Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Doncaster H

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
IHTC.
Site Addict

Re: Doncaster H

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Yes super Tom Bradshaw

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:17 pm

2-0 Weee Bradshaw again. :D :D

jeffsmate
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Super Bradshaw

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Attendance 3741 with 479 from up north.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:22 pm

3-0 I feel dizzy lol

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Forde makes it 3-0 :D :D :D

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Sawyers & Bradshaw OFF Grimes & Manset ON.

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:48 pm

Romaine Sawyers voted Sponsors Man of the Match.

Great result 3-0 now up to 17th. :D :D :D

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:55 pm

"Playoff contenders" :D

Chomper
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:55 pm

That'll do nicely. Great result. In Deano we trust.

UTS Legend

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Another good home win!

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:02 pm

3741 and people think we should be doing much better in this division :roll:

Excellent win.

Another flat atmosphere.

What's happened to Donny?!

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:15 pm

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:3741 and people think we should be doing much better in this division :roll:

Excellent win.

Another flat atmosphere.

We could be Rochdale........in the play off places, humiliating us (should have been 7/8-0 as anyone there will attest) and they get 2,000...go figure!

Great win by the lads, good to see goals going in......... at last!

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:23 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:3741 and people think we should be doing much better in this division :roll:

Excellent win.

Another flat atmosphere.

We could be Rochdale........in the play off places, humiliating us (should have been 7/8-0 as anyone there will attest) and they get 2,000...go figure!

Great win by the lads, good to see goals going in......... at last!

Rochdale are an exception, there's a surprise package season or so (Yeovil etc), allbeit not as small as Rochdale.....lets see where they end up? Still very early on.

SWS1

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:29 pm

SWS1 wrote:Don't know why but I feel another 0 - 0 coming on.
But my heart says 3 - 0 to us.
Always.
:D

My heart was right! :D
Mind you, heart says 3 - 0 to us every week. :wink:
Great win. Looking forward to eye-witness reports.
Lovely Saturday night and Sunday coming up! :D

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:41 pm

First half I thought Doncaster shaded it, but we scored at the perfect time and came out after the break looking like a different team, and went on to dominate the second half.

Referee and linesman combined to bottle one of the most blatant penalty shouts you'll ever see...clear as day.

Bradshaw isn't a great all round striker, he's not quick, but he's a fox in the box, he'll score 20 this season if we give him the service.

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Decent performance in the first half capped by a wonderful set piece routine goal orchestrated by O'Kelly on the sidelines. Then we tore them apart in the second half and could easily have scored a lot more.

Great performance, great result. Sawyers back to his very best, and Bradshaw is a great all round striker. Never troubled at the back, Flanagan's passing let him down but he (later Clifford) and Chambers were a very good shield in front of the back four and for once all four players in front of them were on fire.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:23 pm

I enjoyed that! Donny were cack at the back, but Bradshaw is a star.

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Great performance and three great goals.

Sawyers was back at his best today, a class above. Its a shame he is so inconsistent. Fully deserved MOTM.

Forde played really well too. So did Bradshaw. And O'Connor. In fact everyone was apart from Flanagan who needs to be dropped. I appreciate he is young and he does have talent but Clifford is miles better at the moment.

Baxendale was poor until his superb goal. Looked a different player second half.

Chips!!! About time :D

Uts

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:40 pm

for 44 minutes the game was largely uneventful, then Baxo scored a sexy goal and from then on there was only ever one winner. Always nice to put that horrible cretin dickov in his place.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:50 pm

O'Connor was my MOTM

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Excellent win.

Another flat atmosphere.

Great win today 3-0 vs a that's just come down
Who cares how many was there? not me and clearly not the players if they can win 3-0 long may it continue UTS

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Good good win that. Goals seem to be coming in bunches this season. Fancied Forde to score today and I was going to say Bax aswell given it was his hometown club.

Bradshaw is quality isn't he, well done Smith on that signing.

If the result at Rochdale had been a 1-0 defeat then I think pretty much everyone would've been delighted at 7 out of 12. Two clean sheets straight after suggests that was just a freak night.

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Just a bit of trivia here. Their No.22 Reece Wabara who they signed from Man City was originally a youth teamer with us until he was 15.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Excellent win.

Another flat atmosphere.

That One Direction Kid pulling out of the takeover has killed them with any sort of promotion challenge this season.

I know it's a hobby horse for me but honestly Barnsley, Yeovil and Donny are the three worst clubs to come down into league one for many a year. None will challenge for promotion and wouldn't shock me if one of them went down.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:15 pm

1st half absolutely dire with one upfront [Bradshaw] and at least 8 behind the ball. No urgency, no shots on target all in all no change from when I went away to Scunthorpe in August. Rather surprising end to the first half with a decent goal scored by our tea boy , Baxendale, who up to that point was his usual self, pissing about with the ball before eventually losing it. weak and ineffective but producing an excellent finish to surprisingly put us ahead............phew!
Second half was a lot better and the team started off quite confidently, at last getting forward quickly in numbers at last which meant that there were more options than the one we normally have ...........ie boot the ball to Bradshaw. At last Sawyers started to find players and his brilliant pass for Bradshaw to run onto and beat the keeper was the best of the match, his face, when he realised that Bradshaw was going to beat their centre half to the ball and score, was a picture of happiness :D . Great move and finish. The third goal scored by Forde in off the post meant that the last 20 minutes was to some extent rather easy, team confident and relaxed. It's a pity that Smithout cannot set his team up to be more attacking instead of the usual defensive, every man behind the ball tactics he loves so much. Nice 10 min performance from Manset......he looked good and man of the match was definitely Chambers.

Smith out..........he's rubbish, 4 wins in 30 games? :D

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:26 pm

A well deserved win. I actually don't think we were outstanding, but we were considerably better than them and they didn't want to know once that second goal went in. Most of our lot would get an 8/10 today.

Sawyers was a different class and him and Bradshaw look like they have a really effective understanding of eachother's strengths. The ball Sawyers played in for Bradshaw's goal was practically undefendable.

I thought that was as close as Baxendale's been to the form of his first season since - well, probably since that first season. Yes, there were a couple of slip-ups, but his movement, his goal, and some of the powerful runs he made were exactly what we'd been crying out for in those games where we'd looked lethargic. Hopefully that's the benchmark from him now.

I still think Forde's a funny player as he barely does anything, then pops up with a goal or an assist. We carried him for most of the first half, but if he wants to despatch free kicks like that every few games, we'll take the flaws in his game.

Great to see us start to look half decent at home and good to see Cook and J. Chambers back in the squad again too.

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Not sure I'm in favour of interrupting our beautiful football by actually scoring goals :|

Champagne moment - O'Connor's outrageous back heel to Baxi in the second half.

Did we sneak an extra player on at half time?

SWS1

Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Cully wrote:1st half absolutely dire with one upfront [Bradshaw] and at least 8 behind the ball. No urgency, no shots on target all in all no change from when I went away to Scunthorpe in August. Rather surprising end to the first half with a decent goal scored by our tea boy , Baxendale, who up to that point was his usual self, gypsy's about with the ball before eventually losing it. weak and ineffective but producing an excellent finish to surprisingly put us ahead............phew!
Second half was a lot better and the team started off quite confidently, at last getting forward quickly in numbers at last which meant that there were more options than the one we normally have ...........ie boot the ball to Bradshaw. At last Sawyers started to find players and his brilliant pass for Bradshaw to run onto and beat the keeper was the best of the match, his face, when he realised that Bradshaw was going to beat their centre half to the ball and score, was a picture of happiness :D . Great move and finish. The third goal scored by Forde in off the post meant that the last 20 minutes was to some extent rather easy, team confident and relaxed. It's a pity that Smithout cannot set his team up to be more attacking instead of the usual defensive, every man behind the ball tactics he loves so much. Nice 10 min performance from Manset......he looked good and man of the match was definitely Chambers.

Smith out..........he's rubbish, 4 wins in 30 games? :D

Smithout :lol:
Not for the moment, eh? :lol:
That's as bad as my Walsallnil jape! :lol:

SWS1

Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:29 pm

By the way, I kept saying it and I'll keep saying it - suspend judgement at least until Smithout has a more or less full squad to pick from. A couple back today and look at the effect. When Mantom is fit (?), we should have a squad capable of better than mid-table in this year of the no-big-teams Div 1.
Glass 75% FULL.

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season