Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Scunthorpe United (A) League One 30th Aug, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
kshammer
Site Addict

Re: Scunthorpe United (A) League One 30th Aug, 3pm

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 am

Only just got round to reading this thread and i'm shocked Manset started. Terrible decision by Smith.

bobbyb

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:00 am

ChopperWFC wrote:Agree about Bax. Feel sorry for the lad never given a chance in his proper role . Been so many years we have craved a player like him now we do he's shunted to the wing. Waste of a player and part of me hopes he moves so he can play football . Our loss but I'm a football fan too and good players need to play .

Really think the club thought Bax was our next big money sale in the near future when they gave him his new contract.

I did too, but playing him out wide is no use at all, to him or the team.

Look back at how he played his best stuff when Paterson was in the team and play him there, he was really good.

Wont be getting big bucks for him if we dont play him in his best position and perform the way we all know he can.

Lets just hope we can all pull together and turn things round.

PLUS - When Sawyers returns, give him support not boos, it does not help him or the team.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Baxendale suffers from the fact Sawyers is rarely ever subbed.

Which is quite annoyign considering last season Sawyers looked shot for at least 15 games. Needed a rest.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:12 pm

highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdqv2DPDYAA

O Donnell should do better for the first and no keeper should be beaten from 45 yards for the 2nd. Still, the first goal was appalling defending, i wish we had a player who ran like that though....

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:50 pm

I like O'Donnell but there have been a few soft ones this season already... if that new chap is any good, he should be looking over his shoulder.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:09 pm

That free kick is not only miles out, its about 2 yards right of center, we were right in line with it up the other end and I immediately blamed O'Donnell. The first goal is shocking defending, bloke just gallops through 5 or 6 defenders with ease - would our right back ever do that? The chap takes a shot only slightly quicker than a grass cutter and O'Donnell is beaten at his front post and tips it in. Woeful defending, poor goalkeeping. So far this season I'd blame 2-3 goals on O'Donnell and we are yet to concede a goal I haven't though 'a better keeper saves that'.

Give MacGillivray a go if needs be.

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season