Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Gillingham Away

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Whitters
Site Addict

Re: Gillingham Away

Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:26 am

Sadders wrote:Decent point. They won't go down, so it's a good cleansheet and away point. I'd have taken 4 points from Preston at home, Dale/Gills away. Preston WILL finish in the top 6. Dale have monentum, only second to confidence as the most important thing in Sport IMO and Gills where we never, ever, ever win.

Realistic - far more realistic than the moaning borefest charlies who think a point at Gillingham isn't a top result.

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 am

SoccerHQ wrote:
hullsaddler wrote:What did anybody else there think of Grimes' chances in the first half? Not sure how far out he was for the one he ballooned over the bar.

Grimes is always ballooning shots over the bar and snatching at stuff. I know Managers will sometimes bend the truth slightly to promote new signings but really Deano claiming Grimes was "one of the best finishers I've seen" was pretty delusion, the bloke is bang average.

Speaking to Rochdale fans on Tuesday, they were bemoaning the fact that although he was a good finisher, he was lazy and had a couldn't-be-bothered attitude. I haven`t seen anything to suggest he is lazy or has a poor attitude since he joined us. There are goals in him because he creates the chances. Just needs to get his first to settle the nerves.

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 am

Whitters wrote:
Sadders wrote:Decent point. They won't go down, so it's a good cleansheet and away point. I'd have taken 4 points from Preston at home, Dale/Gills away. Preston WILL finish in the top 6. Dale have monentum, only second to confidence as the most important thing in Sport IMO and Gills where we never, ever, ever win.

Realistic - far more realistic than the moaning borefest charlies who think a point at Gillingham isn't a top result.

I'm glad we got a point, but as a game of football it was still one of the most dire nil-nils I have ever seen.

thesausage

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:48 am

Pleased with a point, but another uninspiring display by the sounds of it. Two home games coming up now, I'll be going to the Bristol City match. Interested to see which of our injured players will be back by then, seems like some of them have been out forever.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:28 am

Whitters wrote:

Have we stooped so low that we celebrate a nil nil draw @Gillingham? Give me strength.

Ok a draw is ok after what happened at Rochdale.

A top result is an away win against at Brizzle City for example or a draw away to a higher league team in the cup, for goodness sake.

If we celebrate yesterday's result as a momentous occasion we may Aswel give up.

P.s regarding Grimes, Smith did not say he's the best finisher at the club it's actually more ridiculous than that,
he actually said 'Hes the best finisher he's ever played or worked with'.

We are doomed.

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:32 am

IHTC. wrote:
Whitters wrote:

Have we stooped so low that we celebrate a nil nil draw @Gillingham? Give me strength.

A top result is an away win against at Brizzle City for example or a draw away to a higher league team in the cup, for goodness sake.

If we celebrate yesterday's result as a momentous occasion we may Aswel give up.

P.s regarding Grimes, Smith did not say he's the best finisher at the club it's actually more ridiculous than that,

We are doomed.

Go and support someone else then.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:36 am

IHTC. wrote:
Whitters wrote:

We are doomed.

He said decent point, not top result.

I swear some fans think we are Real Madrid and that we should be "smashing" teams like Gillingham, for fudge sake we sound like the dog heads. I saw someone on Twitter say today, "Couldn't even beat fudge Gillingham, we are going down"

WHAT? When did we get a big owner, huge budget and a history of winning things?

I guarantee someone is reading that thinking "Where's our ambition"?

Saying a draw away to Gillingham is "decent" is fudge REALISM, ambition has got nothing to do with it.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:40 am

JonnyOwen wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
Whitters wrote:

We are doomed.

He said decent point, not top result.

I swear some fans think we are Real Madrid and that we should be "smashing" teams like Gillingham, for donald sake we sound like the dog heads. I saw someone on Twitter say today, "Couldn't even beat donald Gillingham, we are going down"

WHAT? When did we get a big owner, huge budget and a history of winning things?

I guarantee someone is reading that thinking "Where's our ambition"?

Saying a draw away to Gillingham is "decent" is donald REALISM, ambition has got nothing to do with it.

I was referring to Whitters saying it was a top result.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:41 am

Whitters wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
Whitters wrote:

We are doomed.

Pathetic Bonseresq comment.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:47 am

You're arguing semantics.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:45 am

Everyone knows the team structure and way the team plays is set up to pick up results away and aside from horror shows like Rochdale, they do in fairness go to most grounds in this division and pick up a result.

The issue is though can they backup these decent points and beat the likes of Rochdale and Gillingham at the Bescot. Based on the awful home form of the last year, I wouldn't put a penny on it.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Whitters wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
Whitters wrote:

We are doomed.

What a pathetic and disrespectful comment.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Before everyone starts ganging up on Whitters, please remember that he is a complete lunatic :mrgreen:

pumajaguar
UTS Veteran

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Decent point in the circumstances. Failing to score in five our first nine games is woeful though.

Cully
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Got to be happy with a point...............SMITH OUT :D

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:44 pm

tinned wrote:
Whitters wrote:
IHTC. wrote:
Whitters wrote:

We are doomed.

What a pathetic and disrespectful comment.

I thought it was fair after a pathetic and disrespectful post.
He seems to think, as someone else said, that we are Real Madrid.

And how many times does the Ashley Grimes quote need quoting?
And how many times has he played and will IHTC be prepared to walk down Wednesbury Rd naked if he does come good?
IHTC = "I hate the cops".
Now that's disrespectful and pathetic.
Will he put a hundred quid into the cops retirement fund if Grimes comes good?

People expect managers and owners to talk to the media or fans and then endlessly ridicule what they say.
It's no wonder they don't talk.

Get a grip on reality folks, a point at Gillingham is a good point FFS.
"Doomed"???? A point at Gillingham and we are doomed?
Get back on the medication and also go support someone else.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Funniest post of the year.

1. I like Grimes's work rate and effort (as stated in previous match reports), but for Smith to say he's the best finisher he has seen smacks of desperate to justify his signing considering he could not hit a barn door with a banjo for Bury and neither for us so far.

2. Lets throw a street party as we drew at Gillingham. FFS!

3. You have gone from a top result to good result in 24hrs.

4. IHTC does not stand for ihatethecops, get your facts right I have never once had the police knocking on my parents door (or my own for that matter) and have the utmost respect for them.

As I said earlier. PATHETIC!
Last edited by IHTC. on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:58 pm

IHTC. wrote:Funniest post of the year.

1. I like Grimes's work rate and effort (as stated in previous match repoerts), but for Smith to say he's the best finisher Smith has seen smacks of desperate to justify his signing considering he could not hit a barn door with a banjo for Bury and neither for us so far.

2. Lets throw a street party as we drew at Gillingham. FFS!

4. IHTC does not stand for ihatethecops, get your facts right I have never once had the police knocking on my parents door (or my own for that matter) and have the utmost respect for them.

As I said earlier. PATHETIC!

Well you're probably right, it's not as good as a win at Bristol City.

Whitters
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:59 pm

chestersaddler wrote:Before everyone starts ganging up on Whitters, please remember that he is a complete lunatic :mrgreen:

I'm the first intellectual you've ever come across eh chester?
And you're confused.
Bless.

Ghostofwalsallpast
UTS Veteran

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Just read on a Sky Report that a Grimes hasn't scored since April 2013 :shock: Is that right?

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Ghostofwalsallpast wrote:Just read on a Sky Report that a Grimes hasn't scored since April 2013 :shock: Is that right?

2012/2013 was the last season he scored.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Whitters wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:Before everyone starts ganging up on Whitters, please remember that he is a complete lunatic :mrgreen:

I'm the first intellectual you've ever come across eh chester?
And you're confused.
Bless.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:14 pm

You're arguing over someone's personal definition of what constitutes a "top result" and what that word means to different people. "Top" isn't a specific measurement.

:?

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 am

When did this place become meltdown city?

4-0 loss away. Bad Result

0-0 draw away, following said 4-0 loss. Excellent way to steady the ship.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Whitters wrote:I thought it was fair after a pathetic and disrespectful post.
He seems to think, as someone else said, that we are Real Madrid.

And how many times does the Ashley Grimes quote need quoting?
And how many times has he played and will IHTC be prepared to walk down Wednesbury Rd naked if he does come good?
IHTC = "I hate the cops".
Now that's disrespectful and pathetic.
Will he put a hundred quid into the cops retirement fund if Grimes comes good?

People expect managers and owners to talk to the media or fans and then endlessly ridicule what they say.
It's no wonder they don't talk.

Get a grip on reality folks, a point at Gillingham is a good point FFS.
"Doomed"???? A point at Gillingham and we are doomed?
Get back on the medication and also go support someone else.

So telling somebody to go and support another club because they don't share your views is acceptable then?

Which one are you, Bonser or Whalley?

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:When did this place become meltdown city?

Far too much logic for this forum. :D

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:47 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Aldridge_saddler wrote:When did this place become meltdown city?

Far too much logic for this forum. :D

The mind boggles chap, of course we would all liked to have won. But we got thumped in the week, it could have been heads down and arses up against the Gills. We showed relative endeavour to grind out a result.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:50 pm

the erm "highlights"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnm3be3VkWg

Grimes could have put his shot anywhere but where he did and it would probably have gone in.

Whitters
Site Addict

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 pm

latviancheese wrote:the erm "highlights"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnm3be3VkWg

Grimes could have put his shot anywhere but where he did and it would probably have gone in.

Thanks.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Whitters wrote:

I'm the first tw*t you've ever come across eh chester?
And you're confused.
Bless.

No , actually Whitters, you are one of thousands I have had to endure during my fleeting time on this planet.

Curse.

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season