Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury (A) FA Cup First Round Replay 18/11/14 K.O- 7:45

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
paddy
UTS Veteran

Re: Shrewsbury (A) FA Cup First Round Replay 18/11/14 K.O- 7

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:04 am

sallian wrote:YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........Yaaahhhhhhhoooooooooooooo

spifffffffingggggggggggggggg.......

I am celebrating the Andy Savile and Stuart Rimmer goals against Manchester City....3-3 draw when we came went 2-0 up.....then went 2-3 down then made it 3-3....and all the inflatable bananas could not stop us..... I had much more expectation of goals being scored under Coakley and Barnwell when we finished bottom with a run of 15 losses (British record) Those were the days of two strikers.......we are sophisticated now....we have evolved with the game so that we realize that if you want to win you play one striker and hardly ever score....and concentrate on passing the ball in itself rather than passing the ball to make as many chances as possible for a sufficient number of players who have a chance of scoring.

Anyway....that was a celebration of goal scoring and drawing (with Man City who went up in 2nd place...along with Chelsea)......we drew with Man city twice that season......well done Walsall (See not all doom and gloom from me) All the inflatable bananas couldn't stop us...even though our inflatable swifts kept popping as they were crud quality

How many of my detractors cheer goals that happened over 20yrs ago? See..... I destroyed them all.....we didn't even win the Man City game and I am celebrating....destroyed them again...twice in one celebration

ah those were the days. didn't nigel gleghorn have to go in goal for city???

days of where we scored goals with strikers playing in their actual positon rather than out on the wing

sallian
Glitterati

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm

paddy wrote:

I am celebrating the Andy Saville and Stuart Rimmer goals against Manchester City....3-3 draw when we came went 2-0 up.....then went 2-3 down then made it 3-3....and all the inflatable bananas could not stop us..... I had much more expectation of goals being scored under Coakley and Barnwell when we finished bottom with a run of 15 losses (British record) Those were the days of two strikers.......we are sophisticated now....we have evolved with the game so that we realize that if you want to win you play one striker and hardly ever score....and concentrate on passing the ball in itself rather than passing the ball to make as many chances as possible for a sufficient number of players who have a chance of scoring.

Anyway....that was a celebration of goal scoring and drawing (with Man City who went up in 2nd place...along with Chelsea)......we drew with Man city twice that season......well done Walsall (See not all doom and gloom from me) All the inflatable bananas couldn't stop us...even though our inflatable swifts kept popping as they were crud quality

How many of my detractors cheer goals that happened over 20yrs ago? See..... I destroyed them all.....we didn't even win the Man City game and I am celebrating....destroyed them again...twice in one celebration

days of where we scored goals with strikers playing in their actual positon rather than out on the wing

Yes that rings a bell you have good memory.....

I will tell you something else I remember....very clearly now....DEAN SMITH was playing in that game....those were his teen first team beginnings....I remember him holding out his hand for Saville to high-five him....he had a look on his face...of joyous relief 'We got someone who can score!' his face said! He should remember that and empathize with our frustration now!!!!!!! :cry:

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:02 pm

sallian wrote:
paddy wrote:

I am celebrating the Andy Saville and Stuart Rimmer goals against Manchester City....3-3 draw when we came went 2-0 up.....then went 2-3 down then made it 3-3....and all the inflatable bananas could not stop us..... I had much more expectation of goals being scored under Coakley and Barnwell when we finished bottom with a run of 15 losses (British record) Those were the days of two strikers.......we are sophisticated now....we have evolved with the game so that we realize that if you want to win you play one striker and hardly ever score....and concentrate on passing the ball in itself rather than passing the ball to make as many chances as possible for a sufficient number of players who have a chance of scoring.

Yes that rings a bell you have good memory.....

I will tell you something else I remember....very clearly now....DEAN SMITH was playing in that game....those were his teen first team beginnings....I remember him holding out his hand for Saville to high-five him....he had a look on his face...of joyous relief 'We got someone who can score!' his face said! He should remember that and empathize with our frustration now!!!!!!! :cry:

Yes it was. I remember it well because I bought a ticket from a tout .........for the City end!

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season