Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Crawley Town (A) League One Saturday 24th Nov 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
TheSwift
Glitterati

Location: Swifty's Best Nest of Lemon Zest on his Chest Vest and WEMBLEY!

Re: Crawley Town (A) League One Saturday 24th Nov 3pm

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:We haven't signed a striker yet.

We've already got one, though, so don't spit your tampon.

Agree, Hewitt should never have been dropped. I know the system wasn't the most effective but he deserves a better chance. Some of his headers were fantastic and if you played someone infront of him or some sort of switch formation then they would be clean through on goal. Or, if Westcarr got put infront of him then he could pass to someone else to be clean through on goal :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Cully wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:It's a hard one. Especially as I'm quite pro-Westcarr.

I think the only way you could replace Westcarr is with someone who is as good as him in a link up sense, but better at finishing.

I actually think we should stick with him unless Smith signs somebody who he thinks is better than Westcarr.

Blimey, well done for arriving at that conclusion. The thought process must have been err...............................difficult eg

1. Westcarr = striker
2. A.N.Other striker is better than Westcarr
3. Sign A.N.Other striker
4. Sit back, remove tampon from brain and celebrate brilliant analysis with like minded chums.

:arrow: PERIOD

I know. One would say this simplicity is still better than spitting one's dummy.

I expect Ken on his way having to back up his addled father within the evening.

Analysis.

Cully
Site Addict

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
Cully wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:It's a hard one. Especially as I'm quite pro-Westcarr.

I think the only way you could replace Westcarr is with someone who is as good as him in a link up sense, but better at finishing.

I actually think we should stick with him unless Smith signs somebody who he thinks is better than Westcarr.

Blimey, well done for arriving at that conclusion. The thought process must have been err...............................difficult eg

1. Westcarr = striker
4. Sit back, remove tampon from brain and celebrate brilliant analysis with like minded chums.

I know. One would say this simplicity is still better than spitting one's dummy.

Analysis.

You're doing just great on your own. Got any other earth shattering team strengthening conclusions?

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Cully wrote:
Cully wrote:

1. Westcarr = striker

Analysis.

You're doing just great on your own. Got any other earth shattering team strengthening conclusions?

I'll share them on your next bitter, yet unfulfilling and insightless rambling.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Cully wrote:I think these 'negative' posters should be named and shamed. How dare they! Who do they think they are? and while we're at it all those positive posters can expose themselves as well for failing to recognise any other realistic and balanced opinion and posting 'comments'! And while we're at it what about those fence sitters that infest this site, nothing to say until it has happened. And while we're still at it, what about those posters who pretend to have some inside knowledge about Dean Smith's breakfast cereal choice and posting dribble about plans, players inside legs and 'expert' inside information.

Hope that has covered everyone apart from the nutters and those that use the message board to say what they like, whenever they like, to who ever they like without having to conform to some imaginary rules made up to suit someone's argument :D

Have we signed a striker yet? :arrow: PERIOD

But the nutters account for half the posters on the site.

Cully
Site Addict

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:14 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Cully wrote:I think these 'negative' posters should be named and shamed. How dare they! Who do they think they are? and while we're at it all those positive posters can expose themselves as well for failing to recognise any other realistic and balanced opinion and posting 'comments'! And while we're at it what about those fence sitters that infest this site, nothing to say until it has happened. And while we're still at it, what about those posters who pretend to have some inside knowledge about Dean Smith's breakfast cereal choice and posting dribble about plans, players inside legs and 'expert' inside information.

Hope that has covered everyone apart from the nutters and those that use the message board to say what they like, whenever they like, to who ever they like without having to conform to some imaginary rules made up to suit someone's argument :D

Have we signed a striker yet? :arrow: PERIOD

But the nutters account for half the posters on the site.

I agree, and the other 60% haven't got a clue :D

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Cully wrote:

1. Westcarr = striker

... am I on the right board? is there something deeply Freudian going on here?

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Cully wrote:

1. Westcarr = striker

Analysis.

Ken's keeping a lower profile now the Deano bashing opportunities are more limited.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:19 pm

rogerem wrote:Absolute poppycock to say a good Striker would do us harm.
The mistake of not strengthening when we are 'hot', has been our downfall in the past.

It could do, possibly. In your tiny little mind it may not be able too, and indeed it could well be the making of our team. As I said, I am sure reinforcements will be along all in good time.

Not really sure why I am still engaging in conversation with you, my 9 year old daughter has more brain cells than you, my 3 year old son could certainly teach you a few things about manners and respect. I await the " I'm being threatened" response.

I don't mind the odd troll on a message board, but I don't think you are one, think you are just a nasty piece of work. Quite ashamed to follow the same football club as you, the one my Dad bought me up to watch, not really a fair world when he isn't here anymore, and you still get to breathe the same air as me.

Will be the last response you get from me, cos I am blocking your "posts" (nonsense)

Goodnight.

rogerem
UTS Legend

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 am

Morning WaW....
That's a drunken post if I ever saw one!
I'm trying to work out why poppycock was so offensive, so I can leather you with it.
Good day, God bless. xxxx

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season