Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

JPT Final....

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Bcfc1982ltd

JPT Final....

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:24 pm

Just a note to you Walsall supporters from a Bristol City supporter.... Very well played tonight I was most impressed by a very professional performance at PNE...

I look forward to our obvious meeting at Wembley on March 22nd knowing we play a similar passing game it should be a good spectacle for the rest of the footballing fraternity to judge us on...

Good luck COYR...

tinned
Site Addict

Re: JPT Final....

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Bcfc1982ltd wrote:Just a note to you Walsall supporters from a Bristol City supporter.... Very well played tonight I was most impressed by a very professional performance at PNE...

I look forward to our obvious meeting at Wembley on March 22nd knowing we play a similar passing game it should be a good spectacle for the rest of the footballing fraternity to judge us on...

Good luck COYR...

I hope so mate. don't know how old you are but it will bring back memories of the play off games in '88.

Bcfc1982ltd

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:31 pm

Had 2 great nights up there watching it!

As I recall I think we missed a penalty on the 1st replay that would have put us 3-1 up & we would have won it there & then but that's football innit no good crying over spilt milk!!...

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Bcfc1982ltd wrote:Had 2 great nights up there watching it!

As I recall I think we missed a penalty on the 1st replay that would have put us 3-1 up & we would have won it there & then but that's football innit no good crying over spilt milk!!...

Did you help turn over the police riot van after the 3rd game? :mrgreen:

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:31 am

I am not convinced yet, 1989 still live in my memory, won 3 1 away and then lost 2 0 at hum. the away match was awesome but scary. loads of loons waiting in park to get at Walsall fans after. see you at Wembley, we will dick you again :mrgreen:

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:36 am

belgiansaddler wrote:I am not convinced yet, 1989 still live in my memory, won 3 1 away and then lost 2 0 at hum. the away match was awesome but scary. loads of loons waiting in park to get at Walsall fans after. see you at Wembley, we will dick you again :mrgreen:

I share some reservations, but without Garner could they score three? I don't think we'll try to sit on the lead.

For most of the match, I'd have been happy with 0-0. The second goal, IMO was the more impressive. The way Bradshaw anticipated, ran, then finished reminded me of Buckley.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 am

belgiansaddler wrote:I am not convinced yet, 1989 still live in my memory, won 3 1 away and then lost 2 0 at hum. the away match was awesome but scary. loads of loons waiting in park to get at Walsall fans after. see you at Wembley, we will dick you again :mrgreen:

Remember walking back to the car through the Bristol City fans racing to get at the Walsall fans with a mate saying "Look pissed off! Look pissed off!"

Bcfc1982ltd

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:33 pm

No no football is football dopes who want to fight well carry on!... Anyway I've heard all the CSF old firm have retired with arthritis problems now!.. As for wembley & a predicted result?... 3-1 to bcfc though a 6-5 would be great if it could be scripted!!! So no dickings involved & I just hope it's a good game that some in the lower leagues know we produce week after week.

aaaae
Site Addict

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:57 am

Bcfc1982ltd wrote:No no football is football dopes who want to fight well carry on!... Anyway I've heard all the CSF old firm have retired with arthritis problems now!.. As for wembley & a predicted result?... 3-1 to bcfc though a 6-5 would be great if it could be scripted!!! So no dickings involved & I just hope it's a good game that some in the lower leagues know we produce week after week.

I agree 6-5 to the Saddlers would be great! :mrgreen:

Absolutely agree about lower league football. Shame the mainstream media don't understand that!

Will that lad who you've got on loan from Fulham, who scored four at Gillingham, still be with you for the final? Hope not, he seems a handful.

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:12 am

Preston terrify me to be honest. Until the ref blows the whistle at the end of that second leg I'm going to be a mess.

I really hope it is a Walsall vs. Bristol final though. Really, really, really, really, really hope. As a Walsall fan these moments are rare.

paddy
UTS Veteran

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 am

aaaae wrote:
Bcfc1982ltd wrote:No no football is football dopes who want to fight well carry on!... Anyway I've heard all the CSF old firm have retired with arthritis problems now!.. As for wembley & a predicted result?... 3-1 to bcfc though a 6-5 would be great if it could be scripted!!! So no dickings involved & I just hope it's a good game that some in the lower leagues know we produce week after week.

Absolutely agree about lower league football. Shame the mainstream media don't understand that!

Will that lad who you've got on loan from Fulham, who scored four at Gillingham, still be with you for the final? Hope not, he seems a handful.

Ok he scored 4 in that game but don't think he's anything special. Wasn't great at Oldham, and Leeds signed on the back of a couple of good performances in the FA Cup. Never worked out for him at Leeds

I'd be more worried about Bristol City's other attacking options, if we get to Wembley

aaaae
Site Addict

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:03 am

paddy wrote:
aaaae wrote:

Ok he scored 4 in that game but don't think he's anything special. Wasn't great at Oldham, and Leeds signed on the back of a couple of good performances in the FA Cup. Never worked out for him at Leeds

I'd be more worried about Bristol City's other attacking options, if we get to Wembley

He looks like one of those big bullocking centre forwards that can cause trouble on their day. Apparently Fulham paid £800K for him so they must have seen something in him.

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:18 pm

aaaae wrote:
paddy wrote:
aaaae wrote:

He looks like one of those big bullocking centre forwards that can cause trouble on their day. Apparently Fulham paid £800K for him so they must have seen something in him.

They also paid 12m for Kostas Mitroglou :lol: :lol:

aaaae
Site Addict

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Soton Saddler wrote:They also paid 12m for Kostas Mitroglou :lol: :lol:

True! Boy they wasted some money.

Soton Saddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:30 pm

I forgot to comment after the 2nd leg to say "it's on!" There will be more predictions closer to the date but I am going all out Walsall win with clean sheet. 3 - 0. UTS

Que Sera Sera.

Return to 2014-15 Season