Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Rotherham United (H) League One, Sat 21st Sep 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
latviancheese
Site Addict

Re: Rotherham United (H) League One, Sat 21st Sep 3pm

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:10 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:
Perkwins wrote:MOM Featherstone - lovely player. Hardly ever wastes a pass

But does he ever produce an assist or defence splitting pass?

He is basically a technically sound crab.

So is Michael Carrick, but he's been a key player in some good Man Utd teams.

As long as Featherstone plays in there with players who can create chances, we're fine. There's greater onus on Mantom in the new system we're now playing.

I like Mantom further forward, he can score himself 10 goals if he gets up and supports.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm

latviancheese wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

As long as Featherstone plays in there with players who can create chances, we're fine. There's greater onus on Mantom in the new system we're now playing.

I like Mantom further forward, he can score himself 10 goals if he gets up and supports.

Agree. He's looking better now than at any time since his first loan spell.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
latviancheese wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

Agree. He's looking better now than at any time since his first loan spell.

I think he looks a bit nervous. :|

SWS1

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:19 pm

MAsaddler wrote:I would go with O'Donnel for my MOM, his save towards the end looked immense and he has improved massively, much more confident.

I feel Westcarr is being negatively affected by our fans, he was first man off the pitch today didn’t show any appreciation to the fans (which is fair, I wouldn’t if I were him) my biggest worry is this negativity could begin creeping into the squad. The winless run / winning run of last season had many variables, but i think the key element of that success was mentality, and cohesion. If Westy hits mega form over the next few weeks or months we will probably be singing his name, but for him I fear the damage is done, we as supporters didn’t support him, he will probably run over to the empty seats like Grigg when he scores.

Our support is massive in maintaining what is produced by the backroom staff, I worry for players like Benning and Hemmings who I feel may be confidence players, and ultimately players we will ruin if they dont pick up form. These players can react positively to the criticism and they have, but if you get it week in week out when you are trying your best and working hard you will eventually give up and if enough players think that then we are back to last years crap bit of the season.

Good post, MA. If we could just bring ourselves to support any player who is giving his all, even if he's having a bad day, the whole team would do even better. Moaning and getting on players' backs DOESN'T WORK. Supporting them and encouraging them DOES!! Get on with it!!
:evil:

SWS1

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 pm

:shock: Orient have stuffed Brentford tonight. Eight straight wins. :shock:
The bloke on telly who picked us and Leyton Orient as "dark horses for promotion" was at least half right. :shock:

(I said at least. :mrgreen:)

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season