Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Crawley Town (A) League One Tues 21 Oct, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Re: Crawley Town (A) League One Tues 21 Oct, 7.45pm

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Dun dun dun dun dun shexy football.

Gggggggginger Mourinho!!! Gggggggginger Mourinho!!!

Deano, give us a wave. Deano, Deano give us a wave.

Its the typical 'I shouldn't be laughing at a funeral' situation cause I'm in stitches. :lol: :D

Seriously now though, as nice (well, too nice) as Deano is, I can't see a way forward without a new man in the hot seat.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:It's not great when we can predict a loss even when we play well.

donald joke, I defended him before, not a chance anymore.

Take it out on the driving examiner tomorrow Jonny.......... :mrgreen:

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 pm

23rd with the next 4 games consisting of a team in an automatic spot and the other 3 around the playoffs.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

See my earlier post.............
This season we won't escape relegation................unless...Mr Smith quits, Bonser certainly won't sack him.

Tonight was the Walsall way eh?

Zaddler
UTS Veteran

Bollocks bollocks bollocks............... This isn't even mildly amusing. 30 odd shots and not one goal, even Ian Roper would have scored one shot in thirty :(

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

nottmsaddler wrote:Chelsea winning 6-0, Bayern 7-1 up and Shaktar 7-0 up and all of them having had less shots than we have.

BUT does this make Smith better or worse? He isn't missing the chances yet he has put a team out who can create nearly 30 chances in a game.

I'm sorry - I know it's fashionable to blame Smith but for me, I think you have to say there is more to it than just that. If we can play that well, somebody is doing something right.

We can blame the manager for bringing in strikers who can't score....but we can't blame him for Bradshaw getting injured and that has to be having an impact.

I agree 100% with this sentiment.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Not sure where I am this evening, but that one hurt. Can you rescue something from here? Is the positive that we looked entirely better? We just lost 1-0 to teams in the bottom 4, 1 at home who hadn't kept a cleansheet and the other who had conceded what 11 in 3 games odd? Still not Smith out, the players can take some blame tonight, infact a lot. But he signs and plays them.

I think I feel as bad tonight as I did after that walk back to the car from the Ricoh after the 5-1. I can see a real capitulation come Saturday vs Chesterfield, if that happens - then I think it's time for a change. Second time I've really questioned whether Smith is the man for us in his reign tonight.

Chomper
UTS Veteran

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Sadly, we have no back up for Bradshaw. The others haven't stepped up. That's the issue. We can't rely one Bradshaw.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 pm

That is not bad luck. It's bad management.

I made my mind up that Smith had to go on Saturday. An obviously improved performance, but dominating a game to that extent and not winning is just laughable. Not to mention against a side low on confidence and conceding loads of goals.

He signed these players. He has to carry the can. He has to go.

I await abuse from Whitters :roll: .

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
nottmsaddler wrote:Chelsea winning 6-0, Bayern 7-1 up and Shaktar 7-0 up and all of them having had less shots than we have.

BUT does this make Smith better or worse? He isn't missing the chances yet he has put a team out who can create nearly 30 chances in a game.

I'm sorry - I know it's fashionable to blame Smith but for me, I think you have to say there is more to it than just that. If we can play that well, somebody is doing something right.

We can blame the manager for bringing in strikers who can't score....but we can't blame him for Bradshaw getting injured and that has to be having an impact.

I agree 100% with this sentiment.

That's just bollocks. He trains them every day, he picks the team, his team.

It's not to do with luck. Have we been unlucky in all 13 games this season to end up the lowest scorers in the league?

Of course we haven't!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Looking forward to reading the reports from those that went (apart from Belg and Blazing :wink: ). Sounds like we did enough to have won with ease. Encouraging.

fudge the squeaky arsed Scunthorpe :D
Last edited by chestersaddler on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 pm

We couldn't score last season. He released Westcarr, reworked the front line.

We still can't score.

Clearly the issue goes deeper than the players not performing.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Makes a mockery of his decision to send bakayoko on loan to Southport.

In desperate need of goals, he could do a lot worse than give Bakayoko a run of games in the team.

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 pm

yoda wrote:23rd with the next 4 games consisting of a team in an automatic spot and the other 3 around the playoffs.

Promising. We only ever win against the good teams :D . #smithin

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 pm

chestersaddler wrote:Looking forward to reading the reports from those that went. Sounds like we did enough to have won with ease. Encouraging.

fudge the squeaky arsed Scunthorpe :D

Why? it doesn't matter whether we played like Brazil, Germany or Barcelona..............we lost again. Perhaps we were just unlucky :wink:

m&m
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

I posted that he should have gone after Scunthorpe only for many to defend him.
surely even Mr Untouchable can't survive this.

4 wins in 32 games....

Are you for real Nottmsaddler?

pumajaguar
UTS Veteran

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Bollocks to the unlucky argument, we've been saying that for months. There's only so long you can pretend you're not getting what you deserve in this sport.

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Come Saturday if Bradshaw plays he'll have his full team playing, he has no excuses if we don't win.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Cully wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:Looking forward to reading the reports from those that went. Sounds like we did enough to have won with ease. Encouraging.

donald the squeaky Arsenal Scunthorpe :D

Why? it doesn't matter whether we played like Brazil, Germany or Barcelona..............we lost again. Perhaps we were just unlucky :wink:

Maybe not to you. I can live with these things. 30 odd attempts says we were positive which is....positive. Had Bradshaw been fit .....

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:02 pm

I hear there's a clause in the football league that says if you have a striker injured, you don't get relegated.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:04 pm

yoda wrote:I hear there's a clause in the football league that says if you have a striker injured, you don't get relegated.

That's is correct... And we will not.

Happydays2122
UTS Regular

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Surely this can't continue

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Absolutely gutted, this is so cack. There is no logic to how its got this bad. That many shots and we can't score, is there a betting syndicate in the team or something?

Utter Joke.

Things won't be pleasant if we lose on Saturday.

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:

Maybe not to you. I can live with these things. 30 odd attempts says we were positive which is....positive. Had Bradshaw been fit .....

Had.......the new 'if' :D

Being positive and losing is worse than being negative and winning. Having witnessed probably 90% of the last 35 games, the number of times Walsall could remotely be called positive in an attacking sense is once.............and I didn't see that game :D

Get yourself down to Bescot on Saturday Chester, I'll buy you another one of those mind warping drinks you've obviously been supping tonight out of my winnings :D

JAL-WFC

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Who remembers Coventry away?

Seems Deanooooo can only manage a squad for half a season...

If we dont get rid of him now then it we will only get rid of him when we are completely cut adrift, unless we have a miraculous turn around like 2 seasons ago... mind you, we dont have Pato, Grigg and Brandy, rather Grimes, Forde and Manset.

League 2 bound!

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 pm

yoda wrote:I hear there's a clause in the football league that says if you have a striker injured, you don't get relegated.

That'll be the SMITHIN escape clause to be found immediately after the unlucky 35 clause.

m&m
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 pm

And another one which says that if you have over 30 shots at goal without scoring you are automatically awarded all 3 points.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 pm

derbysaddler wrote:Absolutely gutted, this is so eartha. There is no logic to how its got this bad. That many shots and we can't score, is there a betting syndicate in the team or something?

Utter Joke.

Things won't be pleasant if we lose on Saturday.

It's what happens when players stop playing for their manager, heads drop, performances drop.

I saw signs of it on Saturday - there was no "will" in the team, nothing.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Cully wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:

Had.......the new 'if' :D

Being positive and losing is worse than being negative and winning. Having witnessed probably 90% of the last 35 games, the number of times Walsall could remotely be called positive in an attacking sense is once.............and I didn't see that game :D

Get yourself down to Bescot on Saturday Chester, I'll buy you another one of those mind warping drinks you've obviously been supping tonight out of my winnings :D

I thought you'd only won forty quid? :wink:

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote: Get yourself down to Bescot on Saturday Chester, I'll buy you another one of those mind warping drinks you've obviously been supping tonight out of my winnings :D

I thought you'd only won forty quid? :wink:

I knew it, you've been borrowing Sound_out's bong :wink: What price are wraps nowadays?

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season