston's short corners almost caught us out Wednesday and, infuriatingly, we are caught out again, albeit by a less well executed effort and suddenly we are two goals down. Still, no need to hit the panic button just yet as the Tranmere game is still not too distant a memory and Scunthorpe weren't great.

However, Buoyed by the two goal cushion, The Iron grew in confidence and began to control the midfield, although most of their efforts were from balls played into space: over or through the back four. Roll on half-time.

Again we restarted the match on the front foot and Caine placed a cracking shot to the far post to confirm the comeback was well and truly on.

The supporters were in full voice, ( I even joined in ) the Iron looked like they were about to wave the white flag when when we lose a bit of concentration along with the ball, and they get gifted a penalty. :x

I'll skip the next phase of play as I struggled to see properly through tears that were flowing freely down my face mixing mixing nicely with the snot from my nose.

Eventually Grimes came on and forced a good save from their keeper and Bradshaw's follow up hit the post.

Mansit came on and didn't appear to know where he should be playing or in what role.

I finish now as it's to painful to carry on, but before I go a few more things:

I'm not one of Sawyers greatest fans but I thought he did ok today. I really don't understand why he was booed off when subbed.

Downing (Vice Captain don't forget) and Chambers are not, and haven't been for sometime, working as a pair. Chambers doesn't appear to talk to Downing and vice-versa. I'd drop Chambers put O'Conner in his place and get Purkis back in. What's to lose?

The vocalists really were magnificent today even after they realised the game was up, they rarely wavered and could be heard after the final whistle, as I trudged a painful path back to the car - they really deserved more from the players today.

Jekyll and Hyde performances like this are so fudge frustrating when we know we can be so much better.

fudge it. I'm off down the boozer. I may be some time ....
Last edited by Leatherman on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaytranda

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:Note to the Sawyers boo-ers. Get yourselves on the 529 to Custard bowl city. Your type of 'support' fits in well with that shower.

100% agree with you mate. I was embarrassed when the man of the match award was announced today. And people wonder why we don't perform at home. I know they will argue that "we pay our money, we are entitled to voice our opinion" but need to realise that booing these players will only damage confidence and affect their performance further. There is no beneficial outcome or effect that your 'support' will have.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Phil I am perplexed with my thoughts regarding you and your stance.

I find myself angry that whenever we win it is because we/smith got lucky and you barely comment yet when we lose you are so quick to pounce and say how crap we are and how Smith is such a poor manager, and I think this is were you lose your arguments because if you were to let the dust settle and say comment at 9pm rather that 4.59 or how soon it is people would take you more seriously. Annoyingly I find myself agreeing with alot of what you say, apart from the Purkis thing imho he's our best RB at the club who can make 30yards passes with his eyes closed and offers an attacking outlet.

I am never going to be Smith's biggest fan and a part of me thinks he should go as he has been an extremely lucky manager but if he gets us to Wembley (and at 40years old I thought I may never get there) then he can stay aslong as he wants, yes I am that fickle.

p.s you are absolutely spot on regarding the budget, people harp on about how small it is yet Smith has has virtually wasted most of it on players who we have absolutely no need for and struggle in areas we are desperate for players. And then people say he has no options on the bench, well I am sorry but who's flaming fault is that?

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season