Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Notts County (A) League One Sat 25 Jan 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
sallian
Glitterati

Re: Notts County (A) League One Sat 25 Jan 3pm

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Wragbyred wrote:Listening to radio nottingham they are saying it was 30 shots with 18 on target!
Halfway through the second half someone in front of me said it should be ten, they were wrong it should have been 12 or 13!
I'm being picky after such a performance but some of the chances they missed were criminal.

Well good news they created so many....if we had finishers we would have been chasing the top spot.

I hope they stay attacking minded, goal-ambitious and motivated for the rest of the season

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:04 pm

sallian wrote:Very good result, may give them confidence for the very difficult fixtures ahead...this division looks very strong this year, very few weak teams and many big and strong ones!...Wolves (3rd), Rotherham (4th), Leyto Orient (1st)....Still need to work on creating more chances quicker and more shots on goal.

^ This match report vs Crewe was before Sallian started going through his mid-life crisis.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Locky wrote:
Wragbyred wrote:Listening to radio nottingham they are saying it was 30 shots with 18 on target!
Halfway through the second half someone in front of me said it should be ten, they were wrong it should have been 12 or 13!
I'm being picky after such a performance but some of the chances they missed were criminal.

If that did happen at home we'd be stuffed! Score board only goes up to 9! :D

Is that true? See that proves my point, they didn't have the goalscoring ambition from their very foundations!

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm

sallian wrote:
kshammer wrote:
sallian wrote:on target strike rate for both teams combined has dropped to 76%

Notts county are now more accurate than us but have not had enough shots and their accuracy has not been penetrative

You speak about football like C3-PO would.

C3PO would make a good manager....he can speak many languages (good for foreign players) and would understand the logic and mathematical side of things (like many here don't!)

You actually revel in being a nob (name calling is brill). Don't even pretend you've ever played football. :lol:

Consider this the last repost - if you were in a pub i'd just ignore you because you know so little.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:14 pm

cumbria-saddler wrote:Think I must be the only one who wasn't in a good mood today.

Got a taxi to the station, the driver was slow and took ages to give me my change.. Missed my train by a few minutes.
Got to Crewe earlier than the next connection, then missed that train by a matter of seconds...
Found a train that got to Nottingham at 3.05, so decided it was still worth it to miss the first few minutes..
Managed to get to Derby, and found out all trains to Nottingham were cancelled (I was told this was going on until 2 at the latest, this was at half 2).
Bloke told me to get a public bus to Nottingham rather than the replacement one for the trains, but I wouldn't have got there until at least half time.

And of all the games to miss I missed that! :evil:

Bonser/Smith/Westcarr/Dog Face Out.

This sort of rubbish is typical of lousy overpriced rail system in this country. I am angry on your behalf too.

sallian
Glitterati

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:21 pm

kshammer wrote:
sallian wrote:
kshammer wrote:

Notts county are now more accurate than us but have not had enough shots and their accuracy has not been penetrative

C3PO would make a good manager....he can speak many languages (good for foreign players) and would understand the logic and mathematical side of things (like many here don't!)

You actually revel in being a nob (name calling is brill). Don't even pretend you've ever played football. :lol:

Consider this the last repost - if you were in a pub i'd just ignore you because you know so little.

I don't go to pubs.

I was an an excellent header of the ball, I was/am both footed...can pass, cross shoot with either foot. Am a creative player who can take players on and give defence splitting passes. I am quite fast. My tackling though...is a bit like Paul Scholes...often late but not deliberately.

Even at my age now I could still do a job for Walsall....but I would need a few months to get match fit, and I do have a few joint issues now.

If you want I will send you my autograph.

Sallian is right...on and off the pitch.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:22 pm

sallian wrote:
kshammer wrote:
sallian wrote:
kshammer wrote:

I don't go to pubs.

I was an an excellent header of the ball, I was/am both footed...can pass, cross shoot with either foot. Am a creative player who can take players on and give defence splitting passes. I am quite fast. My tackling though...is a bit like Paul Scholes...often late but not deliberately.

Even at my age now I could still do a job for Walsall....but I would need a few months to get match fit, and I do have a few joint issues now.

If you want I will send you my autograph.

Sallian is right...on and off the pitch.

Sign him up. :lol:

mosaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:35 pm

county consolation goal via behind the goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJ-te3t6p8

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:01 am

sallian wrote:I don't go to pubs.

Explains everything. :mrgreen:

gray
Glitterati

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:52 am

So hungover. So happy. We absolutely battered them. Some of the chances we missed at 5-0 were ridiculous. It's no exaggeration that it should have been at least ten.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:57 am

Superb free kick, O'Donnell stood no chance with the movement on that ball

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 am

Great free kick aside, but why on earth are their fans trying to celebrate and give us gyp about it?

I honestly couldn't have cared less when it went in.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:15 am

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Great free kick aside, but why on earth are their fans trying to celebrate and give us gyp about it?

I do. We could have. Even up to 5th

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:25 am

Graydon48 wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Great free kick aside, but why on earth are their fans trying to celebrate and give us gyp about it?

I do. We could have. Even up to 5th

I've learnt over the years that you can't let tiny fluctuations like that take over your life. They're nice, but don't let them bring you down.

I can't think of any more insulting thing from me than not caring a hot about their goal. That's how good we were yesterday.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:48 am

mosaddler wrote:county consolation goal via behind the goal

Haven't they got a flash scoreboard!

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:04 am

I'm sure they were being ironic - exactly the same as we would do / have done.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 am

WarsawPact wrote:

I'm sure they were being ironic - exactly the same as we would do / have done.

No, they were throwing the Vs and everything.

Not bothered about it, if anything, it made the day better.

Bitter Tree Hugger
Notts

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:20 am

Well done chaps, here you go. Have a laugh

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2111627208

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Bitter Tree Hugger wrote:Well done chaps, here you go. Have a laugh

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2111627208

You're welcome. All we ask in return is that you get promoted and then sell Jamie Paterson for £48m. Thanks very much.

TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:09 pm

SWS1

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Wyrley_saddler wrote:It's testament to the team that people are disappointed that we 'only' scored five. Superb result which I feel had been a long time coming. With some if the performances we've put in it was only a matter of time before we hammered somebody!

What a result! But, do you know what?....
Could have been 5 against Swindon (away). Or Peterborough. Or Stevenage. As someone said weeks ago, we're going to tank somebody one day if we put away our chances. Well, this time, we did. :D If Brandy can keep up this striking form and the rest of the team maintaintheir form, well, the sky's the limit. :D
(Got to remember, football's not like that! Mustn't get carried away :| (but it's hard not to :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D )

SWS1

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:41 pm

ChopperWFC wrote:Kshammer can't wait to tell her/he all about how bad or brilliant we are come Saturday night . Turned to wifey today and said THIS is why I'm a Saddler we are toss 90% of the time but we get days like this and my god it's worth it :D
Up the Saddlers ( 13 weeks and bump ) forever !!!!!

We ain't been toss 90% of the time this season - nor for the past two, really. This season we've probably been GOOD 90% of the time (even if not clinical enough).
Strangely enough, judging by all the comments on here from attenders, we were even LESS clinical yesterday than normal! Unbelievable!
UTS!!! :D

WarsawPact
UTS Legend

The game in a movie quote:

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:45 pm

"There's a storm coming"

The Terminator

sallian
Glitterati

Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:50 pm

TheSwift wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2p7qEBQr_L8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2p7qEBQr_L8

Highlights

Very stingy highlights considering there were so many goal attempts and saves in the game.

Impressive acrobatics from Brandy, good strike for his second goal.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:36 pm

TheSwift wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2p7qEBQr_L8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2p7qEBQr_L8

Highlights

Thanks mate. Marvellous miss by Butler at the end - I think it was because we do too much tippy-tappying type stuff without shooting myself. :roll:

Thanks Blades - it Westcarr and Brandy stay fit, we'll deffo make the play-offs

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:15 pm

I've just watched the highlights and looks like Lalkovich played a big part in the build up play for some of the goals. It was a great cross that allowed Butler to stuff up a golden opportunity. That attempt was akin to 'Eeaaww' Eaves's miss for Shrewsbury!

SWS1

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 pm

mosaddler wrote:county consolation goal via behind the goal

Thanks for that! To me it looks like it took a very slight deflection from whoever was on the end of our wall. This seemed to have the effect of taking the ball a foot or so higher than it would otherwise have gone. Not sure whether O'Donnell would have got to it otherwise (looks like he might just have done) but it made it impossible.
It's no good; we can't keep leaking goals like this :mrgreen:

Terradakphil

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Amazing day yesterday easilly should have been 10 but who cares, if the score had been 0-0 at 60 mins I would have been furious with some of those misses. Went with a Fulham supporting friend today to sheffield united (im obviously a man obsessed) and without doubt Walsall could have beaten premier league opposition on that display. My next match is peterborough away. Cant wait UTS

ChopperWFC
UTS Veteran

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 pm

SWS1 when I said toss 90% f the time I meant over the 25 years I've been watching us . Perhaps I was being unfair it's just she's only known us losing most of the time. This is a whole new world to her :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:19 am

Based on the highlights, Notts County look utter bobbins. Don't know how much of that is us outplaying them and how much is them just being absolute tat though!

PreviousNext
Return to 2013-14 Season