Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Port Vale - League One (a) 9th August 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Re: Port Vale - League One (a) 9th August 3pm

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
OperationYesUr wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:
OperationYesUr wrote:I'm sure i just quickly glanced at a poster claiming 'vale' are bigger than Walsall :shock:

Vale are not 'bigger' than Walsall at all.

If you're referring to Bath Saddler's post, his actual words were that "Port Vale are a bit bigger than Walsall in terms of support and resources".

Perfectly fair comment, i think.

If the game had been at Bescot do you honestly think we would have got a 7,500 gate? Not a chance.

Anyone else noticed this posters hatred towards me?

All I have noticed is nobody wants to engage with you on any level.

So why don't you take all of your various pseudonyms/split personalties and talk with them before you ruin the board again for everyone else?

Nail, head, hit fair and square. :wink:

He's even replying to his own posts now because nobody else will :lol:

Before too long there will be a convo between Sallian & Yes whatever he has called himself now.....neurosis & psychosis alive & well on UTS.

Thanks for the report - the Saddlers fans came across loud and proud on Radio Sjoke :P

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Having looked, there is some sort of business in Switzerland called Sjoke. Perhaps a radio station? :D

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Not sure what to think of Sawyers, he is constantly overplaying the attacks, and doesn't know how to shoot unless he is given about 10 seconds to wind up the shot and about 15 yards of space ahead of him. But then suddenly he will pick up the ball, effortly breeze passed a player and slide a pass through that could cause premature ejaculation for those who have loose penile functions.

Grimes is fudge class, love him, great player. Downing coped well after 30 minutes, grew into the game well. O'Connor was shocking first half, second nice and composed, forgot he was playing which is great for a defender. Benning is just excellent, I love this new plan B to our attacks now where we can put a ball over the top for Benning to run onto and challenge the full back as he is quite good in the air as well as pacey.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm

A good old tale of two halves.

First half was poor. We didn't cope with Pope and Marshall ran absolute ran rings around O'Connor, who looks generally - worryingly slow and immobile, despite a better second half performance. We looked lightweight. Sawyers was absolutely terrible. One nice pass followed by 20 flicks or blind passes that do nothing but give the ball away. Benning sat too deep and Grimes didn't want to track back which left us exposed. No idea what happened on the goal. Crap cover from Sawyers, Poor closing down from O'Connor and cack from O'Donnell I think.

Second half was much better. We created more overall. Vale resorted to defending deep and arrowing 50 yard balls towards Pope, much as it has been for years and we looked like we could get forward in numbers. Chambers/Chambers/Taylor got stuck in and Bradshaw took his goal nicely. Benning has the legs to be a winger, but still passes/shoots like a left back, no technique. Was very impressed by Brashaw. Worked bloody hard and he looks to be able to connect the play and finish in tight situations. Excited by him. Nearly nicked it late with Taylor's deflected drive and Grimes curling chip.

Positives?

- We looked better than I expected overall. Still cohesive and a hard working unit.
- Bradshaw and Grimes will score goals. (Grimes will get a red in an important game though, his yellow was foolish today)
- Baxendale looked good in central midfield and we didn't overally miss Mantom.
- Clifford looks good, lively, good on the ball.
- We looked stable as a team, more so than I expected.
- Mantom and Cook aren't fit yet, Manset potentially signing?

Negatives?

- Vale played poorly and we could only draw with them.
- We still need a new centre back. We missed Butler big time. Downing got abused by Pope.
- O'Connor looked so slow and unfit. He will get skinned by numerous wingers even in league one. Poor.
- Once again we and in particular Sawyers over-played in shooting positions.
- Grimes clearly isn't a winger, we played with 3 forwards a lot of the time, so narrow down the right. Bax isn't either.
- Benning has the legs and effort to be a winger, does he have the technique? Not sure, didn't skin anyone or even try too.
- Set pieces we offer absolutely zilch. We will get punished in either box if we don't add some height.
- Downing looked poor without Butler's guidance next to him.

O'Donnell - Looked poor on the goal? Handling and kicking fine otherwise.

O'Connor - Dreadful first half, out of position, very slow and skinned easily. Improved slightly in the second half - wasn't hard.
Chambers - Solid, headed and kicked well. Positionally good. Needs to encourage Downing who looked nervy.
Downing - Poor first half, got bullied by Pope. Improved in the air second half. Needs help from Chambers.
Taylor - Anonymous first half I thought, miles better second.

Benning - Worked hard and did 'okay' generally. Just not sure he's a wingers winger. Very left footed.
Chambers - Solid enough, just wish he'd contribute more at the top end of the pitch.
Baxendale - Pretty good I thought. Nice on the ball, worked hard. Not as lightweight as I expected.
Grimes - Did okay. In and out of the game, but likes a shot. Stupid booking/temper. Not a winger though. So many times everything came down the left because we had nobody on the right touchline.

Bradshaw - My MOTM. Hustled, bustled. Won things, scored a goal under pressure from the keeper. Connected the game. Very, very promising debut. He did what I wanted from Westcarr. Strong in the air, willing runner, good movement and good at winning 50-50's.

Sawyers - Such a frustrating player. You can't fault his need to get on the ball and hold it after he's given it away. But these fancy flicks need to be put away until he has mastered his proper game. So many blind balls, flicks, stupid passes that didn't come off. Sadly, he seemed to lose confidence and still not put the flicks away. If your game isn't going well, go back to basics. He is treading a fine line between being a hero, or a boo boy. So much talent and skill potentially wasted by not doing the basics.

Pleased with a point overall. Good support noise wise. On to Southend.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:10 pm

The Romaine Sawyers paradox is he can look lethagic and laid back in his play and today in the second half he gave some ridiculous passes straight to Vale but.............he's always involved right at the heart of the good Walsall moves such as the goal. I also feel once Clifford gets into the team those two will link up well.

Sawyers is worth perserving with, I back him to get into double figures for league goals this season.

Bradshaw worked hard and deserved his goal, Grimes didn't look that great to me, he'll be the first one out when new attackers are belatedly signed.

Good point after what was a very unispiring first half. Defence looked pretty shaky but sorted themselves out in the second half as Vale flagged.

Decent game but right now I'd say both will be mid table and no higher.

Edit ratings of course:

POD 6- Would give him a 7 but initial thoughts were he could've done a little better for the goal. Otherwise fine on crosses.

O'Connor 6- Very difficult first half it's fair to say against Marshall. In his defence whoever was supposed to be playing right midfield was not getting back at all so he was 1 v 1 too often. Improved first half and got forward well.

Downing 7- Shaky first half but much better second.

Chambers 7- Ditto.

Taylor 7- One of the best LBs in the league.

Chambers 6- Combative as ever.

Bax 6- Still for me a number 10, limited in other positions.

Grimes 5- Not hugely impressed tbh. IMO a sub at this level.

Sawyers 6- So so infuriating but when it clicks he's always involved in the best Walsall moves.

Benning 6- Decent, Vale hardly threatened down forward the right all game even when they moved Marshall there second half. Worth giving him a run in that position.

Bradshaw 7- Battled well, good goal. Wasn't sure on him starting straight away but he's shown he can be an option.

Subs bench 1- Oh dear. First game of the season and it's basically a player signed until January yesterday, the nursery squad and Holden. This remember is with Mantom the only one injured. Not good enough Smith. There will be many many games this season when game turning subs are needed and that bench is very limited for this level so two new first 11 players are needed then things will look a bit stronger with Grimes, Bax and Bradshaw on it.
Last edited by SoccerHQ on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Grimes didn't have a good game?

I thought he was our best player, especially considering he had been shoehorned to the wing.

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:34 pm

SoccerHQ, there is also Cook.

Also, Deano said that any deal between Manset and the club is now 'very unlikely'.
Well done Deano, we had said you would do this in a kind of sarcastic/believable manor. And what do you do, go and prove what we said.

No doubt the other deals 'brewing' will be either Ngoo, a surprise Webber return or some released L2 striker.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Ah yes I forgot about Cook, a certain starter when fit.

Disappointing on Manset, that type of striker is what is needed. Bakayoko could be in a year/18 months time but not now.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:46 pm

TheSwift wrote:SoccerHQ, there is also Cook.

Also, Deano said that any deal between Manset and the club is now 'very unlikely'.
Well done Deano, we had said you would do this in a kind of sarcastic/believable manor. And what do you do, go and prove what we said.

What?

Why would taking a gamble on an injury prone Manset who has a history of doing well in pre-season and then disappearing in the league, who has only made like 50 appearances in a few years who wants a 2 year deal from us... be a good thing? Props to Smith for not being weak and end up giving in to his demands, because if he did sign a 2 year, end up getting injured or not being good then Smith would get stick for that too. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:02 pm

We'll see, it would be good if Smith's plan B striker can get wrapped up and signed early next week.

I would like to think that's why there was a deadline for him and someone else is lined up but then again Smith is always painstakingly slow at getting strikers in so wouldn't shock me if that went right through to the end of August particularly with Bradshaw scoring today.

JAL-WFC

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:04 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:

What?

Why would taking a gamble on an injury prone Manset who has a history of doing well in pre-season and then disappearing in the league, who has only made like 50 appearances in a few years who wants a 2 year deal from us... be a good thing? Props to Smith for not being weak and end up giving in to his demands, because if he did sign a 2 year, end up getting injured or not being good then Smith would get stick for that too. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

How many players has Smith gambled on? Hereford rejects, failed premiership youth products, released strikers from League 2 clubs. Plenty of gambles and they, arguably, have all paid off to an extent.

Manset was the type of player we needed last season. He is the type of player we still need this season. Personally I think Smith doesnt have the balls to sign someone like him. Or its Smith being stubborn and not wanting to change his tippy-tappy/sexy/sometimes incredible dull footballing philosophy.

I like Smith. Granted the football we play is much better than playing hoofball which Vale played today. But Smith really needs to come out of his comfort zone and get someone like Manset in.

Come January, when injuries/fatigue etc occurs, I reckon Smith may rue this opportunity.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:06 pm

JAL-WFC wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:

What?

How many players has Smith gambled on? Hereford rejects, failed premiership youth products, released strikers from League 2 clubs. Plenty of gambles and they, arguably, have all paid off to an extent.

Manset was the type of player we needed last season. He is the type of player we still need this season. Personally I think Smith doesnt have the balls to sign someone like him. Or its Smith being stubborn and not wanting to change his tippy-tappy/sexy/sometimes incredible dull footballing philosophy.

I like Smith. Granted the football we play is much better than playing hoofball which Vale played today. But Smith really needs to come out of his comfort zone and get someone like Manset in.

Come January, when injuries/fatigue etc occurs, I reckon Smith may rue this opportunity.

How many of those gambles have been on deals longer than 1 year?

Zero.

He was fine taking gamble on Manset, but not for two years.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Didn't go but that isn't a bad point at all - especially as the new lads will need time to bed in plus Mantom being out.

It's exciting when a new striker scores on his debut.

JAL-WFC

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:21 pm

JonnyOwen wrote:
JAL-WFC wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:

What?

Zero.

Someone like Manset wont take a one-year deal. He has a family in France... what sort of security is that?

What happens if he signed a one year deal, scored goals, and then left on a free next year? Walsall fans would be claiming a distinct lack of ambition because of the one year deal.

If we want to actually progress on the past two season, taking a gamble like Manset is exactly what we should have done.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:28 pm

JAL-WFC wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:
JAL-WFC wrote:
JonnyOwen wrote:

What?

Zero.

Someone like Manset wont take a one-year deal. He has a family in France... what sort of security is that?

What happens if he signed a one year deal, scored goals, and then left on a free next year? Walsall fans would be claiming a distinct lack of ambition because of the one year deal.

If we want to actually progress on the past two season, taking a gamble like Manset is exactly what we should have done.

Well if we sign him and he is cack, then we have wasted money for two years, he was last as Cov so will be on a decent wedge too. Taking a gamble on a player with a high wage for two years, on our budget as well, is not what we need to do. It's fudge stupid, and Dean Smith is wise to not give in to him. I understand why he want's two years, but he wants two, we can't offer it him - so there's no deal there, oh well, we move on.

He's also 25 so he's no spring chicken either, even more of a reason to not take a gamble on him as players like Bradshaw have 3 years of development on him too.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:36 pm

I agree with taking a gamble on Manset - he seems right for us, but i can fully understand any reservations Smith and the club may have. He'd cost alot (for us) and seems to have a history of not fulfilling talent and possibly being difficult. For a club without much money, and a small squad with a good team spirit who pull in the same direction, it would make you think hard about it if you were manager.

There is a nagging feeling we could get the best out of him though. He's a big man up top who can actually play a bit and I reckon it would suit us - and our style suit him - down to the ground.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Manset is exactly what we lack, especially with set pieces and when the football doesn't always click. I fear we would be a much better side with him than without him, but I suppose we can never be sure and I agree, he won't come cheap and isn't proven - but who is at Walsall? We will either struggle and Smith will suffer, or he will take a gamble and give Bradshaw plenty of game time and he'l be the next cab off the sales rank.

Only time will tell.

JAL-WFC

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:52 pm

[/quote]
Well if we sign him and he is eartha, then we have wasted money for two years, he was last as Cov so will be on a decent wedge too. Taking a gamble on a player with a high wage for two years, on our budget as well, is not what we need to do. It's donald stupid, and Dean Smith is wise to not give in to him. I understand why he want's two years, but he wants two, we can't offer it him - so there's no deal there, oh well, we move on.

He's also 25 so he's no spring chicken either, even more of a reason to not take a gamble on him as players like Bradshaw have 3 years of development on him too.[/quote]

So instead of taking a gamble with someone like Manset for 2 years, would you rather take a gamble on 2/3 Hemmings/Ngoo/Hewitt type players all on one-year contracts? They all worked out well.

25 isnt old for a striker, he is younger than Westcarr for crying out loud. Our squad is so young and it needs an older head to add some experience.

Oh, and I know we have a very small budget. Nearly every member on UTS talks about it constantly. I am still yet to see any significant investment in the playing side with the Grigg/Paterson money.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Let's see what the Plan B is......there is a Plan B right? :lol:

As an aside given Mantom had some minutes in midweek was he just not deemed match fit today or has he suffered a setback?

m&m
Glitterati

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Having gone into a new season feeling fairly negative given our signings I only have praise for our team and management after today's performance.
The vale goal should never have happened but we out footballer them for 80 out of the 90 mins .

Really I don't know what game some posters have been at today. There was only going to be one winner after we deservedly equalised and it was slightly disappointing that we did not finish the job .
The only weak link was Baxendale. I'm not sure what his best position is if any?
Clifford looked much better.
Overall a good start to the new campaign and a great away following.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:01 pm

I would reserve judgement and see who he bring's in before we start moaning, I would like to sign him myself, but I trust Deano on this one that giving him two years would be a giant gamble that the club are not willing to take.

Lets see who he brings in, he said he hopes to get a few deals completed early this week, so hopefully we should see a replacement for Manset Monday or Tuesday.
Last edited by JonnyOwen on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:01 pm

JAL-WFC wrote:

Well if we sign him and he is eartha, then we have wasted money for two years, he was last as Cov so will be on a decent wedge too. Taking a gamble on a player with a high wage for two years, on our budget as well, is not what we need to do. It's donald stupid, and Dean Smith is wise to not give in to him. I understand why he want's two years, but he wants two, we can't offer it him - so there's no deal there, oh well, we move on.

He's also 25 so he's no spring chicken either, even more of a reason to not take a gamble on him as players like Bradshaw have 3 years of development on him too.[/quote]

So instead of taking a gamble with someone like Manset for 2 years, would you rather take a gamble on 2/3 Hemmings/Ngoo/Hewitt type players all on one-year contracts? They all worked out well.

25 isnt old for a striker, he is younger than Westcarr for crying out loud. Our squad is so young and it needs an older head to add some experience.

Oh, and I know we have a very small budget. Nearly every member on UTS talks about it constantly. I am still yet to see any significant investment in the playing side with the Grigg/Paterson money.
JAL-WFC wrote:

The wont be significant investment though. It will disappear into the cypriot ether.

The point is that fans are split between those who question where the money goes and hope it will appear to help signings and those who accept any such funds will never be seen again.

Neither group are happy but the latter are realists. Any funds we've received for Grigg or Pato - or future money for Troy - will have little to no impact on the money that is made available for signings. Horrible but true.

Saying that, some was invested in the youth system I think (which I always applaud).

OperationYesUr

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
funk_hits_the_fan wrote:
OperationYesUr wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:
OperationYesUr wrote:I'm sure i just quickly glanced at a poster claiming 'vale' are bigger than Walsall :shock:

Vale are not 'bigger' than Walsall at all.

If you're referring to Bath Saddler's post, his actual words were that "Port Vale are a bit bigger than Walsall in terms of support and resources".

Perfectly fair comment, i think.

If the game had been at Bescot do you honestly think we would have got a 7,500 gate? Not a chance.

Anyone else noticed this posters hatred towards me?

All I have noticed is nobody wants to engage with you on any level.

So why don't you take all of your various pseudonyms/split personalties and talk with them before you ruin the board again for everyone else?

Nail, head, hit fair and square. :wink:

I would hazard a guess, the two above are Father and Son, or, the same person. The hatred is for ALL TO SEE.
I engage with plenty on this site, i don't pretend i have 5 yacht's and a mansion or 6, i'm myself.

Hatred, pure hatred, soon everyone will either tell me why on twitter, or just see it themselves.

Unbreakable me. YesUr.

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Walsall fans, unbelievable. Typical histrionics one game into the season.

Manset is some kind of Henry/Ibrahimovic/Shearer figure because of a decent hour against Leicester in a friendly?! Ridiculous. Ask Coventry fans if he's any good. Ask Carlisle fans if he's any good. If he doesn't want to sign on our terms, why kowtow to him? Who is he? What's he achieved that makes him the great saviour of our season?

And yet Chambers - excellent at central defence against Leyton Orient & Posh last season and by all accounts good again today - will be a liability in the long run because he's no Andy Butler. What?!? I'd like to remind you that Port Vale scored four times in three games against us last season, all of them Butler played in. Two of the goals were his fault.

While I wasn't there today, I'd bet a sizeable amount that we played a 4-4-2 diamond formation with Grimes and Bradshaw up front (which is why Grimes wasn't covering the right flank). Then Sawyers in behind and the other three in deeper midfield positions. Benning, as a natural left-back, offered cover on the left but Bax didn't on the right which was why O'Connor (who most Walsall fans seemed to think would be playing central defence - again, what?!?) was exposed at right-back. That's the formation we've played in preseason, apart from the occasional experiment with three central defenders. I'd be highly surprised if we signed Grimes to throw out on the right wing, especially when Smith described him as one of the best finishers he'd ever seen.

Happy with a point, shame it wasn't three. I look forward to our customary early exit from the League Cup on Tuesday.

ToeJoe Jnr
UTS Regular

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Registered Saddler wrote:Walsall fans, unbelievable. Typical histrionics one game into the season.

Manset is some kind of Henry/Ibrahimovic/Shearer figure because of a decent hour against Leicester in a friendly?! Ridiculous. Ask Coventry fans if he's any good. Ask Carlisle fans if he's any good. If he doesn't want to sign on our terms, why kowtow to him? Who is he? What's he achieved that makes him the great saviour of our season?

And yet Chambers - excellent at central defence against Leyton Orient & Posh last season and by all accounts good again today - will be a liability in the long run because he's no Andy Butler. What?!? I'd like to remind you that Port Vale scored four times in three games against us last season, all of them Butler played in. Two of the goals were his fault.

While I wasn't there today, I'd bet a sizeable amount that we played a 4-4-2 diamond formation with Grimes and Bradshaw up front (which is why Grimes wasn't covering the right flank). Then Sawyers in behind and the other three in deeper midfield positions. Benning, as a natural left-back, offered cover on the left but Bax didn't on the right which was why O'Connor (who most Walsall fans seemed to think would be playing central defence - again, what?!?) was exposed at right-back. That's the formation we've played in preseason, apart from the occasional experiment with three central defenders. I'd be highly surprised if we signed Grimes to throw out on the right wing, especially when Smith described him as one of the best finishers he'd ever seen.

Happy with a point, shame it wasn't three. I look forward to our customary early exit from the League Cup on Tuesday.

By sizeable, how much are we talking, as I was there and we didn't play that formation. Baxendale was in the middle (And given we have Mantom and Clufford is likely to be warming the bench soon) while Grimes was indeed on the right.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Exile wrote:1-1 opening day draw.

First 'Smith out' call at 3.14pm after 47 passes leave the ball at the feet of Chambers, who decides row Z need a closer look at it.

One of my better predictions, looking at the prediction leagu.

Happy with a point, especially first game away. Glad to read that the players were more positive than negative.

Always amuses me on UTS when I see the irony of the 'this site is so negative' posts, which pretty much everyone immediately agrees with. :D

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:09 pm

A good point today, and from good reports on here have pointed out, it could and should have been three, but our 'usual' shortcoming of being unable to score, raises it's ugly head again........address it Deano, don't stick your your head in the sand and imagine it will miraculously 'go away'!

What does disappoint me is the continuous personal abuse that marrs this site, not interested in my own attackers, I'm old enough and ugly enough to cope with that, after all I am a 'racialist' (with due regard to Nanna off Benidorm!) We are ALL Walsall supporters...I cried with happiness at the Millenium.....these are MY folk, from MY hometown, and we all LOVE our 'little' club battling against the money and 'pulling power' of bigger local 'giants' .

On holiday in Florida I was lucky enough to meet, at the Universal theme park, a delightful young couple, two true Walsall supporters, proudly wearing 'OUR' shirt, on honeymoon after their wedding at The Banks's stadium. These youngsters are our future, I am so proud to be part of that future.

Up the Saddlers.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:A good point today, and from good reports on here have pointed out, it could and should have been three, but our 'usual' shortcoming of being unable to score, raises it's ugly head again........address it Deano, don't stick your your head in the sand and imagine it will miraculously 'go away'!

What does disappoint me is the continuous personal abuse that marrs this site, not interested in my own attackers, I'm old enough and ugly enough to cope with that, after all I am a 'racialist' (with due regard to Nanna off Benidorm!) We are ALL Walsall supporters...I cried with happiness at the Millenium.....these are MY folk, from MY hometown, and we all LOVE our 'little' club battling against the money and 'pulling power' of bigger local 'giants' .

On holiday in Florida I was lucky enough to meet, at the Universal theme park, a delightful young couple, two true Walsall supporters, proudly wearing 'OUR' shirt, on honeymoon after their wedding at The Banks's stadium. These youngsters are our future, I am so proud to be part of that future.

Up the Saddlers.

Saw your photo on Facebook! :mrgreen:

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:18 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:A good point today, and from good reports on here have pointed out, it could and should have been three, but our 'usual' shortcoming of being unable to score, raises it's ugly head again........address it Deano, don't stick your your head in the sand and imagine it will miraculously 'go away'!

Up the Saddlers.

Number one, I would love for you to actively point me in the direction of where this 'personal abuse' is please?

You've got your knickers in a twist because you have been called out on issues twice!

Racism and stating 'facts' that are in fact your opinions. Both of which being extremely negative.

Wow is that some positive sentiment surrounding Walsall in that post :shock:

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Wah, wah, wah...

I love UTS. :)

PreviousNext
Return to 2014-15 Season