Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Crawley Town (A) League One Tues 21 Oct, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
chestersaddler
Site Addict

Re: Crawley Town (A) League One Tues 21 Oct, 7.45pm

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Cully wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote: Get yourself down to Bescot on Saturday Chester, I'll buy you another one of those mind warping drinks you've obviously been supping tonight out of my winnings :D

I thought you'd only won forty quid? :wink:

I knew it, you've been borrowing Sound_out's bong :wink: What price are wraps nowadays?

Au contraire, Cully. I have been enjoying a bottle of fine Champagne to celebrate 20 years of marriage to my beloved. Maybe that's why I cannot get too bent out of shape over a 1-0 defeat to Crawley. :D

Whitters
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 pm

BathSaddler wrote:That is not bad luck. It's bad management.

I made my mind up that Smith had to go on Saturday. An obviously improved performance, but dominating a game to that extent and not winning is just laughable. Not to mention against a side low on confidence and conceding loads of goals.

He signed these players. He has to carry the can. He has to go.

I await abuse from Whitters :roll: .

No abuse at all - what you say makes perfect sense.
It's the miserable whining that gets my goat not reasoned comments like yours.
Get on the match thread any time when we're playing and you get the worst examples of so called supporters having a go at everything.
They all go on like they're victims and I suppose that's their personality type.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Smith has described tonight's performance as 'Outstanding' in the press.

I am on the verge of having a heart attack with anger.

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote: Get yourself down to Bescot on Saturday Chester, I'll buy you another one of those mind warping drinks you've obviously been supping tonight out of my winnings :D

I thought you'd only won forty quid? :wink:

I knew it, you've been borrowing Sound_out's bong :wink: What price are wraps nowadays?

Au contraire, Cully. I have been enjoying a bottle of fine Champagne to celebrate 20 years of marriage to my beloved. Maybe that's why I cannot get too bent out of shape over a 1-0 defeat to Crawley. :D

Many congratulations to you both...............you're right, I don't think Châteaux Bescot would live up to your obvious high standards :D

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Neuromantic wrote:Smith has described tonight's performance as 'Outstanding' in the press.

:lol: :lol:

Oh come off it

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:44 pm

We are in the bottom 4 and have lost to all the other three teams currently in the relegation zone with us - Yeovil, Scunny and Crewe. This is in the context of only 4 wins in 32 league games since events at Meadow Lane all those months ago.

I'm struggling to see anything encouraging in the above, and see only a pattern of failure.
Last edited by BathSaddler on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm

latviancheese wrote:
Neuromantic wrote:Smith has described tonight's performance as 'Outstanding' in the press.

:lol: :lol:

Oh come off it

In fairness, we probably were very good in open play, but we lost through one piece of quality from the opposition late on. It's just magnified by x1000 because the opposition were cack, and we are currently in a cack run, in a cack position with cack morale. Views from Crawley fans...

'Walsall were all over us for most of the game, they didn't stop, both teams were poor though, good goal'

'Unbelievable. Not sure how we got away with that. We had a couple of brief spells in the second half but Walsall outplayed us for much of the game. If Walsall play like that regularly, they will stay up with room to spare. It may sound flippant but their only real problem was getting the shots on target. I think sacking their manager would be a mistake. They look only a fairly reasonable striker away from a pretty decent side.
Wondering how important our late goal will turn out to be come the season's end - for both sides.
In spite of tonight's result, we look troubled. If Walsall could shoot straight, we would have leaked five more to add to the nine in the last two games'

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:56 pm

It doesn't sound like we tested their keeper either though. Which makes it worse.

SWS1

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:Looking forward to reading the reports from those that went. Sounds like we did enough to have won with ease. Encouraging.

donald the squeaky Arsenal Scunthorpe :D

Why? it doesn't matter whether we played like Brazil, Germany or Barcelona..............we lost again. Perhaps we were just unlucky :wink:

Maybe not to you. I can live with these things. 30 odd attempts says we were positive which is....positive. Had Bradshaw been fit .....

Not to be nit pickin' at a time like this, but it's 25 attempts on goal of which 6 were on target. It's a mistake I made myself a while back.
More seriously, I actually came back tonight to check on the scores and felt a lot worse after seeing we'd had five times the number of attempts as the opposition with three times as many on target and not scored one! I thought it was an error at first, but no. We managed what seems like the impossible. I'm seriously worried that someone up there doesn't like us.[/size] It's the only explanation. Another way to view the statistics is: THEIR on-target rate was 20%, with a scoring rate of 50% of on-target shots. OURS was an on-target rate of 24% with Donalding Donald all score rate.
All these super-stats prove conclusively more or less Donalding Donald all. We lost again against an "inferior" team.
I am well Donalding gypsyed off.
I'm going to bed.
:(

wfc & chips
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 pm

you forgot to mention cack fans on a cack message board sadders. wonder if o'donnell ingeniously covered the far post again. massively overrated keeper.

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 pm

3 points separate the bottom ten teams

This league is so weak

The infamous vote of confidence from the chairman is required to turn this around whilst we still can

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 pm

wfc & chips wrote:you forgot to mention cack fans on a cack message board sadders. wonder if o'donnell ingeniously covered the far post again. massively overrated keeper.

:D welcome back mr chips and can you please stop whining on the match thread, it's upsetting whitters.

SWS1

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Ghostofwalsallpast wrote:Crawley 3:1 Walsall

Wild celebrations as we score a goal

Smith to take advantage of the weather and blame Gonzalo

Oh, you silly, optimistic boy - Walsallnil to score a goal? I'm sure you were only jesting!
We could have 25 shots and get 6 on target without scoring ....ooh, er, that's exactly what we did, come to think. :(

wfc & chips
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Cowshed wrote:3 points separate the bottom ten teams

This league is so weak

The infamous vote of confidence from the chairman is required to turn this around whilst we still can

that statistic is why you stay patient, but i understand logic is at something of a premium here.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 pm

I said after the Oldham defeat that we needed to quickly arrest the slide and stop this becoming the latest of the Smith era of mega runs without a win. Unless changes are made (i.e. Smith getting the boot) I fear we're entering another long stretch without a win.

We may out play teams and look slightly good at the passing game but we're totally fudge clueless in front of goal. If Funky would allow me to bring in some pesky stats then it shows we were one of the lowest scorers last season and THE lowest so far this. It only leads me to one conclusion ..... SMITH OUT!

wfc & chips
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Cully wrote:
wfc & chips wrote:you forgot to mention cack fans on a cack message board sadders. wonder if o'donnell ingeniously covered the far post again. massively overrated keeper.

:D welcome back mr chips and can you please stop whining on the match thread, it's upsetting whitters.

i figured there was a dearth of halfwitted bullshit in my life. replete already!

SWS1

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 pm

This league is so weak

And who, according to the table (which never lies) are the second-to-worst team in this awfully weak league?
Oh, bloody Donald, Donald, Donald, Donald, Donald, Donald and some more Donalding Donald.
I should of (sic) gone to bed already.
:(

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 pm

wfc & chips wrote:
Cully wrote:

i figured there was a dearth of halfwitted bullshit in my life. replete already!

i was hoping you might have commented on the isis thread, you'd have found the other half on there.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:26 pm

wfc & chips wrote:

This league is so weak

that statistic is why you stay patient, but i understand logic is at something of a premium here.

A win tonight would have put us up to the heady heights of 17th.

Saying 3 points separate the bottom ten is frankly delusional.

The facts are:

- out of 24 teams and 14 games, we have won the fewest (2)
- out of 24 teams and 14 games, we have scored the fewest (11)
- we have the equal least points in the division (12)
- the last 32 league games have yielded just 4 wins

That kind of performance I'm sure would not be acceptable for any other football club - why should walsall fc be any different?

wfc & chips
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Cully wrote:
wfc & chips wrote:
Cully wrote:

i was hoping you might have commented on the isis thread, you'd have found the other half on there.

no point, i only discuss isis with intellectuals. it breaks my heart what they're doing to the sufis, i always identified with them as i'd ascend into trance states while street skating. jah bless.

wfc & chips
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
wfc & chips wrote:

This league is so weak

A win tonight would have put us up to the heady heights of 17th.

Saying 3 points separate the bottom ten is frankly delusional.

The facts are:

- out of 24 teams and 14 games, we have won the fewest (2)
- out of 24 teams and 14 games, we have scored the fewest (11)
- we have the equal least points in the division (12)
- the last 32 league games have yielded just 4 wins

That kind of performance I'm sure would not be acceptable for any other football club - why should walsall fc be any different?

the main problem with your argument is i truly couldn't give a fudge what you think. 1 of my favourite hats was a purple embroided think hat, the i was a lightbulb, like an idea sitting on your front brain. i left it on the train when i went to nanterre prefecture to fudge a brazilian hand surgeon's daughter, and watched the train pull out with a heavy heart, but daddy's wine cellar was spectacular. she told me she'd become empress of europe which i thought was great, i could sell a kiss 'n' tell for a fortune, so she decided to have me killed. so far so good. incredible tits.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:00 pm

There is an almost untolerable level of bullshit posted on this website. The older I grow, the more I realise that I actually can't stand about 95% of our own fanbase, which is quite sad really. It's like some are urging us to fail. Not only is that weird, it kind of defies the object of the word 'support' in 'supporters'. I shall still give me pennies worth each and every matchday though, even if only to hand some sort of balance to some of the complete crud spouted.

Mid table we will finish this season, with or without Dean Smith managing us and FWIW Smith WON'T be sacked anytime soon, unless the margin of defeats gets considerably worse. Support it, or only increase the negativity throughout the club and help absolutely nobody.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Sadders wrote:There is an almost untolerable level of bullshit posted on this website. The older I grow, the more I realise that I actually can't stand about 95% of our own fanbase, which is quite sad really. It's like some are urging us to fail. Not only is that weird, it kind of defies the object of the word 'support' in 'supporters'. I shall still give me pennies worth each and every matchday though, even if only to hand some sort of balance to some of the complete crud spouted.

Mid table we will finish this season, with or without Dean Smith managing us and FWIW Smith WON'T be sacked anytime soon, unless the margin of defeats gets considerably worse. Support it, or only increase the negativity throughout the club and help absolutely nobody.

Considerably worse? Like 5 wins in 789 games then? Then will you be discontent?

Absolutely clueless.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Sadders wrote:There is an almost untolerable level of bullshit posted on this website. The older I grow, the more I realise that I actually can't stand about 95% of our own fanbase, which is quite sad really. It's like some are urging us to fail. Not only is that weird, it kind of defies the object of the word 'support' in 'supporters'. I shall still give me pennies worth each and every matchday though, even if only to hand some sort of balance to some of the complete crud spouted.

nothing like edging your bets is there?

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Neuromantic wrote:

Considerably worse? Like 5 wins in 789 games then? Then will you be discontent?

Absolutely clueless.

:lol:

The give away was in the 'UNLESS THE MARGIN' part changes. :shock:

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 pm

IHTC. wrote:

I do think we will finish mid table regardless, the starting XI is comfortably mid table quality, if we keep them all fit for most of the remainder of this season, we will finish potentially higher, if we don't then perhaps slightly lower. Smith won't be sacked unless we lose say 8 from the next 10 or, the next 3 or 4 games 4-0, 3-1, 5-2 etc. Whatever happens to Walsall FC this season, we won't go down. If Smith remains in charge, we won't go down. If Smith is fired, we wont. Can't really be much clearer than that.

wfc & chips
Glitterati

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 pm

IHTC. wrote:

what about hedging your bets? that's pretty close.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:31 pm

I take it Phil and all other smith haters were there? Grow up and stop the vendetta. Yes we didn't play well, first half looked like two doomed teams. Second half we dominated but lacked goal threat. They scored from worldie free kick, their first shot.

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:33 pm

It is absolutely fascinating that you post reams of endless "support" for the club, unless it is anything to do with Richard O'Donnell , where you seek to attack him for very error, actual or fabricated.
Your eagerness to blame him for conceding the goal against Crewe, when he was actually totally blameless, was an intolerable level of bullshit completely off the scale of irrationality.
Now that is what I would call weird.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 pm

wfc & chips wrote:
IHTC. wrote:

what about hedging your bets? that's pretty close.

What's an H between friends? But Thankyou anyway.

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season