Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leamington (a) - Friendly 26/07/14 KO 3.00pm

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Re: Leamington (a) - Friendly 26/07/14 KO 3.00pm

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:18 am

Ancient Moaner wrote:
DonningtonSaddler wrote:- Leamington ground was pleasant with a friendly, family atmosphere. They also did chips and let me take my pint onto the terrace! Unfortunately, one or two of our fans couldn't read a social setting if it was written in 50ft crayon. Why swear and shout obscenities when it's obvious little kids with mums are just yards from them? Embarrassing planks.

How I agree with that sentiment, having been a grade 111 (local) ref for years it astonishes me that I have to take the captains to one side to remind them that they are playing on a parks pitch, with mums and kids, there are those amongst us that still reel from the society that we live in, that still considers 'effing' this and 'effing' that to be the norm...there ARE other adjectives available, but regrettably American films have ruined our English social tongue. :( :(

Well said, having seen two couples with a five or six year old when on holiday walking down the canal towpath. Despite looking respectable, every other word started with an "F". Complete ignorance.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
DonningtonSaddler wrote:- Leamington ground was pleasant with a friendly, family atmosphere. They also did chips and let me take my pint onto the terrace! Unfortunately, one or two of our fans couldn't read a social setting if it was written in 50ft crayon. Why swear and shout obscenities when it's obvious little kids with mums are just yards from them? Embarrassing planks.

How I agree with that sentiment, having been a grade 111 (local) ref for years it astonishes me that I have to take the captains to one side to remind them that they are playing on a parks pitch, with mums and kids, there are those amongst us that still reel from the society that we live in, that still considers 'effing' this and 'effing' that to be the norm...there ARE other adjectives available, but regrettably American films have ruined our English social tongue. :( :(

Well said, having seen two couples with a five or six year old when on holiday walking down the canal towpath. Despite looking respectable, every other word started with an "F". Complete ignorance.

I find it interesting that people can be offended by certain words. It is classic conditioning. How come there isn't a problem taking the kids to see a cutie animal film and then feeding them the flesh of dead animals?

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:40 am

chestersaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

I find it interesting that people can be offended by certain words. It is classic conditioning. How come there isn't a problem taking the kids to see a cutie animal film and then feeding them the flesh of dead animals?

Because they taste nice.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:25 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:

There is.

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season