Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Leyton Orient (A) F.A.Cup 2nd round Sat 7th Dec, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Cully
Site Addict

Re: Leyton Orient (A) F.A.Cup 2nd round Sat 7th Dec, 3pm

Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:All the arseholes can haves good old moan when Smith gets snapped up by someone who gives him the budget to achieve what he can't with us. Then you'll see how bad it can be.

Short memory Hutchings morons.

Perhaps theses 'arseholes', who ever they are, could be twinned with all the arselickers who burst into tears everytime someone dares to express a constructive opinion, makes a valid observation or suggests that our current leader Mr Smith is not the hallowed saviour and should never be criticised ever.

Here's a helpful tick list for qualification for the arselickers team.
1. Suggesting that the only alternative to Smith is Chris Hutchings or Ian Atkins.
2. Crying every time someone suggests we need a striker.
3. Suggesting that the only alternative to tippy tap football is to 'hoof it' [like we've been doing on alternative weeks].
4. Being obsessed with 'women's monthly things'.
5. Thinking that the answer to 'where's the money gone' is referring to longer players contracts and utterly failing to understand how how this does not affect this seasons accounts.
6. Thinking that it is a 'good idea' to regularly hoof the ball for the last 10 minutes of a game we are losing, to our centre half, who is employed as a centre half and expecting him to perform a miracle as a striker.
7. Not recognising that my 'purple' jumper was the sole reason for the end of our 17 game winless run last season.
8. Actually thinking this is a serious list.

Whitters
Site Addict

Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:17 am

Cully wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:All the Arsenal can haves good old moan when Smith gets snapped up by someone who gives him the budget to achieve what he can't with us. Then you'll see how bad it can be.

Short memory Hutchings morons.

Perhaps theses 'Arsenal', who ever they are, could be twinned with all the Arsenal who burst into tears everytime someone dares to express a constructive opinion, makes a valid observation or suggests that our current leader Mr Smith is not the hallowed saviour and should never be criticised ever.

Here's a helpful tick list for qualification for the Arsenal team.
1. Suggesting that the only alternative to Smith is Chris Hutchings or Ian Atkins.
2. Crying every time someone suggests we need a striker.
3. Suggesting that the only alternative to tippy tap football is to 'hoof it' [like we've been doing on alternative weeks].
4. Being obsessed with 'women's monthly things'.
5. Thinking that the answer to 'where's the money gone' is referring to longer players contracts and utterly failing to understand how how this does not affect this seasons accounts.
6. Thinking that it is a 'good idea' to regularly hoof the ball for the last 10 minutes of a game we are losing, to our centre half, who is employed as a centre half and expecting him to perform a miracle as a striker.
7. Not recognising that my 'purple' jumper was the sole reason for the end of our 17 game winless run last season.
8. Actually thinking this is a serious list.

I love it when someone says tippy-tappy.
It means I know instantly that they're not up with the times and their opinion can be disregarded.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Whitters wrote:I love it when someone says tippy-tappy.
It means I know instantly that they're not up with the times and their opinion can be disregarded.

to 'tippy tap'

verb

1. to piss around in the middle of the pitch without cause to move in a specified direction.
"he fudge around doing 1-2's and sideways passing"
synonyms: drift, mess, go backwards, look pretty, faff, dream, etc

2. to make no attempt to score goals or be effective.
"he wanted to create something for a striker but there wasn't one"
synonyms: lack of plan B, no finish to plan a, no finish, no finisher, etc

Whitters
Site Addict

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:23 am

saddlerken wrote:

to 'tippy tap'

verb

1. to gypsy's around in the middle of the pitch without cause to move in a specified direction.
"he donald around doing 1-2's and sideways passing"

You must be looking at the wrong dictionary Kenny boy - is it the Negative Person's Dictionary?
I shouldn't but I can't help it....

So what style do the following clubs play?
Barca, Liverpool, Wigan (under Martinez), Swansea, Arsenal maybe Man City?
Like us, their fans get frustrated sometimes but unlike us they've got loads of moolah to put real quality into their "tippy-tappy".
What alternative would you prefer we play Kenno?
Waits, knowing there won't be a reply....

SWS1

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Would I prefer that we "win ugly" or "lose prettily"? :?
Hmm.
Have to think about that one.
Nope. Can't decide. But I know what I'd really like.
Yes, you've guessed it. WIN PRETTILY.
Can be done. Just need a bit of steel and decisiveness in our finishing, like, say, Liverpool or Arsenal.
A Peterborough every week would suit me fine.
Easy. Just get on with it, lads.
:wink:

saddlerken
Site Addict

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Whitters wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

to 'tippy tap'

verb

1. to gypsy's around in the middle of the pitch without cause to move in a specified direction.

You must be looking at the wrong dictionary Kenny boy - is it the Negative Person's Dictionary?

Like us, their fans get frustrated sometimes but unlike us they've got loads of moolah to put real quality into their "tippy-tappy".

Greetings lemming.

Effective football is all I would like, when we get results, that's the number 1 priority, obviously. When tippy tappy doesn't work, like at the moment, for example, it's ineffective and as a result, we don't score any goals and we don't win.

I must loff until my stomach explodes at your embarrassing comparisons with said football teams and Walsall Football Club. Not only can you not compare division 3 footballers with the skill, technique and guile that top flight footballers possess, but your list of selected teams all play completely differently. To suggest Manchester City play in any way like Deans Smiths Walsall is absolutely hilarious. I WISH! Wide mean, Dzeko, the directness of Toure, you really haven't got a clue have you? Does their plan B also include the likes of Lescott being placed up front in the last 10 minutes of a game?

NONE of the other teams you mention can in any way be compared to a division 3 football club and I prey that Smith doesn't think like you and is in any way trying to imitate Barcelona. Being able to pass the ball to someone on the same team is one thing, trying to walk it into the goal with division 3 footballers is another. Possession football is fine when the end result is a goal. If the end result is poor old Craig Westcarr haplessly trying to locate a STRIKER within a 100 yards of him, then you can stick the crab like football up your ringpiece.

I often wonder whether some of our fans think football computer games are just like real life, I now know the answer. Thank you Whitttles.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:13 pm

How do you explain your want for effective football against your negativity towards Money? Just thinking, like, because he was pretty much the most effective manager ever, yet you get all Polly Prissy Pants about him.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:How do you explain your want for effective football against your negativity towards Money? Just thinking, like, because he was pretty much the most effective manager ever, yet you get all Polly Prissy Pants about him.

Money was an excellent organiser of a football team. His defence was always superb. He used his wingers as extra full backs. He inherited the 2nd best squad Walsall had probably ever had behind the Championship team that managed to get to the playoffs at xmas in 2004 (ish). I could have got that team promoted. If we kept a clean sheet, then all we had to do was grab a goal, easy with the talent at his disposal. He was rescued once by Scott Dann against Rochdale at home.

So, in summary, a good organiser who did what was expected.

Money, as a person, is THE biggest bellend on the planet. His attitude was appalling. The way he dealt with the press was a disgrace and his monthly blobs overshadowed what was going to be an ok season. His mossive period after Dann and Fox went was utterly OTT. He forgot he was the manager of a division 3 football club and as a result of his dummy being flobbed on the floor, the month of January 2008 will go down in history as the moment that the thicker Walsall fans gave up on supporting Walsall. His ego was bigger than my football club and for that, I think he a big bald Scunthorpe.

Whitters
Site Addict

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:31 pm

saddlerken wrote:
Whitters wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

to 'tippy tap'

verb

Greetings lemming.

Effective football is all I would like, when we get results, that's the number 1 priority, obviously. When tippy tappy doesn't work, like at the moment, for example, it's ineffective and as a result, we don't score any goals and we don't win.

I must loff until my stomach explodes at your embarrassing comparisons with said football teams and Walsall Football Club. Not only can you not compare division 3 footballers with the skill, technique and guile that top flight footballers possess, but your list of selected teams all play completely differently. To suggest Manchester City play in any way like Deans Smiths Walsall is absolutely hilarious. I WISH! Wide mean, Dzeko, the directness of Toure, you really haven't got a clue have you? Does their plan B also include the likes of Lescott being placed up front in the last 10 minutes of a game?

NONE of the other teams you mention can in any way be compared to a division 3 football club and I prey that Smith doesn't think like you and is in any way trying to imitate Barcelona. Being able to pass the ball to someone on the same team is one thing, trying to walk it into the goal with division 3 footballers is another. Possession football is fine when the end result is a goal. If the end result is poor old Craig Westcarr haplessly trying to locate a STRIKER within a 100 yards of him, then you can stick the crab like football up your ringpiece.

I often wonder whether some of our fans think football computer games are just like real life, I now know the answer. Thank you Whitttles.

I was talking about style Kenny, style.
And note I said "maybe Man City", recognising they have a plan B - Dzeco or whatever his name is.

I think I've said it all about those who use the term tippy-tappy - thanks for proving I was right Ken.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:54 am

saddlerken wrote:

to 'tippy tap'

verb

Verbs 1 & 2 perfectly sum up our current plight, we will no doubt lose again today, but WE will have been the 'better team' by far, which is getting a bit same'y, last year on the telly we mullered 'em....but still lost! Videos of Westcarrs bullet header at Sheffield will have to be preserved for prosterity, to look back on during the forthcoming dark winter nights as we slide towards the oblivion of lower mid table mediocrity..........then again we might win! (own goal of course :( ).

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:48 am

saddlerken wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:How do you explain your want for effective football against your negativity towards Money? Just thinking, like, because he was pretty much the most effective manager ever, yet you get all Polly Prissy Pants about him.

Money was an excellent organiser of a football team. His defence was always superb. He used his wingers as extra full backs. He inherited the 2nd best squad Walsall had probably ever had behind the Championship team that managed to get to the playoffs at xmas in 2004 (ish). I could have got that team promoted. If we kept a clean sheet, then all we had to do was grab a goal, easy with the talent at his disposal. He was rescued once by Scott Dann against Rochdale at home.

So, in summary, a good organiser who did what was expected.

Money, as a person, is THE biggest bellend on the planet. His attitude was appalling. The way he dealt with the press was a disgrace and his monthly blobs overshadowed what was going to be an ok season. His mossive period after Dann and Fox went was utterly OTT. He forgot he was the manager of a division 3 football club and as a result of his dummy being flobbed on the floor, the month of January 2008 will go down in history as the moment that the thicker Walsall fans gave up on supporting Walsall. His ego was bigger than my football club and for that, I think he a big bald Scunthorpe.

Lovely explanation, except you deride his style as much as everything else, despite him being massively effective.

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season