Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Shrewsbury Town (H) League One, 29 Mar 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
SWS1

Re: Shrewsbury Town (H) League One, 29 Mar 3pm

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:50 pm

WarsawPact wrote:Wonder what was said to Westcarr.
I'm sure Carl Ikeme heard - maybe he can be persuaded to let on...

Oh, how I'd love to know that! I can't honestly imagine what could have been said to provoke such a reaction from someone who was also injured - if not as badly as it first looked but the tackle certainly wasn't handbags. Even something like "You're a cheating count; you ain't hurt. Man up" surely wouldn't provoke such a reaction. Also, the person to ask (in private) what was said is, surely, Westy.
And why does the instigator/provocateur get away with it, not to mention the perpetrator of the tackle.
Referees? Can't understand 'em, sometimes. :?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love Blue and amber its hilarious.

Cannot compete with us financially, dont they have about 98 players in their squad?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Now ive seen the replay i dont think the Shrews player meant to hurt Westcarr he looks as if he slips when going in for the tackle.

Still a red if you ask me.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Shrewsbury's appeal against the red card dished out to Joseph Mills has been turned down.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Shrewsbury's appeal against the red card dished out to Joseph Mills has been turned down.

Seems a bit harsh. Do the FA actually look at this stuff or do they just draw lots over dinner?

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Leatherman wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:Shrewsbury's appeal against the red card dished out to Joseph Mills has been turned down.

Seems a bit harsh. Do the FA actually look at this stuff or do they just draw lots over dinner?

I didn't think it was a red at the time and, having watched it again on TFLS, I still don't think it was a red.

I don't think the tackle on Westcarr was either, would love to know what was said to him though.

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season