Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Preston North End (H) League One Sat 31st Aug 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
wfc & chips
Glitterati

Re: Preston North End (H) League One Sat 31st Aug 3pm

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:58 am

interesting linguistics at play here. grigg improved immeasurably after stepping up his workrate. yet those of us pointing out that deficiency in westcarr's game apparently want players who run around like headless chickens. going for headers despite being unlikely to win them gives your opponent another problem to consider. obvious, i'd've thought.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 pm

wfc & chips wrote:interesting linguistics at play here. grigg improved immeasurably after stepping up his workrate. yet those of us pointing out that deficiency in westcarr's game apparently want players who run around like headless chickens. going for headers despite being unlikely to win them gives your opponent another problem to consider. obvious, i'd've thought.

He backs in. Not difficult to see.

wfc & chips
Glitterati

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

latviancheese wrote:
wfc & chips wrote:interesting linguistics at play here. grigg improved immeasurably after stepping up his workrate. yet those of us pointing out that deficiency in westcarr's game apparently want players who run around like headless chickens. going for headers despite being unlikely to win them gives your opponent another problem to consider. obvious, i'd've thought.

He backs in. Not difficult to see.

sometimes.

a week ago you couldn't see he did anything!

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season