Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Torquay Utd (away- friendly) 3pm Sat 19th July 2014

Reports and reaction from the 2014-2015 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Re: Torquay Utd (away- friendly) 3pm Sat 19th July 2014

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Fish wrote:
SaddlerCrewe wrote:
DonningtonSaddler wrote:Although Delfouneso is on the top of my wish list, from what I'm reading I think we probably need an experienced striker to lead this front line of kids.

I'd love to see him at Bescot, he was one of Blackpool's many trialists today in a friendly against Penrith, doubt if he'll be playing for us next season, unfortunately.

Scored twice and kissed the badge apparently

They will probably sign him up. Blackpool only have eight or so contracted players. People on here think we have problems!
They need to get a grip.

Twelthofapenny
UTS Regular

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Some of us expecting the Saddlers to do a million pound performance on the budget of peanuts.

Getting used to each other on the pitch doesn't happen overnight. if you think we'll get it right first time, get real.

I'm tired of this pathetic defeatism spreading across several of you on here.

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Twelthofapenny wrote:Some of us expecting the Saddlers to do a million pound performance on the budget of peanuts.

Getting used to each other on the pitch doesn't happen overnight. if you think we'll get it right first time, get real.

I'm tired of this pathetic defeatism spreading across several of you on here.

Bye then. Because that's all you get on here, defeatism !!!!

Twelthofapenny
UTS Regular

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:06 pm

I'll wait until after the first month in the season before I cast any doubts on Smith and his team. Make judgments too early, it may make you look ridiculously negative.

Bakayoko is still making himself known in the club, and the goal against Torquay only strengthened my faith in what this kid has to offer. The positive comments about the training also shows we are at least organised. Would you rather them spend their training sessions running around like headless chickens?

fensaddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:48 am

And every year, far too many people read far too much into pre-season games. In case anyone needs reminding, pre-season friendlies are not an accurate guide to league form...

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 am

Sadders wrote:Despite the fact that things aren't going that well, I've never seen as much bullshine in one place at once as what Otis has just written. So bad it made me laugh. If Cook was that injury prone Smith wouldn't have signed him. More signings are coming. I won't even comment your Westcarr reference. We need another forward, another winger and something down the spine in both positions. If it's so blindingly obvious to us, then it'll be even more obvious to Smith.

Now, there's a thought, what are the chances, either......
Walsall bring in 3 or 4 desperately needed extra players before the start of the season...or
I win the lottery at odds of 54,000,000:1.....mmmmm

Now where was that Island in the Maldives that was for sale? I'll just pop down in my private jet....take a look. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whitters
Site Addict

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Now where was that Island in the Maldives that was for sale? I'll just pop down in my private jet....take a look. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buying an island when Global Warming is upon us?
I'd be heading to the top of the Wrekin....

Previous
Return to 2014-15 Season