Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Oldham Athletic (H) League One Tue 14 Jan, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
tinned
Site Addict

Re: Oldham Athletic (H) League One Tue 14 Jan, 7.45pm

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:27 pm

sallian
Glitterati

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:50 am

Andy_Petterson wrote:
OWEN1955 wrote:
sallian wrote:
TheSwift wrote:Is this the only match thread without an inane Sallian comment in it so far this season?

I guess that means you miss me and feel a little unsure, lost and misguided without my input.

Any win helps.

One goal was enough against Oldham, but one goal is not enough against Oldham (if you are taking as a measure of play-off reaching capability). Walsall were saved by the goalkeeper and defence.

Surprised at Brandy return but I guess it makes sense as seeing as Sheff. Utd are seeing him as a liability and Walsall are badly in need of attacking creativity. Could be vital help for Walsall if he can be mature enough not to fall into any tantrums or attitude issues.

I would rather Grigg had returned than Brandy or any striker, Kevin Philips or whoever.

I still think that Lalkovic should be pushed as the central striker and even Baxendale given a go there, as I think Baxendale would be able to score goals from that position.

You had to mention his name didn't you LOL

So according to some posters a draw away to Tranmere wasn't good enough for a top 6 finish and now a home win against Oldham also isn't good enough for a top 6 finish.

When will people realize we needed to win each game 5-0 since the first game of the season to have any hope of finishing sixth!

Yes, I still believe Walsall need a better strike rate than the first half of the season in order to finish in the top six, and if they try to win each game 5-0, they will have a better chance of achieving that. Remember only a penalty save maintained that Oldham victory, if more goals had been scored that would not have been the case. An extra goal in the Tranmere game and/or the Gillingham game would have strengthened their current position...I really can't understand the self evident nonsense of trying to justify Walsall not needing to score more goals. Why was Brandy brought back....to help the defence? Does the return of Brandy signify that Dean Smith was absolutely content with his attacking options and output? Think, think and think again. And then put on your 'Sallian is Right' T-Shirt.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 am

bangsection wrote:
King Crimson wrote:"Suarez plus cash" is what I heard.

Chuck in the Three Graces and you might have a deal. They'd look lovely by the canal baisin.

Ar.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:21 pm

tinned wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/288517/video

That penalty save was a cracker. I'd forgotten about the one with his legs in the first half.

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season