Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Chesterfield (H) League One 25th Oct, 3.00pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Chesterfield (H) League One 25th Oct, 3.00pm

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:32 am

Happy to see three points. Need more of those.

I appreciate that this is stating the obvious.

Whitters
Site Addict

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:06 am

Well done exile.
Your post takes the match thread up to 5 pages.
You'll do anything to prove your theory that "there's just as many posts for a win as for a loss". :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:41 am

Whitters wrote:Well done exile.
You'll do anything to prove your theory that "there's just as many posts for a win as for a loss". :D

It'll take more than this, but thanks for the hand-up :mrgreen:

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Whitters wrote:Well done exile.

I think you'll find it's a "FACT" not a "theory"! :mrgreen:

SWS1

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:00 pm

This is a stunning Page 5!
But I prefer Page 3 :lol:

fensaddler
UTS Veteran

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:35 am

pumajaguar wrote:
People read too much in the population of the borough too. Willenhall for example is in Walsall, but it's just as close to Wolverhampton so no wonder many people there are Dingle fans.

Willenhall is indeed full of Dingles, or at least it was when I last looked. Having said that, Walsall draw a lot of their support from South Staffs, so we aren't restricted by the borough boundaries either. Walsall's problems are that it has always been a smaller, less glamorous club than its rivals, and for the past 30-40 years has been a poor town, and getting poorer. In the long run, that also impacts on attendance (not least because so many of us have left the place to make an honest living...).

Cully
Site Addict

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 am

fensaddler wrote:
pumajaguar wrote:
People read too much in the population of the borough too. Willenhall for example is in Walsall, but it's just as close to Wolverhampton so no wonder many people there are Dingle fans.

Willenhall is indeed full of Dingles, or at least it was when I last looked. Having said that, Walsall draw a lot of their support from South Staffs, so we aren't restricted by the borough boundaries either. Walsall's problems are that it has always been a smaller, less glamorous club than its rivals, and for the past 30-40 years has been a poor town, and getting poorer. In the long run, that also impacts on attendance (not least because so many of us have left the place to make an honest living...).

Rugeley is a hot bed of Walsall support and everyone I know or has been converted by association with my four sons have absolutely no connection with Walsall........................we're all glory hunters. Just saying I'm doing my bit :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 am

SWS1 wrote:This is a stunning Page 5!
But I prefer Page 3 :lol:

PHWOARRRRRRR!

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season