Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MK Dons (H) League One Sat 8th Feb, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

MK Dons (H) League One Sat 8th Feb, 3pm

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:28 pm

While we wait for the Sixfields reservoir to drain, we have the dubious pleasure of welcoming the Dons to our back yard. Much as I don't consciously snigger at others' misfortunes it must be said that Saturday's opponents are going through a bit of a bad patch (as well as having the obnoxious Karl Robinson as their driving force). Here are MK Dons' most recent League One results:

1 Jan Colchester United (H) Drew 0-0
11 Jan Shrewsbury Town (H) Won 3-2
18 Jan Bristol City (A) Drew 2-2
21 Jan Crewe Alexandra (A) Lost 2-0
28 Jan Carlisle United (A) Lost 3-0
1 Feb Tranmere Rovers (H) Lost 0-1

It was following their 3-0 drubbing at Carlisle that manager Robinson blew his top in public, threatening all kinds of reprisals against his squad. So of course virtually the same squad turned out at home to Tranmere - and lost (to a 90th minute Ryan Lowe effort :lol: )

The Dons are currently 10th in the table, trailing us by 10 points. Ben Reeves is top scorer this season, with 8 goals. To be fair it should be noted that the Dons have scored 5 more goals in the League than we have, but they've also conceded 16 more than us. Much kudos to our defence.

To consolidate our play-off position we really have to get 3 points from this one. Dean Smith will have our new loan signing Michael Ngoo in his armoury, and the postponement of the Coventry game will at least have allowed a little "bedding-in" of the new recruit. Let's aim for a 3-0 home win with Westkaka, Lalkovic and the 6'6" giant himself all getting on the scoresheet.

PT
Site Addict

Re: MK Dons (H) League One Sat 8th Feb, 3pm

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:45 pm

With Peterborough having a tricky trip to Orient, it could be a really good day for a nice convincing home win against a team that seem to be struggling a bit, a walking, talking cliché of a manager and a club that is still a stain on the game.

Let's go 3-1 with 4,322 there with 231 of those supporting the other team, either because they used to support Wimbledon, moved to the midlands and kid themselves that the team that comes and plays locally every year is somehow connected to the team they used to support when they lived in South London, or because they live in Milton Keynes and the parachuting in of a football club gives them an excuse to leave it for a few hours every other Saturday.

Brandy, a Westcarr pen (following Lewington's red card for bringing down Brandy) and N'Goo.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 am

I know it doesn't work like this, but if Carlisle can beat them 3-0, I hope we thrash them 5 or 6 and put them out of the picture.

Walsall and McDongs fans to sing Robinson, what's the score, Robinson, Robinson, what's the score.

Brandy, Westcarr, Lalkovic, Sawyers and Ngoo to wrap it up.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:I know it doesn't work like this, but if Carlisle can beat them 3-0, I hope we thrash them 5 or 6 and put them out of the picture.

Walsall and McDongs fans to sing Robinson, what's the score, Robinson, Robinson, what's the score.

Brandy, Westcarr, Lalkovic, Sawyers and Ngoo to wrap it up.

The things that dreams are made of.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Would love to beat them which then results in KR getting the sack. Manish would be gobsmacked to say the least.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:32 pm

We'll never win this one. How can we cope against the best manager in the world who is doing a superb job even though he has the playing budget of pocket money levels?

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:04 am

I'll just be in awe of seeing a future Real Madrid manager in the flesh... we get stuck with bloody Deano.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 am

I'd be amazed if we took anything out of this. We are truly not worthy - they won the FA Cup.

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Going to get spanked by the genius that is Karl Robinson, he will out think us tactically and thrash us 12-0.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:37 pm

I predict the kick-off will be delayed by 20 minutes while Robinson wlaks the perimeter of the pitch shouting "Don't you know who I am?".

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Is it true that Bayern Munich were sounding him out as new coach before they settled for some unknown Spanish bloke?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Their fans are defending him, because they haven't got a pot to pee in. We can't afford a pee, let alone a pot.

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Hopefully we'll show Karl Robinson (best manager outside the Premier League) the respect he's due and fully refurbish the dugout with a new throne for him to sit on.

We'll probably need to clear some room for his entourage too and the media frenzy that follows him.

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:14 pm

All joking apart, did you know that Jon Otsemobor (who deflected in MK Dons' last-minute winner in the FA Cup tie against AFC Wimbledon) is referred to, on their official site, as 'The Heel of God'? Think about that for a moment.

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:34 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:Their fans are defending him, because they haven't got a pot to pee in. We can't afford a pee, let alone a pot.

So Winkleman won the auction for the Piss pot at the street end when FP was demolished then ? - I always wondered

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:06 am

canadiansaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:Their fans are defending him, because they haven't got a pot to pee in. We can't afford a pee, let alone a pot.

So Winkleman won the auction for the gypsy's pot at the street end when FP was demolished then ? - I always wondered

Didn't he live in there?

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:52 am

Exile wrote:
canadiansaddler wrote:

So Winkleman won the auction for the gypsy's pot at the street end when FP was demolished then ? - I always wondered

Didn't he live in there?

Your thinking of his little bro Wee William.

SWS1

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 pm

tinned wrote:We'll never win this one. How can we cope against the best manager in the world who is doing a superb job even though he has the playing budget of pocket money levels?

:? I thought that was US! :?

:mrgreen:

leics_saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:21 pm

You know, I was thinking a few months ago about how silly it was that people can't move on.
They can't accept that Milton Keynes have a team of their own, with their own achievements and history.
A team who are in this division on merit, through honest endeavour.
Then I thought about Karl Robinson being their manager and forgot all that cack.

I don't care how we do it, as long as the Dongles get what they deserve - nothing.

Walsall to win 1-0.
Ngoo to distract the Dongles by pointing at a bird with big tits on the top floor of the Fryatt hotel.
They all look but can't see anything as they're all too short.
The ball to deflect off Westcarr and fly into the top corner from 25 yards.
Dongles to demand an Urgent Case Review as to how a player from Kettering scored against them.
Old codgers to moan that if Westcarr hadn't have been stationary he could have scored twice from the same effort.
Crowd to sing 'our chairman's mullet is bigger than your chairman's mullet.'
Dongles to consult their Corporate Supporting Handbook for current legislation on hair abuse.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 pm

leics_saddler wrote:Walsall to win 1-0.
Ngoo to distract the Dongles by pointing at a bird with big tits on the top floor of the Fryatt hotel.
They all look but can't see anything as they're all too short.

:D

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:54 pm

A 2-0 win, with Mantom and Westcarr scoring for us, the latter being set up by late sub Ngoo.

Attendance 4,075, including 250-300 Franchise.

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:55 pm

Hope we stuff this rotten lot Saturday, I've never seen such bad officials when we played them at the soulless pit, dean lewington wants kicking in the liver off the biggest mule on earth for his elbow lunge on our beloved captain. I'm going for 9-2, westcarr all 9 and 2 own goals

bangsection
Site Addict

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Can't see this being on. Nothing to do with the weather - I just think it would be unfair to play it with MK down to the bare bones. Karl Robinson's done an amazing job there this season with the budget he has to work with but surely it's best to wait for them to sign a whole new set of big money players in the Summer so that we can at least compete on a level playing field?

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm

To make this fair, we need to give them a two goal headstart. Oh, it makes my stomach turn on the thought of them losing Bamford. Chelski should have made him stay there, as a reminder of how brilliant Robinson is. How is he not manager of the month every month, it's the least he's due!

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:33 pm

BathSaddler wrote:A 2-0 win, with Mantom and Westcarr scoring for us, the latter being set up by late sub Ngoo.

Attendance 4,075, including 250-300 Franchise.

Remember in the early years of MKD they brought 48 fans? I counted them. They looked a bit lonely.

Cuzo24
Glitterati

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Surely we shud be looking at a 5k gate? Could be 4 points clear in 6th come 5 o'clock , New signing , no game last week , sexy football. Place needs to start rocking!! [youtube] http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t-8K8Hj8bxE[/youtube]

mosaddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:21 pm

4-1 to us.

ngoo, swayers x2 and westcarr

Andy_Petterson
Glitterati

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:46 pm

MK Dons are a disgrace. Like all right minded people I shall be closing my eyes whenever MK Dons have the ball tomorrow.

prediction? can't see them scoring. 2-0 to us.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:55 am

Andy_Petterson wrote:MK Dons are a disgrace. Like all right minded people I shall be closing my eyes whenever MK Dons have the ball tomorrow.

prediction? can't see them scoring. 2-0 to us.

Oh, go on then....

To be fair, you won't see them scoring if you close your eyes every time they have the ball!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 am

Can't see this being a pretty football fest if this weather is moving north.

A gutsy 2-0 in front of 4312 including 209 Mongs. Lalkovich with the goals.

Don't worry if Welsh Saddler goes AWOL this afternoon. Odds on for a power cut up in them there hills with these winds :mrgreen:

Next
Return to 2013-14 Season