Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Crawley Town (A) League One Tues 21 Oct, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Re: Crawley Town (A) League One Tues 21 Oct, 7.45pm

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:36 pm

It's all nonsense, just message board talk, I know for a fact that Belge, like myself would buy any Walsall fan off here a pint if we saw them in a boozer before or after a game no problem. Walsall boys should stick together.

I said earlier, don't care if Smith goes, or stays, We are Walsall and all said and done that's all that matters.

PT
Site Addict

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Well done to those that went. I'm often in London midweek so gutted I couldn't make it despite the result.

Said my bit about Smith after Saturday, last night doesn't change anything and neither will whatever happens on Saturday. We need to see a sustained improvement. I'm not driving on Saturday, so there will be an improvement of some sort. :D

SWS1

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 pm

saddla wrote:.
I cannot remember us ever having dominated a game so much without scoring.
:(

Did you see the game at Shrewsbury a couple of years (?) ago? We hammered them, but lost 1 - 0. We actually did OK after that.
Seems very similar to this game except the Shrews goalie did have a "worldy".
What are their fans saying about the game?? Anybody checked? If I was them, I'd be laughing my socks off, but worried at the same time. :?
:|
PS Arsenal played pony-and-trap tonight and won with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Not even looked for arsenal result, still to busy loffin gat Liverpool result :lol:

kshammer
Site Addict

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 am

SWS1 wrote:

Did you see the game at Shrewsbury a couple of years (?) ago? We hammered them, but lost 1 - 0. We actually did OK after that.

Don't mention that Shrewsbury game. I still get annoyed by it to this day.

Rushall Saddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:12 pm

SWS1 wrote:

What are their fans saying about the game?? Anybody checked? If I was them, I'd be laughing my socks off, but worried at the same time. :?
PS Arsenal played pony-and-trap tonight and won with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes.

Was that Shrewsbury game the one on the TV? On a Sunday I believe?

kshammer
Site Addict

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Rushall Saddler wrote:
SWS1 wrote:

Was that Shrewsbury game the one on the TV? On a Sunday I believe?

Yes I think it was. I went to the game - even Taundry played well.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 pm

SWS1

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Well, after seeing that, it's obvious. We played great, flowing football, terrific movement, intelligent positions, calculated passing, created chances, missed the lot.
What was that last bit? Oh, yeah; missed the lot. Unfortunately, it's quite important to score goals. Scoring nil rather limits the outcome of the game to "draw" or, much more likely, "defeat" as even pony-and-trap opposition are quite likely to get one.
What a shame. We really did everything - except score the hat full we should have done.
Difficult to know what to say, really. The players must be as gutted as we are. Let's hope Smithout can raise them for Saturday.
Let's keep the faith. If we can play like that, it must happen for us soon. Mustn't it.
:( :? :| :) :D
UTS!

PT
Site Addict

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:22 am

SWS1 wrote:Well, after seeing that, it's obvious. We played great, flowing football, terrific movement, intelligent positions, calculated passing, created chances, missed the lot.
What was that last bit? Oh, yeah; missed the lot. Unfortunately, it's quite important to score goals. Scoring nil rather limits the outcome of the game to "draw" or, much more likely, "defeat" as even pony-and-trap opposition are quite likely to get one.
What a shame. We really did everything - except score the hat full we should have done.
Difficult to know what to say, really. The players must be as gutted as we are. Let's hope Smithout can raise them for Saturday.
Let's keep the faith. If we can play like that, it must happen for us soon. Mustn't it.
UTS!

Ar. Wie're like a darts player who can't hit a double. Treble twenties mean nowt if you can't finish it off with a double and that's us.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:38 am

PT wrote:
SWS1 wrote:Well, after seeing that, it's obvious. We played great, flowing football, terrific movement, intelligent positions, calculated passing, created chances, missed the lot.
UTS!

Ar. Wie're like a darts player who can't hit a double. Treble twenties mean nowt if you can't finish it off with a double and that's us.

A fair analogy, except that against Crewe we couldn't even hit the dartboard......... :evil:

Whitters
Site Addict

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 am

belgiansaddler wrote:Not even looked for Arsenal result, still to busy loffin gat Liverpool result :lol:

Hmmm - so you like seeing evidence that English football is so far behind Spanish football that it might as well give up?
Walsall could have defended better.
And probably would have had more shots....

Rushall Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 am

PT wrote:
UTS!

To quote the Elizabeth Duke jewellery loving, husky voiced legend that is Bobby George, 'Trebles for show, doubles for dough!'.

SWS1

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm still fuming at our powder-puff finishing after all that great football. It wasn't as if our "final pass" was amiss (as so many managers say following a narrow defeat after bossing possession).It was, plainly and simply, eartha shooting that was to blame. Surely the coaches can do summat about that? On that display, we can do everything except Donald well shoot. How frustrating is that?

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:52 pm

SWS1 wrote:I'm still fuming at our powder-puff finishing after all that great football. It wasn't as if our "final pass" was amiss (as so many managers say following a narrow defeat after bossing possession).It was, plainly and simply, eartha shooting that was to blame. Surely the coaches can do summat about that? On that display, we can do everything except Donald well shoot. How frustrating is that?

Are you 'sallian in disguise, young Bob ??? :mrgreen:

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season